Trump General Discussion VII - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2017, 03:45 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I... Cannot believe this shit. I'm so glad I've been so busy at work the last few days I've missed most of this.

So I need to shop at Nordstroms this weekend?

Old 02-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Where are all the conservatives defending the free market?

Nordstrom is a company that owns fairly high-end department stores, the bulk of which are located in wealthy urban areas which did not vote for Trump, in some instances by enormous margins. It carried the Ivanka Trump line which is a lower-end line compared to their other merchandise so my general feeling is that she probably got a deal with them because of her name and not because what she was peddling fits in with their other products. When people decided to vote with their wallets and not buy her things, Nordstrom acted out of its financial best interest and pulled the line. What is wrong with that?

Old 02-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #18
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This is a great moment of levity too from Lil' Marco.

https://youtu.be/kepdzLUNE64

3 weeks into his term we are on Trump VII surpassing Obama V 8 years on.

Interesting food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
So because we talk more about trump than Obama, it automatically makes him a better president? Ok got it!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Richard Painter is the former Chief Ethics lawyer for flaming leftist George W. Bush during his presidential years. His thoughts on Nordstrom below. I'm sure we'll once again hear total crickets from the Trump supporters in these parts.

Quote:
Well, the government ethics rules, the standards of conduct for federal employees make it very clear that you may not use public office for private gain. A U.S. Government employee, including a white house staff member, may not in an official speech, official capacity a TV interview, promote the products or services of a business owned by his family or by the president's family, or anybody else. So that is illegal under the standards of conduct for federal employees.

Much more important, however, is the president's tweet really attacking Nordstrom for its decision to drop his daughter's -- the president's daughter's line of clothing. This is a direct attack on the company. It's intimidation. This company does business with every branch -- just about every branch of the federal government. And now we are being told that Nordstrom is persona non grata with this administration.

We have in this administration seen attacks on the freedom of religion, attacks on the freedom of press, on the independent judiciary, and now on the free enterprise decision. Business people are entitled to make business decisions free of intimidation. We do not have to do business with the president's family in the United States of America. That's not the way it works. I think the American people are getting fed up with this type of conduct. This is not the type of person we want in the white house. If he is going to conduct himself in this manner, pressuring people to buy his family's products and using the white house to do that. That is entirely inappropriate and it's got to stop.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I... Cannot believe this shit. I'm so glad I've been so busy at work the last few days I've missed most of this.

So I need to shop at Nordstroms this weekend?
I'm planning to. It's a good company in general for both employees and consumers, so yeah.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:41 PM
I wish we had a Nordstroms in my town. There are some elsewhere in Iowa, but it's a few hours' drive to get to them.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

So our president wants to renegotiate START but has to ask his aids what START is?

This is a fucking joke. This is why you need some level of competence to hold office. Have some basic understanding of foreign policy, domestic policy, law, business, economics, sanity

Trump has displayed none of this. He's attacked all levels of government. He's attacked businesses, he's attacked human rights.

All in three weeks. The only silver lining I can see is that with the amount of lies they spew daily, it's brought a focus on the truth/facts that seemed to be hidden for a long time. People may be waking up out of their "feelings fog " and start to pay attention.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.03c1ceb12d37

"The last time a resolution of inquiry was considered on the House Floor was in 1995, against then-president Clinton. It can be considered a first step in the process of attempting to impeach a federal official."

(The quote is from my 'Countable' app, where I heard about this. I went to Google to find a news article.)
Old 02-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #24
War Child

Can I ask all of you something. If Trump was more even handed and acted more like a politician would you give him a fair shake? Or would you still be shaking your fists?

I ask because some of the folks I asked about Trump and their response was "We just want him to act more like a president." And then there were some that have said "Nothing he can do will make me change my mind."
Old 02-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

9th Circuit upholds the Stay
Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Can I ask all of you something. If Trump was more even handed and acted more like a politician would you give him a fair shake? Or would you still be shaking your fists?

I ask because some of the folks I asked about Trump and their response was "We just want him to act more like a president." And then there were some that have said "Nothing he can do will make me change my mind."
I think the only palatable GOP candidate as President here would be John Kasich. But everybody would still be upset that Hillary lost.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #27
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I think the only palatable GOP candidate as President here would be John Kasich. But everybody would still be upset that Hillary lost.
KASICH?!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
KASICH?!
Yeah 'Son of a Mailman' Sucks
Old 02-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #29
War Child

Can't wait for Trumps Twitter meltdown about the appeals court.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #30
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Can't wait for Trumps Twitter meltdown about the appeals court.
If he were smart he would simply say "I'm disappointed but business continues as usual."