Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask all of you something. If Trump was more even handed and acted more like a politician would you give him a fair shake? Or would you still be shaking your fists?

I ask because some of the folks I asked about Trump and their response was "We just want him to act more like a president." And then there were some that have said "Nothing he can do will make me change my mind."

If he behaved like an actual mature human being with some legit understanding of how politics works, and wasn't letting idiots like Bannon or Kellyanne or Spicer help and speak for him, and wasn't supporting the appointments of people like Sessions or DeVos, and wasn't pulling this "alternative facts/fake news" nonsense? Then yeah, I probably wouldn't be as angry with the guy.

But as noted above, it's not JUST the fact he's acting horribly unprofessional. It's the fact that his political stances are shit, he's hired horrific and completely inexperienced people to work in our government, and he's got so many conflicts of interest and scandals following him it's not even funny. There's plenty of valid reason beyond "he doesn't act presidential enough" to be angry about the fact that he's our president. I think we've all made those reasons abundantly clear in every thread about him thus far.

And he made his true colors abundantly clear when his campaign started, and didn't once change course for the better. He had plenty of chances well before he got elected to grow up and act like a decent human being who would take this job seriously, and make people who were against him change their minds and see him as a worthy candidate, but he never did. So Trump supporters need to quit holding their breaths that we'll get behind him, because if we haven't by now, we're not ever going to.

I think the only palatable GOP candidate as President here would be John Kasich. But everybody would still be upset that Hillary lost.

Again, it is no longer about the fact that Hillary lost for us. We've long ago accepted that fact.

Also, yes, Kasich would've been tolerable, but I could've dealt with, say, Rubio or Jeb being president, too, if a GOP candidate had to win the election. At least with people like that we have an idea of what to expect from them. At least they have an actual understanding of how politics freaking works. I really do not get how that part of things is not bothering any of you Trump supporters even a bit. I truly don't.

Last edited:
8df793eaa67c08d22153a22b4daf7c9c.jpg

Ooooft!!

Can I ask all of you something. If Trump was more even handed and acted more like a politician would you give him a fair shake? Or would you still be shaking your fists?

No, because I'd still fundamentally disagree with his political stances. A lot of others consider this 'respectability' thing to be quite important though.

I feel like it is a VERY slow transition from the November 9th mindset. It sucks to be on the other side.

So how do you explain the Republican/conservative-leaning posters in this thread who refuse to support Trump, or the other Republicans/conservatives out there who can't stand him, either? Their party's on the winning side and yet they're still not happy.

I will repeat once more: Our issues with Trump have nothing to do with Hillary not winning/us being on "the other side" anymore.

If he were smart he would simply say "I'm disappointed but business continues as usual."

:lmao:

Him being a complete embarrassment as a President is but one reason I "won't give him a chance". There is supposed to be a certain dignity to this office. He has shown time and time again he has no dignity. But really, that's probably the least of my concerns.

Most importantly he has surrounded himself with horrible advisors, including a white nationalist, a spokesperson who apparently is allergic to facts, an Attorney general who is an avowed racist and a press secretary who is laughably bad at his job. It's also painfully clear that his administration is incompetent. Their Executive Orders are poorly thought out and implemented, his first raid was botched, hell even the White House lawyers who defended his Muslim ban in front of the 9th circuit were bad.

Lastly, he has still not divested from his companies, and has refused to release tax records. WE DON'T KNOW what foreign dealings he has which to my mind is extremely dangerous.

Last edited:
Name(s)?

I know My Posse is on the Trump Train.

You all definitely are. Proudly so.

This should be archived, we can revisit in 2020 (or earlier should we be so lucky). I expect crickets from your posse.

Name(s)?

I know My Posse is on the Trump Train.

I think Headache once said used to vote Republican in years past. Is that who you are referring to?

Headache, yes, and bono_212 has said she's got some personal conservative beliefs as well.

And like I noted in my post, there's many more Republicans/conservatives out there who don't like him, either.

This should be archived, we can revisit in 2020 (or earlier should we be so lucky). I expect crickets from your posse.

I'll take that bet. Democrats are in shambles.

Moonlit_Angel said:
And like I noted in my post, there's many more Republicans/conservatives out there who don't like him, either.

I still have never met or heard of a person that says "I used to be a Trump Supporter"

...I'm not talking about people who supported him and are now changing their minds, though? I'm talking about Republicans/conservatives who were against him from the get-go, and prominent Republicans who've been openly criticizing him since he took office (Dick Cheney, of all people, anyone?).

Hell, shortly before the election, when that tape with Trump's infamous "pussy" comments came out, there were students at Falwell University, of all places, urging the leaders of that university to not endorse him. That's about as conservative as you can get.

And I would not get all cocky about the Democratic Party struggling, because the longer you guys let Trump run things, the worse it'll be for your party in the long run.

My step-dad used to be one tile the tape. Then he realized he has daughters and granddaughters and said, 'no more.'
SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829836231802515457

Does he mean the SC?! It was a unanimous decision which is very surprising, looks like the SC will be 4-4. The administration has completely botched this EO.
They won't. No conservative judge has upheld it yet. The SC doesn't need Trump or donors. They'll shoot it down too.

I'll take that bet. Democrats are in shambles.

I still have never met or heard of a person that says "I used to be a Trump Supporter"

I have! There was an article somewhere where many trump supporters got buyers remorse. I'll see if I can find that article. For starters there is this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Trump_Regrets

Last edited:

I ask because some of the folks I asked about Trump and their response was "We just want him to act more like a president." And then there were some that have said "Nothing he can do will make me change my mind."
Absolutely not. His policies and decisions are what horrifies me.
I think the only palatable GOP candidate as President here would be John Kasich. But everybody would still be upset that Hillary lost.
No, Kasich is horrible. People who say they liked him are the ones who just care about rhetoric.

To be honest, I've yet to find a Republican politician in this day and age that I remotely respect. I just find basically every aspect of their viewpoints to be a mixture of uninformed, malicious, and indifferent.

I have! There was an article somewhere where many trump supporters got buyers remorse. I'll see if I can find that article. For starters there is this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Trump_Regrets

But honestly I just have to laugh at people who regret voting for him! It's one of those what where you thinking moments! Trump was showing his true colors during the campaign and the fact that he was clearly a trainwreck waiting to happen well before the election, what where these people thinking? Good thing is I'de like to believe that those that regretted voting for him will not make the same mistake again.

If you guys run someone like Fauxahontas in 2020 yeah you will get four more years of Trump. Seriously who do you have that is even close to another Obama?

Elizabeth Warren - She will be lucky to win Re Election next year
Cuomo - Yeah....No.
Corey Booker - VP at best

You have till 2020 to pull another Obama style personality out of somewhere or Trump will win. Incumbents have always have the advantage going into another election. If you put someone who is a hard leftist into the nomination it will scare the middle of the road voters away even more so than Trump.

Next year I'd hedge my bets on the Democrats losing more seats than Republicans. While Trump is being made to look a fool on the other side the Democrats are being looked at as obstructionists. So basically if you were to sum it up our president is acting like a child and our congress are acting like children so both sides look like a bunch of putzes

Last edited:
If you guys run someone like Fauxahontas in 2020 yeah you will get four more years of Trump. Seriously who do you have that is even close to another Obama?

Cuomo - Yeah....No.

You have till 2020 to pull another Obama style personality out of somewhere or Trump will win. Incumbents have always have the advantage going into another election.
Don't be so sure about that! I doubt trump will last a full term let alone win reelection at the rate he is going! He is self destructing right before our eyes! You honestly think he will win again? Lol

Cuomo - Yeah....No.

You have till 2020 to pull another Obama style personality out of somewhere or Trump will win. Incumbents have always have the advantage going into another election.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii) is the Democrat's brightest new star. Bernie on Social Issues. But because she is closer to Trump on National Security and Terrorism, critical of Obama's Syria policy, the party is cannibalizing her.

Re: Warren might get beat by Curt Schilling

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii) is the Democrat's brightest new star. Bernie on Social Issues. But because she is closer to Trump on National Security and Terrorism, critical of Obama's Syria policy, the party is cannibalizing her.

Re: Warren might get beat by Curt Schilling

LOL Bernie was left looking like a blithering idiot by Cruz the other night. He lost all his credibility when he hitched himself to the Clinton train.

Back to Trump though. The left is doing everything they can to impeach him......I'm sure plenty here believe its a righteous effort but do they realize if they keep doing this. Obstructing, Calling for impeachment blah blah blah the mid terms will cost them even more seats and say Trump gets impeached which I doubt....You get President Pence.....Congratufreakinglations.

Who was predicting that? I doubt even Mittens was.

The Republicans had a lot of momentum going into the 2012 elections. A lot of the conservatives thought Romney would win.

Also remember the Dems thought they were a shoe in this last election as well as the last mid terms...Yeah didn't go so hot.

The truth is our elections have a lot of elements you just can predict. Ill get back to you next summer and see where we are at. I'd have more of a prediction on the mid terms then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom