Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so on top of saying "When the media lies to the people I will never let them get away with it", Trump spoke about a terrorist attack the day before in Sweden...that didn't happen. And blamed it on immigrants, naturally. :lol:

The latest salvo in Donald Trump’s war on discernible reality has arrived in the form of a “Mainstream Media Accountability Survey” released by his campaign committee yesterday.
[...]
Other questions, such as “Do you believe that if Republicans were obstructing Obama like Democrats are doing to President Trump, the mainstream media would attack Republicans?” serve as the polling equivalent of encountering a Lovecraftian cosmic monster whose otherworldly construction and implications cannot be fully understood by the human intellect without resulting in total madness.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...-trump-mainstream-media-accountability-survey

It's fun filling in the survey.

1. Do you believe that the mainstream media has reported unfairly on our movement?
Answer: No
2. Do you trust MSNBC to report fairly on Trump's presidency?
Answer: Yes
3. Do you trust CNN to report fairly on Trump's presidency?
4. Do you trust Fox News to report fairly on Trump's presidency?
5. On which issues does the mainstream media do the worst job of representing Republicans? (Select as many that apply.)
Answer: None
6. Which television source do you primarily get your news from?
Answer: Out of the four presented, Local News
7. Do you use a source not listed above? T
Answer: he printed press
8. Which online source do you use the most?
Answer: A variety
9. Do you trust the mainstream media to tell the truth about the Republican Party’s positions and actions?
10. Do you believe that the mainstream media does not do their due diligence fact-checking before publishing stories on the Trump administration?
Answer: It is specifically because they do that you look in such a sorry state.
11. Do you believe that the media unfairly reported on President Trump’s executive order temporarily restricting people entering our country from nations compromised by radical Islamic terrorism?
Answer: That's a suggestive question unbecoming of any survey. But no, I do not think so.
12. Were you aware that a poll was released revealing that a majority of Americans actually supported President Trump's temporary restriction executive order?
Answer: Yes, it even appeared in the MSM. However, it doesn't make it any more legal nor morraly justified.
13. Do you believe that political correctness has created biased news coverage on both illegal immigration and radical Islamic terrorism?
Answer: I believe that "political correctness" is a term applied when you don't like the criticism.
14. Do you believe that contrary to what the media says, raising taxes does not create jobs?
Answer: Twisted question. Scrap the "contrary to what the media says" if you want this to be a survey. And it's a matter of economics, not belief. In terms of economics, your question proves a blatant lack of understanding.
15. Do you believe that people of faith have been unfairly characterized by the media?
Answer: You mean like the characterisation of non-believers and Muslims by Fox News? Yes, certainly I do.
16. Do you believe that the media wrongly attributes gun violence to Second Amendment rights?
17. Do you believe that the media has been far too quick to spread false stories about our movement?
Answer: The GOP is merely a movement? Trump brought you down quickly.
18. Do you believe that the media uses slurs rather than facts to attack conservative stances on issues like border control, religious liberties, and ObamaCare?
Answer: Affordable Care Act. Talk about slurs...
19. Do you believe that the media purposely tries to divide Republicans against each other in order to help elect Democrats?
20. Do you believe that the media creates false feuds within our Party in order to make us seem divided?
21. Do you believe that the mainstream media has been too eager to jump to conclusions about rumored stories?
22. Do you believe that if Republicans were obstructing Obama like Democrats are doing to President Trump, the mainstream media would attack Republicans?
Answer: Appoint people qualified for their respective positions, and their acceptance will be much easier. Further, you did obstruct Obama.
23. Do you agree with the President’s decision to break with tradition by giving lesser known reporters and bloggers the chance to ask the White House Press Secretary questions?
Answer: If at least these people had a track record of ethical reporting...
24. Do you agree with President Trump’s media strategy to cut through the media’s noise and deliver our message straight to the people?
Answer: When can we expect a Castro-like ten hour live address by the President?
25. Do you believe that our Party should spend more time and resources holding the mainstream media accountable?

If you think of politics as a pendulum, eventually it's going to swing the other way (if we're not all dead by then). It would make sense for Republicans to stamp out this talk of "fake news", because one day the left's version of Trump may come along and used it to his or her advantage.

God help me if I ever support the Left's version of Trump.

That poll is a total joke lol. The questions are insane and so biased. I've never seen a poll as crazy as this! I answered it but in the end I couldn't finish it as I don't live in the USA and can't give out a zip code but everyone should answer this poll if you live in the states and tell trump what you really think! This guy is bananas!

Leif (Vincent Vega) lives in Berlin and he just used a proxy, and entered a Dallas zip code to do the survey, it doesn't matter if you live in the US or not, you can still do it :)

Last edited:
thoughts and prayers

Hi guys. Why hasn't anyone changed their avatars in support of Sweden? Have we no more compassion and empathy left? #PrayForSweden

75732928.jpg

Last edited:
I hadn't seen Hue And Cry in a while, I'd forgotten the name of the comic the kids read in it and now the film's ruined! :angry:

rNdZ3Gi.jpg

read a comment yesterday on reddit that summed it up perfectly. Said this is fact pollution and like chucking coal waste in a river, its in there now and inseparable.

There are no doubt people who really have decided Trump is the only source for the truth simply because he says so (and that's fucking batshit insane in itself!!) They'll lap shit like this up and not bother checking whether or not he's talking out of his ass. :doh: like you said, very dangerous.

read a comment yesterday on reddit that summed it up perfectly. Said this is fact pollution and like chucking coal waste in a river, its in there now and inseparable.

There are no doubt people who really have decided Trump is the only source for the truth simply because he says so (and that's fucking batshit insane in itself!!) They'll lap shit like this up and not bother checking whether or not he's talking out of his ass. :doh: like you said, very dangerous.

You wanna see batshit? Take a look at the comments section of the video I posted of trumps rally. That's freaking batshit! Some people there are comparing him to Jesus! And as of this morning ALL comments but one were praising trump and calling him beloved! That is freaking batshit. It makes me sick to my stomach that people can be so blind and so manipulated to think that trump is Jesus! But as you know people who made up their minds about trump have completely shut their doors to anything else anybody says even if the facts stare them right at their faces, they will deny everything unless it comes from trump! A lot of these people remind me of the moon landing conspiracy theorists and the flat earthers you can show them mountains upon mountains of evidence and they come up with some silly argument to deny them. Argh what an ugly world we live in.

Last edited:
So he said Sweden, who cares, obviously he just misspoke by one word. I say we give him the benefit of the doubt.

This entire absurd notion of trying to understand these people and meeting them halfway is totally outside the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom