Trump General Discussion VI - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2017, 01:39 PM   #76
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 675
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Welcome, by the way. I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, but I appreciate hearing your perspective. Thanks for coming in and offering thoughtful posts.
Cori you are very welcome.

Debate is what makes this country what it is and its a very important aspect of our country.
We can talk and have differing views without resorting to name calling and violence.

I may not agree with you and you may not agree with me but we do find common ground sometimes.
__________________

__________________
bloodysunday972 is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #77
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,519
Local Time: 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post

You say he will start a war......Give me proof this is in the works? The previous administration started a brush fire in the middle east that has gotten out of control.
You didn't know about the SEAL mission, and you haven't heard about him threatening to "invade Mexico"?

He's already berated allies and he's put Iran on high alert. Don't kid yourself in thinking Clinton would have already pissed off this many allies, threatened allies, and started a tongue kissing relationship with Putin.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #78
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 675
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You didn't know about the SEAL mission, and you haven't heard about him threatening to "invade Mexico"?

He's already berated allies and he's put Iran on high alert. Don't kid yourself in thinking Clinton would have already pissed off this many allies, threatened allies, and started a tongue kissing relationship with Putin.
BVS did you miss the part where a Mexican official said Mexico would unleash the cartels on the US?

Mexico has a lot of negotiating chips in this matter, Fareed, but it also has measures we could take in other areas. For example, the drugs that come through Mexico from South America, or the drugs that are produced here in Mexico all go to the United States. This is not our problem. We have been cooperating with the United States for many years on these issues because they’ve asked us to and because we have a friendly, trustful relationship. If that relationship disappears, the reasons for cooperation also disappear.”

No Clinton would have done the damage behind the scenes. Trump again is not a politician so he just shoots off openly which is a little more concerning at moments.

As far as the news I get most of it online now. I about cancelled by cable because after the political grandstanding on both sides I wanted to slam my head through a wall. The Seal mission I've only heard about in the last 24 hours....Again I don't follow the news as much right now because honestly its depressing as a whole.
__________________
bloodysunday972 is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:10 PM   #79
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,519
Local Time: 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
BVS did you miss the part where a Mexican official said Mexico would unleash the cartels on the US?

Mexico has a lot of negotiating chips in this matter, Fareed, but it also has measures we could take in other areas. For example, the drugs that come through Mexico from South America, or the drugs that are produced here in Mexico all go to the United States. This is not our problem. We have been cooperating with the United States for many years on these issues because they’ve asked us to and because we have a friendly, trustful relationship. If that relationship disappears, the reasons for cooperation also disappear.”
Former Mexican official. And not the same thing of threatening to invade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
No Clinton would have done the damage behind the scenes. Trump again is not a politician so he just shoots off openly which is a little more concerning at moments.
Frankly, I'm getting tired of this excuse. I'm not a politician, but I don't go around bullying everyone to get my way and throwing my power around like a hurt child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
As far as the news I get most of it online now. I about cancelled by cable because after the political grandstanding on both sides I wanted to slam my head through a wall. The Seal mission I've only heard about in the last 24 hours....Again I don't follow the news as much right now because honestly its depressing as a whole.
Well if Benghazi was a deal breaker for you, this should scare you.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict
 
Babydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Berlin, Germany.
Posts: 22,268
Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
No the crimes that have been committed by the scumbags that sneaked in with the mass of innocent people that were trying to flee a war zone.

There were reports that while a lot of the migrants were women and children a lot of the first waves were military aged males 18 to 24. The Danish woman who was gangraped and the rape was broadcast on social media till the police broke down the door and stopped it is just the latest crime committed in the aftermath of crisis.

There are a lot of new issues that now exist in Europe that didn't before. I work with a lot of people that are from Germany directly as immigrants or have family there. They are pretty disgusted with how Merkel has handled the migrant crisis.
I must have missed this memo...
__________________
Babydoll is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #81
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Again I don't follow the news as much right now because honestly its depressing as a whole.
You really should be, so that you can learn exactly how dire things have become under Trump in the past few weeks.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:16 PM   #82
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 675
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
I must have missed this memo...
It could also be the difference in news direct from Germany vs what we get here.

As you live in Germany maybe you can explain it better for me

Angela Merkel warns against refugee backlash after murder case – POLITICO
Merkel faces backlash after collapse of case against German comedian for insulting Erdogan
AfD blames Angela Merkel's immigration policy for Berlin Christmas market attack | Daily Mail Online

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Angela Merkel Suffers Backlash against Her Immigration Policy
__________________
bloodysunday972 is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,819
Local Time: 10:51 AM
I have many questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Obama missed a vital opportunity to ask the Muslim world for unity against the fanatics.....A BIG OPPORTUNITY! I've heard from many people about the moderate world and that the fanatics don't represent the majority of Muslims.....Well in order to take back your faith you have to fight for it. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to fix the problem
What does this mean? I hear it all the time and it makes very little sense to me, unless you are under the mistaken impression that the majority of the Muslim world is just fine with radicals. Why is it that we feel the need to exert such pressure on Muslims to go above and beyond what they are already doing to combat the extremism of a few?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Getting off base though and back to the discussion at hand. When I moved to CO I saw exactly how the extreme liberal thinking is. CO turned blue back in 2008 when Obama won. As far as policy goes whether it be energy etc etc there was and is no negotiation. A lot of people on the western side lost their jobs because of close minded thinking. This kind of thing was happening all over the country. The so called forgotten ones. The ones sick of the lecturing and the bull****. Trumps rise was not because of racists.....It was because of people looking for a change. The similarities to Carter/Reagan in 1980 are eerily similar. The left was too busy patting each other on the back all the while lecturing the rest of us. In reality the people that gave us President Trump was the PC crowd....8 years of safe spaces & one sided debate you get tired of it.
What does political correctness have to do with anything? What is it that you think political correctness is? What is this obsession with "safe spaces" that the right dwells on so much and you rarely ever hear about in practice from anyone on the left?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Trump won because of his stance of America first. We have to take care of our own interests first. Europe has shown what happens when you try to be sympathetic to the world.......Over time you lose your identity. I look at the issues of gang rape & vicious acts committed in the aftermath of the Syrian migrant crisis and I feel saddened. Europe instead of letting them in gradually just opened the gates and said "We are here for you!" That is all fine and dandy but that also gives the wolves in sheep clothing a chance to blend in with the innocent sheep which is sad......Very sad
Are you aware that "America first" is extremely similar to the rhetoric of the Nazi regime? That rampant nationalism-based xenophobia is always a precursor to something much darker than whatever you think is going to happen because of the acceptance of refugees?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
I voted for Trump because just like Obama I believe in giving the unknown a chance. He's not a politician which is both good and bad. The truth is sometimes you need brutal honesty to snap you back to reality. We have a 17 trillion dollar credit card bill we are still paying down. If we don't your children and your children's children will be fitting the bill.
Why do you think the American economy is similar to a credit card bill? (It is very different.) And don't you think the bill the next generation will be footing in terms of environmental destruction because of Trump's stated and now real rollbacks of regulations is going to be the real problem longterm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
I voted for Trump....Begrudgingly I might add because while I don't like some things about him his message of fixing America was attractive to a lot of us in the middle. While Clinton on the other hand reeks of corruption. The DNC stole the nomination from Bernie Sanders because simply put he was not their choice. They chose the one person who had just as much baggage as Trump....The one person who could not beat him despite what everyone said. She is a Washington elitist who acts like a sincere person but in reality is a snake. If the experience is bad experience it doesn't make the person with the more experience the better choice.
I actually agree with all of this, aside from it being a good argument for Trump. This can all be true while also not being a convincing argument that Trump should have been president.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
I gave Trump a chance.....But just like Obama if he doesn't do right by the American people I will vote him out in 2020......110% Politically on the constitution I am conservative but on social issues I tend to be more liberal. So far if you can weed through all the misinformation Trump is doing an OK job....Not perfect...As in the case of the Travel ban but OK. Give him a chance......If he screws up call him on it but don't spend the next four years screaming "Not my president." Wanting him to fail as someone so delicately put it is like being on a plane and wanting the pilot to crash.
Are you a white man? Based on this passage I suspect that you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
You can slam me all you want for voting Trump but I ask you to look beyond the bubble and really ask yourself not why did Trump win? But why we lost?
Trump won for a multitude of reasons but the number one reason was the incompetence of Hillary Clinton, her campaign staff, and the Democratic Party.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #84
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 675
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Former Mexican official. And not the same thing of threatening to invade.


Frankly, I'm getting tired of this excuse. I'm not a politician, but I don't go around bullying everyone to get my way and throwing my power around like a hurt child.
Well if Benghazi was a deal breaker for you, this should scare you.
Benghazi wasn't the deal breaker but it helped. Why didn't the administration call it a terrorist attack from the get go?

OK so I read the transcript of what he said. It not only didn't include the Mexican presidents response what he is saying is "Take care of your problem or we will have to take steps." Yes that can be interpreted as what you called it but it could also mean putting troops on the border which is unnerving but also possible.

Remember something else. The Mexican govt is incredibly corrupt. The police are crooked as hell and a lot of the weapons from Mexican arsenals end up in the hands of the cartel. I urge you to look up a documentary called Cartel land.
https://youtu.be/xC5bpPfltOI
__________________
bloodysunday972 is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict
 
Babydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Berlin, Germany.
Posts: 22,268
Local Time: 04:51 PM
I'm waiting for a conference call right now, so only doing drive-by postings, but The Daily Mail and Telegraph are hardly reliable sources.

__________________
Babydoll is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,741
Local Time: 11:51 AM
I was begging for an outsider, non politician to become president.

I still think it's needed.

Unfortunately that's gone now, because we elected a failed businessman turned reality TV star under the pretense that he was "a successful businessman who would shake up the stats quo."

If you erase all of what he's said and done on the campaign, and what he's done so far in office, there still remains the undeniable fact that this man is a fraud; a confidence man. His business history is clear as day and available to everyone, yet somehow people still think that he's some sort of grand real estate mogul.

Donald Trump is a brand.

That's how he's been able to come back into the public eye; the perception of wealth. He doesn't even build anymore... He has somebody else build and enters into marketing agreements with them.

When he was a developer and casino magnate, he did horribly. He single handedly destroyed Atlantic City. He hasn't built a meaningful building in New York since the 80s.

It's all there. But nobody seemed to care.

It's unreal.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,484
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I was begging for an outsider, non politician to become president.

I still think it's needed.

Unfortunately that's gone now, because we elected a failed businessman turned reality TV star under the pretense that he was "a successful businessman who would shake up the stats quo."

If you erase all of what he's said and done on the campaign, and what he's done so far in office, there still remains the undeniable fact that this man is a fraud; a confidence man. His business history is clear as day and available to everyone, yet somehow people still think that he's some sort of grand real estate mogul.

Donald Trump is a brand.

That's how he's been able to come back into the public eye; the perception of wealth. He doesn't even build anymore... He has somebody else build and enters into marketing agreements with them.

When he was a developer and casino magnate, he did horribly. He single handedly destroyed Atlantic City. He hasn't built a meaningful building in New York since the 80s.

It's all there. But nobody seemed to care.

It's unreal.
But he's not political correct.

I think the biggest reason he was elected is that people want the house to burn down.
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #88
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,741
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Welp... They're gonna get their wish
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #89
War Child
 
Hawkmoon269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Lalaloopsy land
Posts: 902
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Benghazi wasn't the deal breaker but it helped. Why didn't the administration call it a terrorist attack from the get go?

OK so I read the transcript of what he said. It not only didn't include the Mexican presidents response what he is saying is "Take care of your problem or we will have to take steps." Yes that can be interpreted as what you called it but it could also mean putting troops on the border which is unnerving but also possible.

Remember something else. The Mexican govt is incredibly corrupt. The police are crooked as hell and a lot of the weapons from Mexican arsenals end up in the hands of the cartel. I urge you to look up a documentary called Cartel land.
https://youtu.be/xC5bpPfltOI

I haven't watched that documentary but i would bet that the majority of the arms in possession of the drug cartels in Mexico are exported from the US, at the end of the day there are no restrictions to selling any kind of guns here.
__________________
Hawkmoon269 is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #90
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,741
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Evangelical Christian leader Jerry Falwell Jr. will head an education reform task force under U.S. President Donald Trump and is keen to cut university regulations, including rules on dealing with campus sexual assault, the school he heads said.
Quote:
Falwell told the Associated Press he turned down an offer from Trump to become education secretary, in part because Falwell did not want to move his family to Washington.
This is a man who believes the Flintstones is a documentary.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com