Trump General Discussion VII - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2017, 12:17 AM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I'm not holding out hope that Congress has enough of a spine to do this.
And not even a month into his presidency. I think we're stuck with Geppetto and Pinocchio until the next election cycle.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:50 AM   #257
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:53 AM
Donald Trump's visit to the UK 'will be rescheduled' to avoid embarrassing him
Holding it in late summer means that parliament will be in recess – and won't be around to object

I'd call him a precious little snowflake who should suck it up and that hurt feelings aren't currency or whatever it is right wingers say these days.

But I don't reallllly fancy seeing my country being nuked off the face of the earth because this petulant brat can't handle a shred of criticism.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:51 AM   #258
45:33

I think he could go into Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and they won't impeach him.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:01 AM   #259
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Would be an interesting four years if people were constantly trying to goad him into taking the first shot.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:23 AM   #260
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I'm not holding out hope that Congress has enough of a spine to do this.

My guess is that it's a combination of waiting for him to fall into the lower 30s so they don't suffer any blowback from their highly gerrymandered districts (kind of ironic) and also until they get their SCOTUS (which should absolutely not happen).

At this rate Trump should be in the low 30s by March.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:35 AM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:53 PM
calls for Trump to be arrested as a traitor

Donald Trump should be arrested over Michael Flynn's talks with Russia, Michael Moore says | The Independent
Old 02-14-2017, 05:48 AM   #262
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Trump General Discussion VII

To lie is to breathe for this child. All you have to do is put him on the stand, he'll lie about something. Just find something worthy of putting him on the stand, I guarantee it will be a lot more than a bj.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:51 AM   #263
Blue Crack Distributor

To be fair, Michael Moore wants every Republican arrested.

But this Flynn thing has the ability to be the thing that finally ends our not so long national nightmare. The press needs to keep at it. Hammer this down with irrefutable proof.

It's always been about Russia. Only the blind have missed this. They've done a piss poor job of hiding it. Connect the giant dots and let's be through with this.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #264
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

finally Bill Gates has spoken out - i have been wondering about this since day dot of the global gag order

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...rls-us-funding
Old 02-14-2017, 06:16 AM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
To be fair, Michael Moore wants every Republican arrested.

But this Flynn thing has the ability to be the thing that finally ends our not so long national nightmare. The press needs to keep at it. Hammer this down with irrefutable proof.

It's always been about Russia. Only the blind have missed this. They've done a piss poor job of hiding it. Connect the giant dots and let's be through with this.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:17 AM   #266
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Agreed.

Then again, some people apparently also are not able/willing to see Trump for the racist misogynist that he is.
So who knows. I wouldn't even be surprised if these people would not really mind this Russian controversy either. Since it's Trump being Trump. Or something.
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 02-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #267
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth brown View Post

more on this POS:

Quote:
Trump’s overarching argument to voters has been, in the end, economic: as President, he would draw on his business experience, “surround myself only with the best and most serious people,” and lead Americans to greater prosperity. Some aides did not help fortify that proposition: Trump fired his first campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who manhandled a female reporter, and then forced out his chief strategist, Paul Manafort, after Manafort was weakened by allegations of unreported lobbying and secret cash payments from leaders in Ukraine. (Manafort has denied these allegations.)

To understand whom Trump trusts to put policy vision into practice, I contacted Stephen Miller, his national director of policy, who serves as a fiery warmup speaker at Trump rallies. Miller, who is thirty-one, worked for Michelle Bachmann, of Minnesota, and, later, for Senator Jeff Sessions, of Alabama, a prominent Republican critic of free-trade deals and illegal immigration. Miller has been described by Politico as “a deeply unsettling figure, even to many in his own party,” in part because of his writings in college and high school. While attending Duke University, Miller accused the poet Maya Angelou of “racial paranoia” and described a student organization as a “radical national Hispanic group that believes in racial superiority.” Miller asked me to speak to several of Trump’s advisers on the economy and trade.

President Trump’s First Term - The New Yorker

who the fuck becomes an outspoken critic of Maya Angelou?

also, who put the angry face on the top of my post?
Old 02-14-2017, 06:58 AM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
Agreed.

Then again, some people apparently also are not able/willing to see Trump for the racist misogynist that he is.
So who knows. I wouldn't even be surprised if these people would not really mind this Russian controversy either. Since it's Trump being Trump. Or something.
What Trump has done brilliantly (or to be more accurate what Bannon has done brilliantly) is to create an atmosphere, especially in his base, where facts don't matter.

But the voters who swung the election to Trump... not the fanatics, but the working class undecided who thought they'd "give him a chance"... have to be turned off by proof of his being a traitor to his own country.

If they aren't and I'm wrong? Well then we're even more fucked than I thought, and I thought we were pretty fucked.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #269
you are what you is

Based on what I have seen from Trump voters on this forum, who claim they were only luke warm towards him, I would say you are more fucked than you thought you were.
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 02-14-2017, 07:40 AM   #270
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
Based on what I have seen from Trump voters on this forum, who claim they were only luke warm towards him, I would say you are more fucked than you thought you were.

Well, I can only think of one off the top of my head, and his "luke-warmness" I have a feeling was quite exaggerated. I think he did so to come off level-headed, but his posts said long time fanatic.

The only real fence sitters I know are pretty much backing away and not saying anything. Time will tell.