Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to start is right. You do understand that the fine gentleman you speak of that was going to talk at Berkley, is a white-supremacist, antisemitic, misogynistic, piece of shit that was banned from Twitter for serial harassment (not an easy task). He is rabidly anti-woman, anti-feminist and a leader of the "men's rights" movement.

This sort of bullshit is the problem with everything that is going on and went on during this election. One of my right wing friends asked me, "what is your biggest fear if Trump is elected?" The list was long, but number one was the normalization of hate, fear, racism, bigotry and misogyny.
And here you are defending this guy, like he's just a regular speaker coming to a campus to bandy about some fun ideas.

And p.s. - I dismissed pretty much everything you said after you claimed Benghazi was a factor in your vote. I'm sure you were completely torn up and disgusted by the 12 embassy attacks, killing 60 Americans under Bush's Sec. of States?
You were played like so many others. It was openly admitted by Republicans that they were using it as a tactic to bring down Clinton. They used the death of American's that were serving abroad for their own political ends, and you played right in. That should disgust any military family, not garner their support.

Just like your claims of Clinton being so corrupt, even though there is and was no evidence of that. Just another political swiftboating that was bought by both those on the right and left.

This election proved one thing. Americans are suckers for con-men, and we are reaping the years of reality TV, and celebrity worship, that keeps mega-church evangelists and car salesmen to continue lucrative careers

Or just use this recent Yemen operation as an example. It's been reported (FAKE NEWS) that the intel was old/insufficient and yet Trump signed off on it anyway, sending a SEAL to his death as well as civilians.

With Bengazi, the outrage was on the intel of a video tape, or wasn't a video tape. Or the lack of communication between the State and those in the field (STAND DOWN!)

So where is the outrage on the lack of preparedness on this administration? We lost an American life, when it sounds like it could have been avoided. We also killed innocent life, which again could have been avoided.

I wonder if there'll be dozens of investigations into this?

Or just use this recent Yemen operation as an example. It's been reported (FAKE NEWS) that the intel was old/insufficient and yet Trump signed off on it anyway, sending a SEAL to his death as well as civilians.

With Bengazi, the outrage was on the intel of a video tape, or wasn't a video tape. Or the lack of communication between the State and those in the field (STAND DOWN!)

So where is the outrage on the lack of preparedness on this administration? We lost an American life, when it sounds like it could have been avoided. We also killed innocent life, which again could have been avoided.

I wonder if there'll be dozens of investigations into this?

Oh they will be coming soon BEAL! Believe me! It's gonna be an incredible investigation, like you've never seen before. It will make your head spin. Big beautiful investigations.
Cause if I know DC Republicans, and I think i do, they only want one thing. And that is to find out the truth. To give families of the deceased and us, the American people, some piece of mind. :lol:

I asked this poster about this mission. Asked if he was as outraged at this as he was Benghazi. He hadn't even heard of it. The real news, Breitbart, somehow forgot to cover it. How can that be?! They haven't told him to be outraged yet, so all is good.

Maybe this is a "fake life"? This is all a simulation, and some programmer decided to change the code for "absolute disaster for society" as a test case?

I know there isn't any proof for this, but it certainly FEELS like it could be true.

Bill Mauer said it well, "The presidency is supposed to age the President, not us" We are going into week three correct? It feels like three years already

i can't decide whether we're in the Matrix or Back to the Future right now :hmm:

do you reckon Conway thinks if she says something repeatedly it must make it true? sign of a malignant narcissist if ever there was one

Are you talking about the passing along of debate questions? Yes, that was inexcusable.

Now what did that have to do with this post?

I'm not forgetting one thing. Read his tweet, and tell me you don't see the problem?

BVS the point I was trying to make is there is a favoritism more towards the left then the right.

Now that said not all the polling is that way but a lot of them already have a bias towards the GOP. CNN is the biggest one that comes to mind. That's all :hug:

do you reckon Conway thinks if she says something repeatedly it must make it true? sign of a malignant narcissist if ever there was one

I honestly don't know. She was basically a liar for the duration of his candidacy but the last few months she really ratcheted up the crazy.

She's married to an ultra-conservative high powered lawyer, these are people who have moved in like-minded social circles for a very long time so it's not like she's come to Jesus/Trumpian sort of thought recently.

I actually think that she believed she was done with all this once the election came around and then surprise! they won. That's when her vindictive pettiness kicked in and now she's basically behaving like a 3-year-old running around screaming "I told you so!!! Neener!"

Where to start is right. You do understand that the fine gentleman you speak of that was going to talk at Berkley, is a white-supremacist, antisemitic, misogynistic, piece of shit that was banned from Twitter for serial harassment (not an easy task). He is rabidly anti-woman, anti-feminist and a leader of the "men's rights" movement.

This sort of bullshit is the problem with everything that is going on and went on during this election. One of my right wing friends asked me, "what is your biggest fear if Trump is elected?" The list was long, but number one was the normalization of hate, fear, racism, bigotry and misogyny.
And here you are defending this guy, like he's just a regular speaker coming to a campus to bandy about some fun ideas.

And p.s. - I dismissed pretty much everything you said after you claimed Benghazi was a factor in your vote. I'm sure you were completely torn up and disgusted by the 12 embassy attacks, killing 60 Americans under Bush's Sec. of States?
You were played like so many others. It was openly admitted by Republicans that they were using it as a tactic to bring down Clinton. They used the death of American's that were serving abroad for their own political ends, and you played right in. That should disgust any military family, not garner their support.

Just like your claims of Clinton being so corrupt, even though there is and was no evidence of that. Just another political swiftboating that was bought by both those on the right and left.

This election proved one thing. Americans are suckers for con-men, and we are reaping the years of reality TV, and celebrity worship, that keeps mega-church evangelists and car salesmen to continue lucrative careers

I love how you say that I was played.....Ya know there was a Democrat at one point that escalated what was a simple training assignment into a full scale war. That president was LBJ and that war was Vietnam.

My father was sent over to fight a war that he shouldn't have had to.....Which was escalated by a damn Democrat.....And then escalated even further by a Republican. Both sides are scumbags. With Afghanistan we had to respond because we were directly attacked. Iraq should have never happened and the only people to have benefited from the toppling of Saddam has been Iran.

And for the record there was a minor difference between the example you just brought up with Bush and Benghazi. There were direct action elements that could have helped them. And the fact the administration rather than accept responsibility BLAMED IT ON A DAMN VIDEO NO ONE HAD SEEN! If Obama's admin had taken responsibility I would have admired the hell out of him for that but it's always someone else who is at fault.....Spare me.

The fact you would defend Clinton is where you lost me. You say how can you defend Trump? I'm not while you on the other hand seem content on defending someone who has a trail of crap trailing behind her almost as long as her husband.

Now on to Milo. So you are saying he's a white supremacist when he's Gay. Jewish & has a Black partner....Kind of unusual to call him a white supremacist don't you think? OH! And the points he is making about women, Islam etc is pointing out the hypocrisy of the left....Which btw what happened in CA a few days ago cemented those claims.

BVS the point I was trying to make is there is a favoritism more towards the left then the right.

Now that said not all the polling is that way but a lot of them already have a bias towards the GOP. CNN is the biggest one that comes to mind. That's all :hug:

We've been hearing this for decades and for the most part it's bullshit, and much more nuanced than this.

For example, science: the majority of people working in the media are educated people and aren't going to treat science the way the right does, therefore you are not going to get "favoritism" for candidates that say "I know a kid who got a vaccine and was autistic a few days later".

That being said, when all polling except one says the same thing your point is without merit and also doesn't really answer the point of my post, which is crybaby Trump isn't even questioning the source he's just saying that any negative polls are fake. If you don't see how this is an issue then you probably shouldn't be here.

I love how you say that I was played.....Ya know there was a Democrat at one point that escalated what was a simple training assignment into a full scale war. That president was LBJ and that war was Vietnam.

I must deflect, I must deflect... and then you do so with a president that was probably before their time. Good job :up:

We've been hearing this for decades and for the most part it's bullshit, and much more nuanced than this.

For example, science: the majority of people working in the media are educated people and aren't going to treat science the way the right does, therefore you are not going to get "favoritism" for candidates that say "I know a kid who got a vaccine and was autistic a few days later".

That being said, when all polling except one says the same thing your point is without merit and also doesn't really answer the point of my post, which is crybaby Trump isn't even questioning the source he's just saying that any negative polls are fake. If you don't see how this is an issue then you probably shouldn't be here.

I see the problem which is at some point you run out of people to blame and then it falls back all on you(Trump)

The media has lashed out at him a hell of a lot but then he's lashed out at them a hell of a lot so neither side really has a leg to stand on in regards to that.

I must deflect, I must deflect... and then you do so with a president that was probably before their time. Good job :up:

You keep saying I'm deflecting.....WHERE THE **** do you get that from genius?

My father nearly lost his damn life in a war that started out as a training mission to assist the South Vietnamese. Kennedy was going to pull troops from Vietnam and then he was assassinated and well the rest is history.

I'm sorry I don't read cryptic so why don't you say what the hell your trying to say so we can stop with the political circle jerk going on here.

This is precisely the reason I pulled away from the left. If the opinion voiced is on your side its positive but the second someone who has an opposite view comes along you ridicule and you try to stomp them into the ground. I pulled away from the Democrats because much like the Republicans there is a public facade and the one you don't see.....I gotta tell you despite what you say about the right you guys are just as hateful and bigoted sometimes.

Last edited:
Seriously. Memo to Trump supporters here:

Obama is no longer president. Hillary isn't president. LBJ, well...yeah.

Try actually addressing and discussing the things that Trump, who IS currently president, is doing, since you think he's so great and will somehow save this country, and leave those other people out of the "blame" conversation for a change, mmkay? Thanks.

Last edited:

My father was sent over to fight a war that he shouldn't have had to.....Which was escalated by a damn Democrat.....And then escalated even further by a Republican. Both sides are scumbags. With Afghanistan we had to respond because we were directly attacked. Iraq should have never happened and the only people to have benefited from the toppling of Saddam has been Iran.

And for the record there was a minor difference between the example you just brought up with Bush and Benghazi. There were direct action elements that could have helped them. And the fact the administration rather than accept responsibility BLAMED IT ON A DAMN VIDEO NO ONE HAD SEEN! If Obama's admin had taken responsibility I would have admired the hell out of him for that but it's always someone else who is at fault.....Spare me.

The fact you would defend Clinton is where you lost me. You say how can you defend Trump? I'm not while you on the other hand seem content on defending someone who has a trail of crap trailing behind her almost as long as her husband.

Now on to Milo. So you are saying he's a white supremacist when he's Gay. Jewish & has a Black partner....Kind of unusual to call him a white supremacist don't you think? OH! And the points he is making about women, Islam etc is pointing out the hypocrisy of the left....Which btw what happened in CA a few days ago cemented those claims.

Why is LBJ in this conversation? I wasn't alive back then, but I imagine I'd have been one of those damn hippies protesting the war, as I as protesting the second war in Iraq. So if your point is we are mindlessly partisan, that would be a big no.

Obama wasn't a perfect president, and was more hawkish than I'd like, as was Hilary. And yet, they are still infinitely better than the idiots in the White House right now.

Why is LBJ in this conversation? I wasn't alive back then, but I imagine I'd have been one of those damn hippies protesting the war, as I as protesting the second war in Iraq. So if your point is we are mindlessly partisan, that would be a big no.

Obama wasn't a perfect president, and was more hawkish than I'd like, as was Hilary. And yet, they are still infinitely better than the idiots in the White House right now.

Come on now don't insult the idiots by comparing trump to them. That's uncalled for.

Seriously. Memo to Trump supporters here:

Obama is no longer president. Hillary isn't president. LBJ, well...yeah.

Try actually addressing and discussing the things that Trump, who IS currently president, is doing, since you think he's so great and will somehow save this country, and leave those other people out of the "blame" conversation for a change, mmkay? Thanks.

Why? Because it goes against the argument you present?

You wanna know why I voted for Trump? Simple he wasn't Hillary Clinton.....Very few politicians do I hate more then Hillary Rodham Clinton.....And its because she is a vile person. Trump isn't a peach but some of his policies lined up with mine and I'm giving him a chance. I really don't care what the left believes you were never going to vote for him anyway....
I stated it earlier in this discussion but if you want to know why Trump turned states like PA and Wisconsin well maybe you need to look at the things you did which turned off a lot of independents like myself.

And slamming people because they stayed home? When someone decides neither option is not viable that is a step above a lot of other people who blindly vote for the party ticket.

I see the problem which is at some point you run out of people to blame and then it falls back all on you(Trump)

The media has lashed out at him a hell of a lot but then he's lashed out at them a hell of a lot so neither side really has a leg to stand on in regards to that.

Ummmmm, no

LBJ was brought up because quite simply the left likes to portray him as something he's not.....The man escalated the war in Vietnam and despite pushing for civil rights the man was an incredible racist.

The point I am trying to make is for eight years the Left attacked conservatives and in a lot of cases Libertarians for not siding with Obama's agenda. You know how many times I've been called racist because I didn't side with Obama's agenda? AND I VOTED FOR THE MAN IN 2008!

Right now with Trump I am seeing his stumble in some ways but be presidential in others. It's too early to tell what we'll end up with but the left already has made up their minds.

We do agree on one thing though Trump's people are putting their foots in their mouths way too damn much which is a sign of inexperience but again I want to wait before my final opinion.

Why? Because it goes against the argument you present?

No, because we need to talk about the president we have instead of the ones we don't. That's kind of the point here.

You wanna know why I voted for Trump? Simple he wasn't Hillary Clinton.....Very few politicians do I hate more then Hillary Rodham Clinton.....And its because she is a vile person.

But a guy who brags about grabbing women without their consent, has had multiple affairs and has been accused of harassing women (and possibly worse), who mocks the disabled, who stereotyped Mexicans as rapists and druggies, to name but a few of his oh-so-charming behaviors, isn't?

Trump isn't a peach

Yeah, that's putting it extremely mildly.

but some of his policies lined up with mine and I'm giving him a chance. I really don't care what the left believes you were never going to vote for him anyway....

...you...DO know it isn't JUST "the left" that has a problem with Trump, right? There are Republicans/conservatives out there who can't stand him, either. There's a couple of them who've been regularly posting in this very thread, even!

Or do you think people like Dick Cheney, who openly criticized Trump's Muslim ban, and the conservative, Bush Jr. supported judge who struck it down, are liberal hippies all of a sudden?

And no, you're right, I wasn't going to vote for Trump, because he's an asshole who has zero understanding of this rather important position (political experience of some sort is kind of massively important to me when it comes to electing a president, but hey, apparently I'm just weird like that), and his policies are full of total shit. Yes, I lean to the left, but you don't need to be left-leaning to see that. It should've been apparent to anyone who was paying even one iota of attention.

I stated it earlier in this discussion but if you want to know why Trump turned states like PA and Wisconsin well maybe you need to look at the things you did which turned off a lot of independents like myself.

Yeah, blah, blah, "middle America", working class, etc.. As I have told the other Trump supporters here, I live in middle America. Iowa, to be exact. I am working class. VERY working class. That argument is full of holes, sorry. I don't disagree that their concerns deserve to be heard, but anyone in this part of the country who honestly believes Trump is going to be their economic savior is hopelessly naive at best. Just because he visits this part of the country doesn't mean he actually gives a shit about the people who live here, or understands what they're going through.

And slamming people because they stayed home? When someone decides neither option is not viable that is a step above a lot of other people who blindly vote for the party ticket.

No, sorry, I cannot agree with that. If you're tired of the status quo, NOT doing anything doesn't do shit to solve it. I find it incredibly hard to believe there wasn't a single candidate out there that those who stayed home couldn't have agreed with, if only on one issue, enough to put down a vote for them. Their not going out to vote is part of why we're in the mess we're in. Apathy doesn't achieve a single thing.

Last edited:
Giving trump a chance is like giving your body a chance to fight a growing cancer without any drugs! It will not end well!

See? Again you have made up yer mind already. Would you be advocating for the right and and the independents to give Hillary a chance if she had won?

The progressives and the establishment Left would be screaming insults left and right if those on the other side didn't go with her agenda.

You keep saying I'm deflecting.....WHERE THE **** do you get that from genius?

My father nearly lost his damn life in a war that started out as a training mission to assist the South Vietnamese. Kennedy was going to pull troops from Vietnam and then he was assassinated and well the rest is history.

I'm sorry I don't read cryptic so why don't you say what the hell your trying to say so we can stop with the political circle jerk going on here.

This is precisely the reason I pulled away from the left. If the opinion voiced is on your side its positive but the second someone who has an opposite view comes along you ridicule and you try to stomp them into the ground. I pulled away from the Democrats because much like the Republicans there is a public facade and the one you don't see.....I gotta tell you despite what you say about the right you guys are just as hateful and bigoted sometimes.

You pulled away from the left because they called you out on not answering questions? And that makes me a bigot? Wow

You deflect by constantly bringing something up that's not relevant to the question at hand. LBJ has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

God your ignorance is astounding.

Please, list the trail of crap behind Hillary. I would love to see actual, factual, legitimate points that you have. Must be easy to find, since they are in such abundance.
We can start by dismissing the sham that is Benghazi and any email talk, cause anyone with half a brain knows that's shit. So please, I'd love to see. it.

Speaking of Benghazi, Guess what? There WAS a video that was causing widespread demonstrations in Benghzi that night, so that first day, in a private email to her daughter, Clinton initially thought that the video was the catalyst for the attack.
A day later she stood next to President Obama in the Rose Garden as he called it a terrorist attack.
You probably also thing there was a "stand down" order. Which has also been proven false long ago.
Just the fact that you cling to that misinformation shows that you have no open-minded search for actual facts. You buy into whatever the right wing is selling it seems.

No comment on them openly admitting it was to take down Clinton? That is had 5 times more hearings than freaking 9/11? No? huh.
Odd that you then take all anti-Clinton smear as God's truth, yet you conveniently forget that Republican Congress was asked for additional funding for Benghazi security months before the attack and they voted it down. Yet... crickets...

And since you have probably never been on Twitter and enjoyed the company of young Milo and his hundreds of thousands of monstrous followers like I have, than you come up with more excuses for him.
He actually identifies as Catholic, wrote for a Catholic paper, and pulls out the Jew card (His Grandmother was Jewish) when his rabid anti-Semitic and neo-nazi supporters get a little too out of hand harassing people, posting Jewish journalists personal info on Twitter and putting their pictures in a burning oven - you know, cute stuff like that.
He was in fact banned from twitter for organizing the harassment of of a black woman. So there's that.
And just because he (as he puts it) "loves black dick" in no way means he is not a white supremacist. Plenty of slave owners loved being with black women. That's like saying - I'm not racist!! I have black friends!
He fancies himself a new, young Ann Coulter type. Remember, Ann says women shouldn't be allowed to vote. Yet she's a women. Funny how that works. These people are sick.

Man, at the very least you can admit it isn't cool to support a piece of human garbage like this.

Oddly through all this, you still can't admit that what Trump did in Yemen is absolute negligence that got an American soldier killed.
Unbelievable.

Last edited:
See? Again you have made up yer mind already. Would you be advocating for the right and and the independents to give Hillary a chance if she had won?

The progressives and the establishment Left would be screaming insults left and right if those on the other side didn't go with her agenda.
Because Hillary doesn't have a history of being a bigot, a racist and is not a loose canon. I see trump for what he is regardless of what way I lean! If you don't understand that trump is a dangerous moron picking fights with anyone who disagrees with him and throwing Twitter tantrums and pissing off just about every country out there, then you have a problem. Hillary may not have been a perfect president but considering the alternative (trump) she would have been a much safer choice! As I've stated before, trump had the opportunity to be given a chance long ago and he blew it. Can you honestly say you've ever seen a president behave the way trump is behaving? How this doesn't even remotely scare you is beyond me!

Last edited:
No, because we need to talk about the president we have instead of the ones we don't. That's kind of the point here.

But a guy who brags about grabbing women without their consent, has had multiple affairs and has been accused of harassing women (and possibly worse), who mocks the disabled, who stereotyped Mexicans as rapists and druggies, to name but a few of his oh-so-charming behaviors, isn't?

Yeah, that's putting it extremely mildly.

Clinton laughed about getting a rapist off the hook. She made numerous gaffs while first Lady and when she was running in 2008 for the nomination had to backtrack a lot of what she said. Obama was very cool and collected on that stage and he turned her into a frothing mess on at least a couple of occasions during those debates for the nomination. Trump is not perfect. Clinton isn't perfect....None of them are. They all have skeletons in the closet. I am just curious the longer Trump is in if any will make it to the surface beyond petty stuff.

...you...DO know it isn't JUST "the left" that has a problem with Trump, right? There are Republicans/conservatives out there who can't stand him, either. There's a couple of them who've been regularly posting in this very thread, even!

Or do you think people like Dick Cheney, who openly criticized Trump's Muslim ban, and the conservative, Bush Jr. appointed judge who struck it down, are liberal hippies all of a sudden?

And no, you're right, I wasn't going to vote for Trump, because he's an asshole who has zero understanding of this rather important position (political experience of some sort is kind of massively important to me when it comes to electing a president, but hey, apparently I'm just weird like that), and his policies are full of total shit. Yes, I lean to the left, but you don't need to be left-leaning to see that. It should've been apparent to anyone who was paying even one iota of attention.

Lets see you mention Dick Cheney.....I think he should be in jail so that is not much of an example. Trump scares the establishment because he is not a fit into their mindset. Despite what you might think most politicians think about two things. 1.Getting elected 2.Getting reelected. There was a Democratic Congressman by the name of Charlie Wilson who despite his reputation kept getting reelected because he held up what his constituents wanted. Establishment politicians want the train to keep rolling with no waves. Trump scares them because he doesn't follow that narrative.

Yeah, blah, blah, "middle America", working class, etc.. I live in middle America. Iowa, to be exact. I am working class. VERY working class. That argument is full of holes, sorry.
I grew up in North Texas and now live on the Western Slope of CO near the Utah border which is mostly Farming........This whole side of the state voted Trump.

No, sorry, I cannot agree with that. If you're tired of the status quo, NOT doing anything doesn't do shit to solve it. I find it incredibly hard to believe there wasn't a single candidate out there that those who stayed home couldn't have agreed with, if only on one issue. Their not going out to vote is part of why we're in the mess we're in. Apathy doesn't achieve a single thing.

Actually I had strongly considered Gary Johnson for quite some time and I was and still am a fan of Ron & Rand Paul.

Because Hillary doesn't have a history of being a bigot, a racist and is not a loose canon. I see trump for what he is regardless of what way I lean! If you don't understand that trump is a dangerous moron picking fights with anyone who disagrees with him and throwing Twitter tantrums and pissing off just about every country out there, than you have a problem. Hillary may not have been a perfect president but considering the alternative (trump) she would have been a much safer choice! As I've stated before, trump had the opportunity to be given a chance long ago and he blew it. Can you honestly say you've ever seen a president behave the way trump is behaving? How this doesn't even remotely scare you is beyond me!

Actually yes but not so open about it....Bill Clinton. The man is a sexual predator but because he presided over a good time in the nation people forget about it for the most part.

Trumps mouth is one of the biggest things I don't like about him. People also have a tendency to forget Trump was a Democrat long before he became a Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom