Trump General Discussion VI - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
No the crimes that have been committed by the scumbags that sneaked in with the mass of innocent people that were trying to flee a war zone.

There were reports that while a lot of the migrants were women and children a lot of the first waves were military aged males 18 to 24. The Danish woman who was gangraped and the rape was broadcast on social media till the police broke down the door and stopped it is just the latest crime committed in the aftermath of crisis.

There are a lot of new issues that now exist in Europe that didn't before. I work with a lot of people that are from Germany directly as immigrants or have family there. They are pretty disgusted with how Merkel has handled the migrant crisis.
dude, i am European and Merkel is a hero

Old 02-02-2017, 12:46 PM   #62
War Child

Local Time: 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I agree about getting rid of the status quo, I completely understand that desire.

You just chose the wrong guy to do so. It's one thing to want anti-establishment, it's another thing to just give give it over just because all the signs were right in front of you.
Ill be honest BVS I come from a family with a military background. The Benghazi thing left a really bad taste in my mouth. Gaddafi was a monster just like Saddam but he was the monster keeping things in check. If the people wanted to overthrow him it should be the will of the people and we nor Europe should not have put our hats in the ring.

I find it a little funny that a few years before a lot of European nations were signing agreements with Gaddafi for oil exports.....Then a few years later they attack him.

Back to Trump. He seems to be keeping his promise of bringing back American jobs....But he has to think long term....What happens when companies say "Well we will just pay the taxes." ? Part of this is making it appealing for those companies to stay here. As far as border security? I would not have gone with a wall. More like enforce the laws on the books. Hire more border patrol and support them. Also put better technology on the border and more importantly stop trying to butter Mexico. Mexico's immigration policy is they catch you? Bye bye you go. So I find it a little silly that they are trying to guilt trip us.

My hope is that he has people in his staff that if he is making an error will stand up and say "Sir there are better ways to solve this."

Old 02-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #63
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
dude, i am European and Merkel is a hero
And there are people that think Trump is great. See the point I am trying to make? Everyone's opinion is different about their leaders.

Obama opening up Cuba I think was great. The embargo is stupid and pointless at this point but.....Cuba is still far from perfect. They still practice Communist ideals but its better under Raul then it was Fidel.....But its still Communism.

No leader is perfect but they have to know when they **** up they have to fix it. Merkel flubbed the Syrian problem but she's been good in other ways.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie

What jobs is he bringing back? A few thousand maybe? Automation is going to wipe out the factory / line workers, and has been for a while.

That will not change. What are Trumps plans to deal with automation and a population that has been replaced by it? Better education to service or build the robots?

Mining, Oil, and other resources are limited. We can build pipelines, we can frack, but that isn't sustainable either.

I agree with upgrading our infrastructure. Our roads are bad, our transit systems are outdated. But like many GOPers.....how are we going to pay for it?

Trump has proven he only cares about himself, and his friends.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #65
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Ill be honest BVS I come from a family with a military background. The Benghazi thing left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Then you must be scared shitless that in under 2 weeks time he's already sent in a mission without listening to intel, with no backup that caused the death of a soldier. I am.
Quote:
Back to Trump. He seems to be keeping his promise of bringing back American jobs....But he has to think long term....
Not really. He hasn't technically brought back anything, don't believe his or Breitbart's spin. What jobs has he actually brought back?

But you're right, his plan is only a short term one, and has no sustainability.

Quote:
My hope is that he has people in his staff that if he is making an error will stand up and say "Sir there are better ways to solve this."
You mean Bannon who admits to wanting to destroy the state, or Tillerson who has vested interest in Russia, and somehow magically got a transparency law lifted on oil companies today? Good luck with that.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
And there are people that think Trump is great.
people who think Trump is great right now can go to hell
Old 02-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #67
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
What jobs is he bringing back? A few thousand maybe? Automation is going to wipe out the factory / line workers, and has been for a while.

That will not change. What are Trumps plans to deal with automation and a population that has been replaced by it? Better education to service or build the robots?

Mining, Oil, and other resources are limited. We can build pipelines, we can frack, but that isn't sustainable either.

I agree with upgrading our infrastructure. Our roads are bad, our transit systems are outdated. But like many GOPers.....how are we going to pay for it?

Trump has proven he only cares about himself, and his friends.

Ironically I like Ireland's approach to energy. Oil, Natural gas, Hydro, Solar, heck even Nuclear. We went on vacation there a few years back and I loved their approach to energy.
Clinton said she would kill the coal industry during the election then she wonders why Coal states didn't vote for her?

Clean coal technology exists and we need to look at that too.

The elephant in the room is tax increases. Most politicians won't touch it because its a vote killer.....That being said if they cut more wasteful spending and put it towards infrastructure upgrades that would create jobs.

Fracking isn't a solution. You create a multi pronged approach to energy. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

On the robot thing part of it is the advancement of technology. The other part is for example and I know its an old example....The fast food industry. They want 15.00 an hour minimum? OK great well two problems with that 1. Higher wages price of product goes up. Also 2. If its cheaper to automate for the business to continue that is what they will do.
I don't agree with it but its how businesses operate.

We have Russell Stovers plant here in town. It is the only one that is non automated an they plan to keep it that way.

You will always need workers....You can't rely on strictly computers and robots.

If I were Trump I would focus on rebuilding America. Bring US jobs back. Create new ones. Invest in our infrastructure which would create more jobs. Expand energy to cover to gambit to get off of just oil.....But at the same time don't get rid of oil completely.

He's been in less than a month so its still early but I hope the man learns quick.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #68
New Yorker

The time to give trump a chance long passed! He had his opportunity and blew it. No more chances for him. Soon he will start a war and is pissing off pretty much every country in the planet! He is giving the USA a huge black eye and it's only been less then 3 weeks. You expect us to give him a chance?? Anyone who thinks Donald will be good or he will change at this point is purely delusional! You are chasing a dream that you will never obtain under trump! The sooner you get this the better. Trump is like a cancer and it's spreading. The longer we wait the worst it will be.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Sure they will.

About 1.4 seconds before he fires them.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #70
War Child

Quote:
Ironically I like Ireland's approach to energy. Oil, Natural gas, Hydro, Solar, heck even Nuclear. We went on vacation there a few years back and I loved their approach to energy.
Clinton said she would kill the coal industry during the election then she wonders why Coal states didn't vote for her?

Clean coal technology exists and we need to look at that too.

The elephant in the room is tax increases. Most politicians won't touch it because its a vote killer.....That being said if they cut more wasteful spending and put it towards infrastructure upgrades that would create jobs.

Fracking isn't a solution. You create a multi pronged approach to energy. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

On the robot thing part of it is the advancement of technology. The other part is for example and I know its an old example....The fast food industry. They want 15.00 an hour minimum? OK great well two problems with that 1. Higher wages price of product goes up. Also 2. If its cheaper to automate for the business to continue that is what they will do.
I don't agree with it but its how businesses operate.

We have Russell Stovers plant here in town. It is the only one that is non automated an they plan to keep it that way.

You will always need workers....You can't rely on strictly computers and robots.

If I were Trump I would focus on rebuilding America. Bring US jobs back. Create new ones. Invest in our infrastructure which would create more jobs. Expand energy to cover to gambit to get off of just oil.....But at the same time don't get rid of oil completely.

He's been in less than a month so its still early but I hope the man learns quick.
Yes, Ireland also have a great National Health Service.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:09 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Ilan Berman, vice president of the conservative American Foreign Policy Council think tank, reported that the White House turned off its recording equipment during President Donald Trump’s call with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
How ignorant do people have to be to not see what's happening?
Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #72
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Then you must be scared shitless that in under 2 weeks time he's already sent in a mission without listening to intel, with no backup that caused the death of a soldier. I am.

Not really. He hasn't technically brought back anything, don't believe his or Breitbart's spin. What jobs has he actually brought back?

But you're right, his plan is only a short term one, and has no sustainability.

You mean Bannon who admits to wanting to destroy the state, or Tillerson who has vested interest in Russia, and somehow magically got a transparency law lifted on oil companies today? Good luck with that.
Remember something Obama had poison pills in his administration too. Van Jones was one of them. As far as foreign policy goes Ill look into that one I haven't heard much about that mission.

We have had a history of going in half cocked without realizing the long term effects. It wasn't us but remember how Europe did their colonialism withdraw from Africa without at least trying to assist in independence? When you leave a system in place for so long and that is all they know and then you just change it without aiding the change disaster happens. Uganda, South Africa, Congo, etc etc. My mother grew up in Zambia which was one of the few which had a peaceful transition to independence.

The Middle East just like Africa has a tribal view of things. Shia doesn't like Sunni. Most of the wars in the middle east religion becomes a huge part of it was well as ideals. The destabilization of Iraq was moronic. Because quite simply you take out Saddam who kept the balance and who becomes the power broker in the region? Iran.

Libya was supposed to be an example of democracy following the civil war. Its become a hell hole and a haven for extremists. And what bothered me about Benghazi was they were left to die and then the administration tried to blame it on a video. Foreign policy failures have happened under both parties and as the son of a Vietnam vet it angers me greatly.

His cabinet I may be a fool to believe so but I think some will get weeded out. He did pick some good ones. Mathis confirmation was approved by Republican and Democrat alike. I believe only one Democrat voted against him.

Russia whether we like it or not we have to be on a level playing field with them. Everyone says don't open relations with Russia but we have to.

I'm not a politician just a young brain with 31 years on this earth....BUT! I do come from a melting pot of political ideas. If I could say anything to Trump it would be this. "The world is a mine field. You have to know which ones you can defuse and which ones you have to explode." His lack of politics is showing a lot. He needs to be more controlled in his actions. Get advice from both sides.

Oh and while the Republicans I shake my head at right now the Democrats like Chuck Schumer anger me to no end........They would rather divide more then find solutions. In my view drain the swamp should be on both sides. The left is fighting a war for its political soul as well as the Republicans.

I dunno man I don't have all the answers. We just have to do our best to keep the country straight. We don't agree on everything but we all have a part to play.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

anyone understand the implications of this?

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-ce...170202_33.aspx

Publication of Cyber-related General License
2/2/2017

Today, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) published Cyber-related General License (GL) 1, "Authorizing Certain Transactions with the Federal Security Service," pursuant to Executive Order 13694 of April 1, 2015, "Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities." GL 1 authorizes certain transactions with the Federal Security Service (a.k.a. FSB) that are necessary and ordinarily incident to requesting certain licenses and authorizations for the importation, distribution, or use of certain information technology products in the Russian Federation, as well as transactions necessary and ordinarily incident to comply with rules and regulations administered by, and certain actions or investigations involving, the FSB.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #74
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
The time to give trump a chance long passed! He had his opportunity and blew it. No more chances for him. Soon he will start a war and is pissing off pretty much every country in the planet! He is giving the USA a huge black eye and it's only been less then 3 weeks. You expect us to give him a chance?? Anyone who thinks Donald will be good or he will change at this point is purely delusional! You are chasing a dream that you will never obtain under trump! The sooner you get this the better. Trump is like a cancer and it's spreading. The longer we wait the worst it will be.
Dabiggest you come across as more liberal thinking. I understand that but remember something else Obama's approach of appeasing people rather than approaching each situation differently made us look weak.

It's either someone who gives up too much or someone who gives too little.

Clinton would not have been any better. She had her alliances too. People she owed political favors too as well. Don't you think they would be quick to cash in on those favors once she was in?

You say he will start a war......Give me proof this is in the works? The previous administration started a brush fire in the middle east that has gotten out of control.

Do you remember some of the right when Obama got elected? OH MY GOD HE'S DOOMED US ALL! SKY IS FALLING SKY IS FALLING! That is what the left sounds like right now.

He's been in a little over half a month. Do you expect every world leader to solve the problems of their country in a month? It took Obama 2 terms to even get half there.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #75
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:39 AM
Welcome, by the way. I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, but I appreciate hearing your perspective. Thanks for coming in and offering thoughtful posts.