Trump General Discussion VII - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Let's get back to Mr Government Is Harder Than I Thought

Old 02-10-2017, 03:49 PM   #167
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:15 PM
I just need to say that I only just now realized that DaveC's avatar is Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman, and I love it.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #168
Blue Crack Distributor

Just so everyone knows my 2c on the subject, I think most people on this board know I identify as native American, though I'm only about 40% or so, and not registered.

The post REALLY offended me.

However I had chosen to not rise to Bloody Sundays bait any longer, and decided not to respond

Dave, just because someone didn't say something doesn't mean they weren't hurt.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
You overreacted, and I will not continue the spectacle.
next time someone publicly slanders a part of my heritage, i'll make sure to check in with you to see how offended i am allowed to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I just need to say that I only just now realized that DaveC's avatar is Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman, and I love it.
i figured the location would give it away pretty quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Just so everyone knows my 2c on the subject, I think most people on this board know I identify as native American, though I'm only about 40% or so, and not registered.

The post REALLY offended me.

However I had chosen to not rise to Bloody Sundays bait any longer, and decided not to respond

Dave, just because someone didn't say something doesn't mean they weren't hurt.
fair enough. i don't know the percentages but my father's mother is half-Mi'kmaq and we know that my mom's great-grandfather was "an indian" (but no specifics). there are also natives and metis in the family tree but i don't know the specifics. i certainly don't have enough native blood in me or know enough specifics to claim any kind of status. i'm mostly irish through my grandfather and my family considers its canadian start to be when two irish orphans arrived in the 1800s to be put to work on a farm in ontario. so for simplicity's sake i say i have irish heritage when anyone asks me, but i'm really just a mutt.

it just hurts me immensely to see how racism against first nations and native people is just so easily ignored or dismissed or laughed at, whereas the reaction if that was nearly any other race would have been outrage. i don't mean specifically here, it's absolutely everywhere and it really wears me down sometimes. i can only imagine how hurtful it must be for someone who is full-blooded, or even just "looks more native" (if you'll excuse the phrasing) than i do.

anyways it diemen is just outright deleting my comments on this now (my previous post was edited to "." and i didn't do it) so i guess i just have no choice but to stop "overreacting" and creating a spectacle over genocide puns.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #170
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
If he's going to call you 'Bono,' I'm going to call him 'Bloody.'
Old 02-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #171
Blue Crack Distributor

The look on Abe's face when he finally let's go is us all.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm with Howard Stern, I don't think Trump wanted to win.....and is completely out of his element. I actually cannot help but feel a little sorry for him. Guess it's the highly sensitive person trait in me kicking in
Old 02-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #173
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Attachment 11090

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Are you kidding me? Please tell me you are!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I'm with Howard Stern, I don't think Trump wanted to win.....and is completely out of his element. I actually cannot help but feel a little sorry for him. Guess it's the highly sensitive person trait in me kicking in
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He could have surrounded himself with competent, well-respected people, but instead he opted for a clown show.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #175
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Are you kidding me? Please tell me you are!
And why are you defending this hag? She is clearly playing you and you are falling for it. Typical of trump supporters.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #176
Blue Crack Addict

let's not get into the habit of calling women "hags" either please.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #177
Blue Crack Distributor

This is becoming alarmingly common from you, dabiggest...
Old 02-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #178
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
next time someone publicly slanders a part of my heritage, i'll make sure to check in with you to see how offended i am allowed to be

anyways it diemen is just outright deleting my comments on this now (my previous post was edited to "." and i didn't do it) so i guess i just have no choice but to stop "overreacting" and creating a spectacle over genocide puns.
I have given you PLENTY of chances. If you want to discuss something, there's a better way than to ignore my PMs and publicly escalate at every opportunity.

FOR THE RECORD, beyond obvious spamming/trolling, there is no defined "immediately bannable" offenses. Even if someone posts overtly racist things, they are given a second chance. The standard policy for something deemed overtly racist/sexist/offensive is a warning and/or timeout, followed with the admonition that if the behavior continues on their return, it will turn into a permanent ban. That includes if someone decides to make bigoted jokes about your heritage, my heritage or anyone else's heritage.

No one is banned immediately for one racist post (unless that post comes after a host of other issues and the poster has previously been temp banned). Sorry. Continued racism after being warned the initial time gets you banned. If they come back from the ban and don't post any more racist stuff, problem solved - they've learned that racism is unacceptable here and they need to engage in a better way. If not, then they're gone.

As for the racist posts themselves, it would help if somebody, ANYBODY, would report them when they see them. And though it was/is controversial, the policy of deletion does apply to those kinds of posts.

Also, for the record, from the FAQ:

Quote:
If you have been warned by the administrators on more than one occasion to not personally attack other members of the forum, or for any other reasons, and do not agree to comply, you may be banned. Name calling is absolutely not allowed. Members who do not listen to moderator/admin warnings and continue to carry on after a mod has warned them in the thread(s),may be temporarily suspended from one or all of the forums for a week or longer, depending on what they did and how they cooperate during the suspension.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #179
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
And why are you defending this hag?
I've asked you once already to not use sexist terms for women, regardless of their political persuasion.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #180
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I agree he didn't think he'd win (remember how he was going to start TrumpTV to capitalize after, and there was even a space in his press row marked TrumpTV), I don't venue think he started with any idea that he'd win the Republican nomination... this isn't his first rodeo. He has run before, and everyone pretty much accepted it as a publicity stunt and ignored him... Because, ya know, he has zero business being anywhere near the White House and all.

and he's obviously out of his element, that's undeniable. Only the staunchest of Trump sheep would deny that (tick tock tick tock)

But feel sorry for him? Fuck no. He could have ended this at any time. He ran with it, and along the line I think his ego allowed himself to be convinced that he could actually do the thing (newsflash, he can't).

He allowed himself to be an empty vessel for the worst of the worst, and have given them emense power. He has put this nation in peril.

Fuck him and the iron pyrite plated horse he rode in on.