Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WE are not in it together. You white, straight, Christian men maybe are.

So in the first sentence of your post you are already being racist? Funny I seem to be in the minority here but I don't see skin color. We are all good people discussing a subject.....You seem to be the one bringing race into it.

Since we are on a music board I cant help but think of another song from a band I love and the lyrics go quite well here.

I am no better and neither are you
We are the same whatever we do
You love me you hate me you know me and then
You can't figure out the bag I'm in
You can't make an argument against PC by saying that you can't say anything without being labeled a racist and then turn around and label this racist.

That's not how this works.

You can't make an argument against PC by saying that you can't say anything without being labeled a racist and then turn around and label this racist.

That's not how this works.

Headache the point I was trying to make was how can you have a honest to God discussion about current events without someone bringing race into it? It seems to be a fallback point in a lot of ways when someone on the left who I am talking to says "Well your white you don't understand." The hell does my skin color have to do with anything? I'm a human being arent I?

I'm a white, straight, christian man? You don't know a single ****ing thing about me....Yet some of you were quick to put a label on me to justify your opinion of me.

In my experience the opposite side bringing race into it is a pretty common tactic to invalidate my side of view. Doesn't make it justified.

Ummm, yea. She's not on her own.

Actually 90% of Americans support better gun regulations.

Bull**** If that was the case the push would have succeeded in 2013. But it didn't and no it was not the NRA it was people like me making our voices heard.

And I hear that number a lot.....What poll did you get that from? Because there is probably a poll that says 50% of Americans believe a dog can walk backwards while scratching it's own ass. That doesn't make it correct.

A lot of polling is manipulated on both sides to justify their argument at the time.

Bull**** If that was the case the push would have succeeded in 2013. But it didn't and no it was not the NRA it was people like me making our voices heard.

And I hear that number a lot.....What poll did you get that from? Because there is probably a poll that says 50% of Americans believe a dog can walk backwards while scratching it's own ass. That doesn't make it correct.

A lot of polling is manipulated on both sides to justify their argument at the time.
Specifically in regards to background checks, there are about a dozen different polls by a number of different polling companies that back this up.

Feel free to google it.

Specifically in regards to background checks, there are about a dozen different polls by a number of different polling companies that back this up.

Feel free to google it.

OK we agree.

Background checks there is a lot of favorable feeling towards and I am included in that bunch. I referenced no fly no buy. Two things though 1.Reform the no fly list(Its extremely screwed up) 2.Allow an appeal process....We have a right to due process and it should be extended to that.

OK we agree.

Background checks there is a lot of favorable feeling towards and I am included in that bunch. I referenced no fly no buy. Two things though 1.Reform the no fly list(Its extremely screwed up) 2.Allow an appeal process....We have a right to due process and it should be extended to that.
And why do you think these things haven't happened? Considering as you don't want to blame the NRA and all...

Let's revisit Trump. The outside candidate who took down 16 GOP candidates. Hillary Clinton and the DNC machine with a billion dollar warchest.

Trump is a masterful negotiator who views negotiation for what it is . Its about Power, Projection, and is an artform.

Like when he negotiated the USFL out of business, or when he negotiated Atlantic City out of business?

Which one of these masterful artstrokes is he currently using?

My takeaway from today is that Trump knows exactly what he is doing. He knows right where to apply pressure to weaknesses in negotiation.

If I went to a business partner and started pushing them around, I'd be fired.

If I mocked and laughed at my employees, I'd be fired, and probably sued.

But alas, let's get to why we're really here... and the one point here that was glossed over in am admittedly busier day in FYM than we've seen in a while.

Chuck Schumer is trying to jockey as the leader of the resistance. Notoriously vicious from making fun of tourists in the Capitol (just yesterday) to calling a flight attendant a bitch in front of the masses, he has set himself up as the perfect Arch-Nemesis to Trump. He looks out of central casting as cartoonish batman villain, and funnily is the perfect caricature of big-government resistance to Populist reform. His affinity for the camera tees him up to get slammed by Trump daily.

He looks out of central casting as cartoonish batman villain, and funnily is the perfect caricature of big-government resistance to Populist reform.

central casting as cartoonish batman villain

I would love for you to did deeper on this one for me.

How, so, does Chuck Schumer look like he's out or central casting as a villain? Be more descriptive and specific. We'd love to hear why you think that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Headache the point I was trying to make was how can you have a honest to God discussion about current events without someone bringing race into it? It seems to be a fallback point in a lot of ways when someone on the left who I am talking to says "Well your white you don't understand." The hell does my skin color have to do with anything? I'm a human being arent I?

I'm a white, straight, christian man? You don't know a single ****ing thing about me....Yet some of you were quick to put a label on me to justify your opinion of me.

In my experience the opposite side bringing race into it is a pretty common tactic to invalidate my side of view. Doesn't make it justified.

I'm guessing you were equally as disturbed when Trump said the judge couldn't do his job because of his race, or that Jeb couldn't be strong on immigration because of his wife's race?

The fact that you still don't get her post is a big problem.

I don't assume I have full grasp on the experiences of others. I am a human being, sure, but I don't know what it's like to be a woman, or black, or gay, or atheist, or a refugee. I can assume, but my assumptions won't do anyone any good, so I embrace my ignorance and use it as an excuse to learn about people instead of disregarding differences altogether. No, not everyone has the same set of experiences or is equally qualified to make judgments about certain groups of people.

Last edited:
I don't assume I have full grasp on the experiences of others. I am a human being, sure, but I don't know what it's like to be a woman, or black, or gay, or atheist, or a refugee. I can assume, but my assumptions won't do anyone any good, so I embrace my ignorance and use it as an excuse to learn about people instead of disregarding differences altogether. No, not everyone has the same set of experiences or is equally qualified to make judgments about certain groups of people.

:up:

So I could say the same exact thing about gun control. So you want to ban guns because there is a potential that among all the law abiding people there could be a crazy who turns the gun on innocent people. I love Europeans trying to justify gun control to Americans.....

Sure, you could say that. Only difference is that you talk about the right to your gun (in a country with the highest gun violence rate in Western society) and I talk about the right of safety for refugees.

If you can pass judgement on Merkel and the EU than I can have an opinion on US gun laws. At least I have numbers on my side that lack of US gun law is a farce, while the EU is still not the political and economic disaster you would liken it to be.

Sure, you could say that. Only difference is that you talk about the right to your gun (in a country with the highest gun violence rate in Western society) and I talk about the right of safety for refugees.

If you can pass judgement on Merkel and the EU than I can have an opinion on US gun laws. At least I have numbers on my side that lack of US gun law is a farce, while the EU is still not the political and economic disaster you would liken it to be.

:heart:

It astounds me that people will prioritize their fixation with owning a gun over the lives of children.

Because that is the choice that is being made.

We MUST have our guns! 2 dozen dead 6-year-olds in an hour is a fair price to pay. (Plus the thousands of others.). At least be honest about your set of priorities.

So Spicer just lied about Iran attacking a US battleship. I guess they're trying to provoke that first war before his 30 day mark.

Way to go Trumpets :up:

I think it's fairly obvious the Trump Admin is gearing up for a war with Iran.
How will that sit with the public after the Iraq disaster? I guess it will be framed as a war against ISIS (see Trumps Paris tweet).
Iran is also a totally different military opposition, much much stronger and there would be many more US casualties.

Even the best of us screw up when speaking extemporaneously. Remember when Obama said we had 57 states? Or when he pronounced Navy Corpsman as Corpse-Man twice in a teleprompter speech? (That was rough)

Not gonna post the videos, as long as you trust me they exist.

You can't possibly be this disingenuous.

Wow.

Even the best of us screw up when speaking extemporaneously. Remember when Obama said we had 57 states? Or when he pronounced Navy Corpsman as Corpse-Man twice in a teleprompter speech? (That was rough)

Not gonna post the videos, as long as you trust me they exist.

You think this is the same?

Ha. Corpse-Man, is denigrating to actually Corpsman, the Navy, Veterans. You hold up Obama as the beacon of high intellect compared to the cheeto monster. One of Obama's worst moments.

If anything KAC's gaffe is drawing attention to the fact that there were those from a now restricted country that planned to do us harm.

Salome - Video doesn't lie. I can post the Obama videos if you keep calling me a liar.

Ha. Corpse-Man, is denigrating to actually Corpsman, the Navy, Veterans. You hold up Obama as the beacon of high intellect compared to the cheeto monster. One of Obama's worst moments.

If anything KAC's gaffe is drawing attention to the fact that there were those from a now restricted country that planned to do us harm.

Salome - Video doesn't lie. I can post the Obama videos if you keep calling me a liar.

Are you fucking drunk?

Mispronouncing a word vs making up a lie

In the world of "alternative facts" I guess that's a fair comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom