Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump giving speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, so far all he's talked about is the Apprentice and how the ratings have gone down since Schwarzenegger took over and it's been a disaster. Now he wants people to pray for Arnold. Very awkward, like one person clapping.

My God.

What an asshole!

An absolute embarrassment.

Screw you Trumpets.

Honestly.

You would think that at a Prayer Breakfast (I don't know why such a thing exists but ok) maybe it would be appropriate or tasteful to begin by offering a prayer for the Navy SEAL who just died in a clusterfuck operation that YOU authorized, or for the unexpectedly large number of civilians who also died? But no, better to pray for Arnold's ratings.

So embarrassing.

It's always appropriate to quote Rust Cohle:

I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

Terrifying.

I also love his assumption that a more left/Democratic electorate is by definition the enemy. It's one thing to blame children of immigrants (racist) but even "real American" young people are way more left than right. So this goes beyond race and truly towards a race/ideology purism test.

OK well Ill throw my hat in the ring because A. I've been wanting to make a return for years and B. I love a good discussion! Just remember we may disagree on our views but we are all Americans under the same flag. This will be a long post but it explains in detail why I feel like I do.

Well I'll start by saying when I was younger I was very much a liberal in a lot of ways.....Now most would call me a Libertarian. I am a Texan boy.....Born and raised in the Lone Star state. I voted for Obama in 2008 over Mccain above all else because I believe in giving the unknown a chance.

A few years after that I switched to Republican after moving from Texas to CO. I don't fault Obama for everything he did do some good things but he also did some not so good things. I am not beholden to either side and honestly I believe that is how a voter should be.....Look at both sides and the issues and form your own opinion......Don't fall for the smoke screen do individual research.

I witnessed first hand the incompetence of Washington over the affordable healthcare act. Healthcare is important but when your people say things like "We have to pass the bill to know whats in it?" Excuse me but your job is to read the ****ing pieces of legislation and make an honest vote for or against it not force it through without reading it. The pre existing conditions clause for me was the only saving grace of Obamacare.

I gave the Democrats a chance and I felt like as someone who was in the middle I had been left out in the cold like a lot of folks. Obama talked about bringing the country together and the exact opposite happened. Instead of doing that the past administration became more like the teacher scolding the class because they chose to question the teachers knowledge. We became more divided than ever. We chose being politically correct over common sense.

The world also changed in the wake of 9/11 which I should add could have been prevented if we had taken Osama into custody like the Sudanese had wanted when they offered him to the Clinton administration in 1996. & The war in Iraq under Bush JR which was stupid STUPID STUPID STUPID!
They left a power vacuum when they took out Saddam and Muslim fundamentalism came in and we have been dealing with it ever since.

Obama missed a vital opportunity to ask the Muslim world for unity against the fanatics.....A BIG OPPORTUNITY! I've heard from many people about the moderate world and that the fanatics don't represent the majority of Muslims.....Well in order to take back your faith you have to fight for it. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to fix the problem

Getting off base though and back to the discussion at hand. When I moved to CO I saw exactly how the extreme liberal thinking is. CO turned blue back in 2008 when Obama won. As far as policy goes whether it be energy etc etc there was and is no negotiation. A lot of people on the western side lost their jobs because of close minded thinking. This kind of thing was happening all over the country. The so called forgotten ones. The ones sick of the lecturing and the bull****. Trumps rise was not because of racists.....It was because of people looking for a change. The similarities to Carter/Reagan in 1980 are eerily similar. The left was too busy patting each other on the back all the while lecturing the rest of us. In reality the people that gave us President Trump was the PC crowd....8 years of safe spaces & one sided debate you get tired of it.

Trump won because of his stance of America first. We have to take care of our own interests first. Europe has shown what happens when you try to be sympathetic to the world.......Over time you lose your identity. I look at the issues of gang rape & vicious acts committed in the aftermath of the Syrian migrant crisis and I feel saddened. Europe instead of letting them in gradually just opened the gates and said "We are here for you!" That is all fine and dandy but that also gives the wolves in sheep clothing a chance to blend in with the innocent sheep which is sad......Very sad

I voted for Trump because just like Obama I believe in giving the unknown a chance. He's not a politician which is both good and bad. The truth is sometimes you need brutal honesty to snap you back to reality. We have a 17 trillion dollar credit card bill we are still paying down. If we don't your children and your children's children will be fitting the bill.

I voted for Trump....Begrudgingly I might add because while I don't like some things about him his message of fixing America was attractive to a lot of us in the middle. While Clinton on the other hand reeks of corruption. The DNC stole the nomination from Bernie Sanders because simply put he was not their choice. They chose the one person who had just as much baggage as Trump....The one person who could not beat him despite what everyone said. She is a Washington elitist who acts like a sincere person but in reality is a snake. If the experience is bad experience it doesn't make the person with the more experience the better choice.

I gave Trump a chance.....But just like Obama if he doesn't do right by the American people I will vote him out in 2020......110% Politically on the constitution I am conservative but on social issues I tend to be more liberal. So far if you can weed through all the misinformation Trump is doing an OK job....Not perfect...As in the case of the Travel ban but OK. Give him a chance......If he screws up call him on it but don't spend the next four years screaming "Not my president." Wanting him to fail as someone so delicately put it is like being on a plane and wanting the pilot to crash.

You can slam me all you want for voting Trump but I ask you to look beyond the bubble and really ask yourself not why did Trump win? But why we lost?

Last edited:
I voted for Trump....Begrudgingly I might add because while I don't like some things about him his message of fixing America was attractive to a lot of us in the middle. While Clinton on the other hand reeks of corruption.

Speaking of being honest, you really don't see Trump as being corrupt? Or was it just a type of corruption you were willing to swallow?

Speaking of being honest, you really don't see Trump as being corrupt? Or was it just a type of corruption you were willing to swallow?

I've said to plenty of my friends. This election was like someone walking up to you and asking "Would you like to be punched in the face or kicked in the nuts? Either way its going to hurt."

I don't see him as perfect....Far from it but I am willing to give him a chance.

I've said to plenty of my friends. This election was like someone walking up to you and asking "Would you like to be punched in the face or kicked in the nuts? Either way its going to hurt."

I don't see him as perfect....Far from it but I am willing to give him a chance.

Nice dodge ;)

I agree it wasn't a great choice, but I believe you got conned if you think this punch will leave the least amount of damage.

No the crimes that have been committed by the scumbags that sneaked in with the mass of innocent people that were trying to flee a war zone.

There were reports that while a lot of the migrants were women and children a lot of the first waves were military aged males 18 to 24. The Danish woman who was gangraped and the rape was broadcast on social media till the police broke down the door and stopped it is just the latest crime committed in the aftermath of crisis.

There are a lot of new issues that now exist in Europe that didn't before. I work with a lot of people that are from Germany directly as immigrants or have family there. They are pretty disgusted with how Merkel has handled the migrant crisis.

Last edited:
Nice dodge ;)

I agree it wasn't a great choice, but I believe you got conned if you think this punch will leave the least amount of damage.

Not a dodge bud. Its always been the proverbial douche or turd sandwich election....No one seems to want to change it so we carry on with the status quo.

Also that is the power of the vote....Don't like it? Vote for someone else in 2020. The solutions start with the candidates the people pick.....Seriously is this all we have to choose from?

Last edited:
Not a dodge bud. Its always been the proverbial douche or turd sandwich election....No one seems to want to change it so we carry on with the status quo.

Also that is the power of the vote....Don't like it? Vote for someone else in 2020. The solutions start with the candidates the people pick.....Seriously is this all we have to chose from?

I agree about getting rid of the status quo, I completely understand that desire.

You just chose the wrong guy to do so. It's one thing to want anti-establishment, it's another thing to just give give it over just because :shrug: all the signs were right in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom