Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No the crimes that have been committed by the scumbags that sneaked in with the mass of innocent people that were trying to flee a war zone.

There were reports that while a lot of the migrants were women and children a lot of the first waves were military aged males 18 to 24. The Danish woman who was gangraped and the rape was broadcast on social media till the police broke down the door and stopped it is just the latest crime committed in the aftermath of crisis.

There are a lot of new issues that now exist in Europe that didn't before. I work with a lot of people that are from Germany directly as immigrants or have family there. They are pretty disgusted with how Merkel has handled the migrant crisis.

dude, i am European and Merkel is a hero

I agree about getting rid of the status quo, I completely understand that desire.

You just chose the wrong guy to do so. It's one thing to want anti-establishment, it's another thing to just give give it over just because :shrug: all the signs were right in front of you.

Ill be honest BVS I come from a family with a military background. The Benghazi thing left a really bad taste in my mouth. Gaddafi was a monster just like Saddam but he was the monster keeping things in check. If the people wanted to overthrow him it should be the will of the people and we nor Europe should not have put our hats in the ring.

I find it a little funny that a few years before a lot of European nations were signing agreements with Gaddafi for oil exports.....Then a few years later they attack him.

Back to Trump. He seems to be keeping his promise of bringing back American jobs....But he has to think long term....What happens when companies say "Well we will just pay the taxes." ? Part of this is making it appealing for those companies to stay here. As far as border security? I would not have gone with a wall. More like enforce the laws on the books. Hire more border patrol and support them. Also put better technology on the border and more importantly stop trying to butter Mexico. Mexico's immigration policy is they catch you? Bye bye you go. So I find it a little silly that they are trying to guilt trip us.

My hope is that he has people in his staff that if he is making an error will stand up and say "Sir there are better ways to solve this."

dude, i am European and Merkel is a hero

And there are people that think Trump is great. See the point I am trying to make? Everyone's opinion is different about their leaders.

Obama opening up Cuba I think was great. The embargo is stupid and pointless at this point but.....Cuba is still far from perfect. They still practice Communist ideals but its better under Raul then it was Fidel.....But its still Communism.

No leader is perfect but they have to know when they **** up they have to fix it. Merkel flubbed the Syrian problem but she's been good in other ways.

What jobs is he bringing back? A few thousand maybe? Automation is going to wipe out the factory / line workers, and has been for a while.

That will not change. What are Trumps plans to deal with automation and a population that has been replaced by it? Better education to service or build the robots?

Mining, Oil, and other resources are limited. We can build pipelines, we can frack, but that isn't sustainable either.

I agree with upgrading our infrastructure. Our roads are bad, our transit systems are outdated. But like many GOPers.....how are we going to pay for it?

Trump has proven he only cares about himself, and his friends.

Ill be honest BVS I come from a family with a military background. The Benghazi thing left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Then you must be scared shitless that in under 2 weeks time he's already sent in a mission without listening to intel, with no backup that caused the death of a soldier. I am.
Back to Trump. He seems to be keeping his promise of bringing back American jobs....But he has to think long term....
Not really. He hasn't technically brought back anything, don't believe his or Breitbart's spin. What jobs has he actually brought back?

But you're right, his plan is only a short term one, and has no sustainability.

My hope is that he has people in his staff that if he is making an error will stand up and say "Sir there are better ways to solve this."
You mean Bannon who admits to wanting to destroy the state, or Tillerson who has vested interest in Russia, and somehow magically got a transparency law lifted on oil companies today? Good luck with that.

What jobs is he bringing back? A few thousand maybe? Automation is going to wipe out the factory / line workers, and has been for a while.

That will not change. What are Trumps plans to deal with automation and a population that has been replaced by it? Better education to service or build the robots?

Mining, Oil, and other resources are limited. We can build pipelines, we can frack, but that isn't sustainable either.

I agree with upgrading our infrastructure. Our roads are bad, our transit systems are outdated. But like many GOPers.....how are we going to pay for it?

Trump has proven he only cares about himself, and his friends.

Ironically I like Ireland's approach to energy. Oil, Natural gas, Hydro, Solar, heck even Nuclear. We went on vacation there a few years back and I loved their approach to energy.
Clinton said she would kill the coal industry during the election then she wonders why Coal states didn't vote for her?:huh:

Clean coal technology exists and we need to look at that too.

The elephant in the room is tax increases. Most politicians won't touch it because its a vote killer.....That being said if they cut more wasteful spending and put it towards infrastructure upgrades that would create jobs.

Fracking isn't a solution. You create a multi pronged approach to energy. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

On the robot thing part of it is the advancement of technology. The other part is for example and I know its an old example....The fast food industry. They want 15.00 an hour minimum? OK great well two problems with that 1. Higher wages price of product goes up. Also 2. If its cheaper to automate for the business to continue that is what they will do.
I don't agree with it but its how businesses operate.

We have Russell Stovers plant here in town. It is the only one that is non automated an they plan to keep it that way.

You will always need workers....You can't rely on strictly computers and robots.

If I were Trump I would focus on rebuilding America. Bring US jobs back. Create new ones. Invest in our infrastructure which would create more jobs. Expand energy to cover to gambit to get off of just oil.....But at the same time don't get rid of oil completely.

He's been in less than a month so its still early but I hope the man learns quick.

The time to give trump a chance long passed! He had his opportunity and blew it. No more chances for him. Soon he will start a war and is pissing off pretty much every country in the planet! He is giving the USA a huge black eye and it's only been less then 3 weeks. You expect us to give him a chance?? Anyone who thinks Donald will be good or he will change at this point is purely delusional! You are chasing a dream that you will never obtain under trump! The sooner you get this the better. Trump is like a cancer and it's spreading. The longer we wait the worst it will be.

Ironically I like Ireland's approach to energy. Oil, Natural gas, Hydro, Solar, heck even Nuclear. We went on vacation there a few years back and I loved their approach to energy.
Clinton said she would kill the coal industry during the election then she wonders why Coal states didn't vote for her?:huh:

Clean coal technology exists and we need to look at that too.

The elephant in the room is tax increases. Most politicians won't touch it because its a vote killer.....That being said if they cut more wasteful spending and put it towards infrastructure upgrades that would create jobs.

Fracking isn't a solution. You create a multi pronged approach to energy. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

On the robot thing part of it is the advancement of technology. The other part is for example and I know its an old example....The fast food industry. They want 15.00 an hour minimum? OK great well two problems with that 1. Higher wages price of product goes up. Also 2. If its cheaper to automate for the business to continue that is what they will do.
I don't agree with it but its how businesses operate.

We have Russell Stovers plant here in town. It is the only one that is non automated an they plan to keep it that way.

You will always need workers....You can't rely on strictly computers and robots.

If I were Trump I would focus on rebuilding America. Bring US jobs back. Create new ones. Invest in our infrastructure which would create more jobs. Expand energy to cover to gambit to get off of just oil.....But at the same time don't get rid of oil completely.

He's been in less than a month so its still early but I hope the man learns quick.
Yes, Ireland also have a great National Health Service.

Ilan Berman, vice president of the conservative American Foreign Policy Council think tank, reported that the White House turned off its recording equipment during President Donald Trump’s call with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

How ignorant do people have to be to not see what's happening?

Then you must be scared shitless that in under 2 weeks time he's already sent in a mission without listening to intel, with no backup that caused the death of a soldier. I am.

Not really. He hasn't technically brought back anything, don't believe his or Breitbart's spin. What jobs has he actually brought back?

But you're right, his plan is only a short term one, and has no sustainability.

You mean Bannon who admits to wanting to destroy the state, or Tillerson who has vested interest in Russia, and somehow magically got a transparency law lifted on oil companies today? Good luck with that.

Remember something Obama had poison pills in his administration too. Van Jones was one of them. As far as foreign policy goes Ill look into that one I haven't heard much about that mission.

We have had a history of going in half cocked without realizing the long term effects. It wasn't us but remember how Europe did their colonialism withdraw from Africa without at least trying to assist in independence? When you leave a system in place for so long and that is all they know and then you just change it without aiding the change disaster happens. Uganda, South Africa, Congo, etc etc. My mother grew up in Zambia which was one of the few which had a peaceful transition to independence.

The Middle East just like Africa has a tribal view of things. Shia doesn't like Sunni. Most of the wars in the middle east religion becomes a huge part of it was well as ideals. The destabilization of Iraq was moronic. Because quite simply you take out Saddam who kept the balance and who becomes the power broker in the region? Iran.

Libya was supposed to be an example of democracy following the civil war. Its become a hell hole and a haven for extremists. And what bothered me about Benghazi was they were left to die and then the administration tried to blame it on a video. Foreign policy failures have happened under both parties and as the son of a Vietnam vet it angers me greatly.

His cabinet I may be a fool to believe so but I think some will get weeded out. He did pick some good ones. Mathis confirmation was approved by Republican and Democrat alike. I believe only one Democrat voted against him.

Russia whether we like it or not we have to be on a level playing field with them. Everyone says don't open relations with Russia but we have to.

I'm not a politician just a young brain with 31 years on this earth....BUT! I do come from a melting pot of political ideas. If I could say anything to Trump it would be this. "The world is a mine field. You have to know which ones you can defuse and which ones you have to explode." His lack of politics is showing a lot. He needs to be more controlled in his actions. Get advice from both sides.

Oh and while the Republicans I shake my head at right now the Democrats like Chuck Schumer anger me to no end........They would rather divide more then find solutions. In my view drain the swamp should be on both sides. The left is fighting a war for its political soul as well as the Republicans.

I dunno man I don't have all the answers. We just have to do our best to keep the country straight. We don't agree on everything but we all have a part to play.

anyone understand the implications of this?

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20170202_33.aspx

Publication of Cyber-related General License
2/2/2017

Today, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) published Cyber-related General License (GL) 1, "Authorizing Certain Transactions with the Federal Security Service," pursuant to Executive Order 13694 of April 1, 2015, "Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities." GL 1 authorizes certain transactions with the Federal Security Service (a.k.a. FSB) that are necessary and ordinarily incident to requesting certain licenses and authorizations for the importation, distribution, or use of certain information technology products in the Russian Federation, as well as transactions necessary and ordinarily incident to comply with rules and regulations administered by, and certain actions or investigations involving, the FSB.

The time to give trump a chance long passed! He had his opportunity and blew it. No more chances for him. Soon he will start a war and is pissing off pretty much every country in the planet! He is giving the USA a huge black eye and it's only been less then 3 weeks. You expect us to give him a chance?? Anyone who thinks Donald will be good or he will change at this point is purely delusional! You are chasing a dream that you will never obtain under trump! The sooner you get this the better. Trump is like a cancer and it's spreading. The longer we wait the worst it will be.

Dabiggest you come across as more liberal thinking. I understand that but remember something else Obama's approach of appeasing people rather than approaching each situation differently made us look weak.

It's either someone who gives up too much or someone who gives too little.

Clinton would not have been any better. She had her alliances too. People she owed political favors too as well. Don't you think they would be quick to cash in on those favors once she was in?

You say he will start a war......Give me proof this is in the works? The previous administration started a brush fire in the middle east that has gotten out of control.

Do you remember some of the right when Obama got elected? OH MY GOD HE'S DOOMED US ALL! SKY IS FALLING SKY IS FALLING! That is what the left sounds like right now.

He's been in a little over half a month. Do you expect every world leader to solve the problems of their country in a month? It took Obama 2 terms to even get half there.

Welcome, by the way. I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, but I appreciate hearing your perspective. Thanks for coming in and offering thoughtful posts.

Welcome, by the way. I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, but I appreciate hearing your perspective. Thanks for coming in and offering thoughtful posts.

Cori you are very welcome.

Debate is what makes this country what it is and its a very important aspect of our country.
We can talk and have differing views without resorting to name calling and violence.

I may not agree with you and you may not agree with me but we do find common ground sometimes. :wave::hug:

You say he will start a war......Give me proof this is in the works? The previous administration started a brush fire in the middle east that has gotten out of control.

You didn't know about the SEAL mission, and you haven't heard about him threatening to "invade Mexico"?

He's already berated allies and he's put Iran on high alert. Don't kid yourself in thinking Clinton would have already pissed off this many allies, threatened allies, and started a tongue kissing relationship with Putin.

You didn't know about the SEAL mission, and you haven't heard about him threatening to "invade Mexico"?

He's already berated allies and he's put Iran on high alert. Don't kid yourself in thinking Clinton would have already pissed off this many allies, threatened allies, and started a tongue kissing relationship with Putin.

BVS did you miss the part where a Mexican official said Mexico would unleash the cartels on the US?

Mexico has a lot of negotiating chips in this matter, Fareed, but it also has measures we could take in other areas. For example, the drugs that come through Mexico from South America, or the drugs that are produced here in Mexico all go to the United States. This is not our problem. We have been cooperating with the United States for many years on these issues because they’ve asked us to and because we have a friendly, trustful relationship. If that relationship disappears, the reasons for cooperation also disappear.”

No Clinton would have done the damage behind the scenes. Trump again is not a politician so he just shoots off openly which is a little more concerning at moments.

As far as the news I get most of it online now. I about cancelled by cable because after the political grandstanding on both sides I wanted to slam my head through a wall. The Seal mission I've only heard about in the last 24 hours....Again I don't follow the news as much right now because honestly its depressing as a whole.

BVS did you miss the part where a Mexican official said Mexico would unleash the cartels on the US?

Mexico has a lot of negotiating chips in this matter, Fareed, but it also has measures we could take in other areas. For example, the drugs that come through Mexico from South America, or the drugs that are produced here in Mexico all go to the United States. This is not our problem. We have been cooperating with the United States for many years on these issues because they’ve asked us to and because we have a friendly, trustful relationship. If that relationship disappears, the reasons for cooperation also disappear.”
Former Mexican official. And not the same thing of threatening to invade.

No Clinton would have done the damage behind the scenes. Trump again is not a politician so he just shoots off openly which is a little more concerning at moments.
Frankly, I'm getting tired of this excuse. I'm not a politician, but I don't go around bullying everyone to get my way and throwing my power around like a hurt child.
As far as the news I get most of it online now. I about cancelled by cable because after the political grandstanding on both sides I wanted to slam my head through a wall. The Seal mission I've only heard about in the last 24 hours....Again I don't follow the news as much right now because honestly its depressing as a whole.
Well if Benghazi was a deal breaker for you, this should scare you.

No the crimes that have been committed by the scumbags that sneaked in with the mass of innocent people that were trying to flee a war zone.

There were reports that while a lot of the migrants were women and children a lot of the first waves were military aged males 18 to 24. The Danish woman who was gangraped and the rape was broadcast on social media till the police broke down the door and stopped it is just the latest crime committed in the aftermath of crisis.

There are a lot of new issues that now exist in Europe that didn't before. I work with a lot of people that are from Germany directly as immigrants or have family there. They are pretty disgusted with how Merkel has handled the migrant crisis.

I must have missed this memo...

I have many questions.
Obama missed a vital opportunity to ask the Muslim world for unity against the fanatics.....A BIG OPPORTUNITY! I've heard from many people about the moderate world and that the fanatics don't represent the majority of Muslims.....Well in order to take back your faith you have to fight for it. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to fix the problem
What does this mean? I hear it all the time and it makes very little sense to me, unless you are under the mistaken impression that the majority of the Muslim world is just fine with radicals. Why is it that we feel the need to exert such pressure on Muslims to go above and beyond what they are already doing to combat the extremism of a few?
Getting off base though and back to the discussion at hand. When I moved to CO I saw exactly how the extreme liberal thinking is. CO turned blue back in 2008 when Obama won. As far as policy goes whether it be energy etc etc there was and is no negotiation. A lot of people on the western side lost their jobs because of close minded thinking. This kind of thing was happening all over the country. The so called forgotten ones. The ones sick of the lecturing and the bull****. Trumps rise was not because of racists.....It was because of people looking for a change. The similarities to Carter/Reagan in 1980 are eerily similar. The left was too busy patting each other on the back all the while lecturing the rest of us. In reality the people that gave us President Trump was the PC crowd....8 years of safe spaces & one sided debate you get tired of it.
What does political correctness have to do with anything? What is it that you think political correctness is? What is this obsession with "safe spaces" that the right dwells on so much and you rarely ever hear about in practice from anyone on the left?
Trump won because of his stance of America first. We have to take care of our own interests first. Europe has shown what happens when you try to be sympathetic to the world.......Over time you lose your identity. I look at the issues of gang rape & vicious acts committed in the aftermath of the Syrian migrant crisis and I feel saddened. Europe instead of letting them in gradually just opened the gates and said "We are here for you!" That is all fine and dandy but that also gives the wolves in sheep clothing a chance to blend in with the innocent sheep which is sad......Very sad
Are you aware that "America first" is extremely similar to the rhetoric of the Nazi regime? That rampant nationalism-based xenophobia is always a precursor to something much darker than whatever you think is going to happen because of the acceptance of refugees?
I voted for Trump because just like Obama I believe in giving the unknown a chance. He's not a politician which is both good and bad. The truth is sometimes you need brutal honesty to snap you back to reality. We have a 17 trillion dollar credit card bill we are still paying down. If we don't your children and your children's children will be fitting the bill.
Why do you think the American economy is similar to a credit card bill? (It is very different.) And don't you think the bill the next generation will be footing in terms of environmental destruction because of Trump's stated and now real rollbacks of regulations is going to be the real problem longterm?
I voted for Trump....Begrudgingly I might add because while I don't like some things about him his message of fixing America was attractive to a lot of us in the middle. While Clinton on the other hand reeks of corruption. The DNC stole the nomination from Bernie Sanders because simply put he was not their choice. They chose the one person who had just as much baggage as Trump....The one person who could not beat him despite what everyone said. She is a Washington elitist who acts like a sincere person but in reality is a snake. If the experience is bad experience it doesn't make the person with the more experience the better choice.
I actually agree with all of this, aside from it being a good argument for Trump. This can all be true while also not being a convincing argument that Trump should have been president.
I gave Trump a chance.....But just like Obama if he doesn't do right by the American people I will vote him out in 2020......110% Politically on the constitution I am conservative but on social issues I tend to be more liberal. So far if you can weed through all the misinformation Trump is doing an OK job....Not perfect...As in the case of the Travel ban but OK. Give him a chance......If he screws up call him on it but don't spend the next four years screaming "Not my president." Wanting him to fail as someone so delicately put it is like being on a plane and wanting the pilot to crash.
Are you a white man? Based on this passage I suspect that you are.
You can slam me all you want for voting Trump but I ask you to look beyond the bubble and really ask yourself not why did Trump win? But why we lost?
Trump won for a multitude of reasons but the number one reason was the incompetence of Hillary Clinton, her campaign staff, and the Democratic Party.

Former Mexican official. And not the same thing of threatening to invade.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of this excuse. I'm not a politician, but I don't go around bullying everyone to get my way and throwing my power around like a hurt child.
Well if Benghazi was a deal breaker for you, this should scare you.

Benghazi wasn't the deal breaker but it helped. Why didn't the administration call it a terrorist attack from the get go?

OK so I read the transcript of what he said. It not only didn't include the Mexican presidents response what he is saying is "Take care of your problem or we will have to take steps." Yes that can be interpreted as what you called it but it could also mean putting troops on the border which is unnerving but also possible.

Remember something else. The Mexican govt is incredibly corrupt. The police are crooked as hell and a lot of the weapons from Mexican arsenals end up in the hands of the cartel. I urge you to look up a documentary called Cartel land.
https://youtu.be/xC5bpPfltOI

I'm waiting for a conference call right now, so only doing drive-by postings, but The Daily Mail and Telegraph are hardly reliable sources.

:wave:

I was begging for an outsider, non politician to become president.

I still think it's needed.

Unfortunately that's gone now, because we elected a failed businessman turned reality TV star under the pretense that he was "a successful businessman who would shake up the stats quo."

If you erase all of what he's said and done on the campaign, and what he's done so far in office, there still remains the undeniable fact that this man is a fraud; a confidence man. His business history is clear as day and available to everyone, yet somehow people still think that he's some sort of grand real estate mogul.

Donald Trump is a brand.

That's how he's been able to come back into the public eye; the perception of wealth. He doesn't even build anymore... He has somebody else build and enters into marketing agreements with them.

When he was a developer and casino magnate, he did horribly. He single handedly destroyed Atlantic City. He hasn't built a meaningful building in New York since the 80s.

It's all there. But nobody seemed to care.

It's unreal.

I was begging for an outsider, non politician to become president.

I still think it's needed.

Unfortunately that's gone now, because we elected a failed businessman turned reality TV star under the pretense that he was "a successful businessman who would shake up the stats quo."

If you erase all of what he's said and done on the campaign, and what he's done so far in office, there still remains the undeniable fact that this man is a fraud; a confidence man. His business history is clear as day and available to everyone, yet somehow people still think that he's some sort of grand real estate mogul.

Donald Trump is a brand.

That's how he's been able to come back into the public eye; the perception of wealth. He doesn't even build anymore... He has somebody else build and enters into marketing agreements with them.

When he was a developer and casino magnate, he did horribly. He single handedly destroyed Atlantic City. He hasn't built a meaningful building in New York since the 80s.

It's all there. But nobody seemed to care.

It's unreal.

But he's not political correct.

I think the biggest reason he was elected is that people want the house to burn down.

Benghazi wasn't the deal breaker but it helped. Why didn't the administration call it a terrorist attack from the get go?

OK so I read the transcript of what he said. It not only didn't include the Mexican presidents response what he is saying is "Take care of your problem or we will have to take steps." Yes that can be interpreted as what you called it but it could also mean putting troops on the border which is unnerving but also possible.

Remember something else. The Mexican govt is incredibly corrupt. The police are crooked as hell and a lot of the weapons from Mexican arsenals end up in the hands of the cartel. I urge you to look up a documentary called Cartel land.
https://youtu.be/xC5bpPfltOI

I haven't watched that documentary but i would bet that the majority of the arms in possession of the drug cartels in Mexico are exported from the US, at the end of the day there are no restrictions to selling any kind of guns here.

Evangelical Christian leader Jerry Falwell Jr. will head an education reform task force under U.S. President Donald Trump and is keen to cut university regulations, including rules on dealing with campus sexual assault, the school he heads said.

Falwell told the Associated Press he turned down an offer from Trump to become education secretary, in part because Falwell did not want to move his family to Washington.

This is a man who believes the Flintstones is a documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom