Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as president though. The negative pressure clearly is driving him mad.

i disagree.

i think he's reacting exactly how he reacted during the campaign. i don't see a change whatsoever.

one can still make an argument that he's mentally not well, but i don't see him as "snapping" at the pressure of the presidency. i see him acting exactly the same way he did on the campaign trail, only now with much greater ramifications for the rest of us.

Agreed.
He also was a raging lunatic before becoming POTUS.
Chances are he will also be a raging lunatic after his term as POTUS.

Lol ofcourse it's fake news! Only positive polls are real news!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

Yeah, he just likes the power and fame that comes with being president. He sure as hell doesn't seem interested in actually doing or understanding all the work that comes with it.

No, no, no, this is about getting people in those coal mines, it's about jobs, it's about law and order.

He doesn't care about his approval numbers, crowd sizes, or if SNL is making fun of him, it was Obama that said 'I' too many times.

This isn't about making deals for his billionaire friends, the white nationalist agenda of the man he owes for getting him in the White House, or the power and prestige of the office, Hillary was the corrupt one, she had emails and triangles.

You're just falling for the fake news, twitter is the only reality we need to know.

What really fucking disappoints me about people like Oregoropa is I really thought they had actual principles. I really thought these conservatives were, even if I didn't agree with them, still just that: conservatives.

I may not have agreed with David Cameron, but I think he epitomised what a modern conservative should be: humble, willing to admit when he was wrong, open to new ideas: "I don't support gay marriage in spite of being a conservative, I support gay marriage because I am a conservative".

But so many of them have shown themselves for what they really are: nationalist populists who have a flimsy excuse ready when they're asked if, and why, they support Trump's actions and quotes.

I am very obviously a bleeding heart leftie, but I always did have a begrudging respect for conservatives who were principled. Not prone to or moved by childish hype. At least they are true to themselves.

But nearly every single one of them is now just a Trump echo, acting like schoolgirls when a cute new boy starts at school, falling over themselves to praise Trump, to use his phrases.

I thought you guys had your principles. It's really fucking sad to learn that's not the case. You all put up a facade and as soon as Trump came along we learned who you really are. :down:

On lunch break so I will gladly respond to this one later. :hyper::lol:

oh hey there...

Kellyanne Conway Said "Bowling Green Massacre" in Another Interview

C3_d9SCWIAEqkl8.jpg:large

so about that whole "she just mispoke" or "missed a word" thing...

You do realize that one of the first things that came out of the DNC leaks courtesy of wikileaks was the fact that the media was colluding with the DNC right? :huh:

I'm not saying all of them but you seem to forget that little tidbit.

Are you talking about the passing along of debate questions? Yes, that was inexcusable.

Now what did that have to do with this post?

I'm not forgetting one thing. Read his tweet, and tell me you don't see the problem?

They're just breathing fake air. Our air is great. The greatest. People will get sick of how great our air is ;)

literally. get sick

You do realize that one of the first things that came out of the DNC leaks courtesy of wikileaks was the fact that the media was colluding with the DNC right? :huh:

I'm not saying all of them but you seem to forget that little tidbit.
The media were not colluding with the DNC, at least not in the way you are saying.

I wonder if our resident trumpsters will still defend trump when they can no longer enjoy clean air, are getting cancer from polluted drinking water, are staring down the barrel of China when trump starts a war, etc etc. My bet is they will still defend him! The cancer they will get, the war with China etc etc will all be "fake news".

I'm waiting for Oregoropa to explain the Kellyanne Conway massacre x2 thing since he was insisting that she be given the benefit of the doubt and I believe said he'd condemn her if it became a repeat offence.

Would also be nice if bloodysunday admitted that he was ignorant about the "liberal judge" stacked by Obama who defied the executive order.

But we shouldn't hold our breath.

Maybe this is a "fake life"? This is all a simulation, and some programmer decided to change the code for "absolute disaster for society" as a test case?

I know there isn't any proof for this, but it certainly FEELS like it could be true.

Bill Mauer said it well, "The presidency is supposed to age the President, not us" We are going into week three correct? It feels like three years already

I'm waiting for Oregoropa to explain the Kellyanne Conway massacre x2 thing since he was insisting that she be given the benefit of the doubt and I believe said he'd condemn her if it became a repeat offence.

Would also be nice if bloodysunday admitted that he was ignorant about the "liberal judge" stacked by Obama who defied the executive order.

But we shouldn't hold our breath.
We're making mountains out of molehills is the response, I'm sure.

That you cant discuss anything without being labelled a racist, a bigot, etc etc. I got into a discussion with a known liberal talk show host by the name of Bill Press over gun control a few years ago. I supported background checks but I was explaining actual facts to him in a respectful way. When he couldn't come up with a sophisticated response he shouted get off the phone loser and hung up on me. On college campuses it seems to be a growing trend you cannot have a civil discussion/debate without it being degraded to yelling and name calling. A lot of people get angry when you cannot have a spirited debate with someone and a blending of ideas without someone turning into racism or some other label in order to shut the other side down. Remember when I said it felt like we were being lectured to every time the president didn't get his way? It felt like that. That is my definition of so called political correctness. College campuses are getting more and more heated over today's topics. We have to get past labels on both sides to find common ground. Explain to me how threatening to kill physically harming a man who was speaking at Berkeley because he wants to express his concerns about Sharia law and its anti gay anti woman views? Destroying property because they want attention? I am involved in 2nd amendment advocate on a local level and when you have a state legislator telling a rape victim you should have used a whistle instead of wanting to have a gun to defend herself.....That screams arrogance and trying to be PC to defend her stance. The idea of safe space you may be right it gets more coverage then what is reality but the concept is idiotic.

Where to start is right. You do understand that the fine gentleman you speak of that was going to talk at Berkley, is a white-supremacist, antisemitic, misogynistic, piece of shit that was banned from Twitter for serial harassment (not an easy task). He is rabidly anti-woman, anti-feminist and a leader of the "men's rights" movement.

This sort of bullshit is the problem with everything that is going on and went on during this election. One of my right wing friends asked me, "what is your biggest fear if Trump is elected?" The list was long, but number one was the normalization of hate, fear, racism, bigotry and misogyny.
And here you are defending this guy, like he's just a regular speaker coming to a campus to bandy about some fun ideas.

And p.s. - I dismissed pretty much everything you said after you claimed Benghazi was a factor in your vote. I'm sure you were completely torn up and disgusted by the 12 embassy attacks, killing 60 Americans under Bush's Sec. of States?
You were played like so many others. It was openly admitted by Republicans that they were using it as a tactic to bring down Clinton. They used the death of American's that were serving abroad for their own political ends, and you played right in. That should disgust any military family, not garner their support.

Just like your claims of Clinton being so corrupt, even though there is and was no evidence of that. Just another political swiftboating that was bought by both those on the right and left.

This election proved one thing. Americans are suckers for con-men, and we are reaping the years of reality TV, and celebrity worship, that keeps mega-church evangelists and car salesmen to continue lucrative careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom