Trump General Discussion VI - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2017, 06:42 PM   #136
War Child

Local Time: 07:41 AM
Rolling back penalties for not having health insurance which was part of Obamacare.

Leaving policies in place put in by Obama to protect the LGBT community
Appointing GENERAL MATHIS to Sec of Defense.

An order instructing agencies that whenever they introduce a regulation, they must first abolish two others. (There are a lot of regulations which are ill thought and idiotic)

An order to lengthen the ban on administration officials working as lobbyists. There is now a 5 year-ban on officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government, and a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

He needs to stop being so thin skinned I agree with you

Old 02-02-2017, 06:44 PM   #137
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
What? The Democrats are essentially rolling over for Trump - or at the very least being accommodating.

Trump only wants to do what's right for himself and himself only.
O really?

Democrats Vow Resistance to Neil Gorsuch, Trump's Supreme Court Pick - NBC News

They are calling a stolen seat when Democrats in the past have done the same exact frigging thing during election season.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #138
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
It's not about anyone wanting you to agree with them. It's just poor debating, and it's tiresome.

When I go shopping for a car I want to hear about THIS car, not what the other cars can't do, or where the other cars underwhelm.

Deflection is a sign of not feeling confident in your choice. We've heard all about Obama and Hillary, they are no longer president or running for president. The ONLY time you can bring up Obama or Hillary is if there is an apples to apples comparison and you know with certainty that I or one of us let that issue slide and we didn't with Trump. If you see someone being hypocritical, then it's ok to bring up the past. If not you're just trying not to answer the real question.

The man has been in office less than a month what would you like me to say? He's done some things I think are good and some are bad. Get back to me with the same question once he's been in a little while.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #139
War Child

Quote:
Federal funds for a wall you mean it's just been sitting there all this time? Why hasn't anyone built this motherfucker yet then?!
They have funds in place for border security as well as other funding as part of the federal budget....Is the wall not part of border security?
Old 02-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #140
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
They have funds in place for border security as well as other funding as part of the federal budget....Is the wall not part of border security?

Do you have any idea how much the wall will take to build?!
Old 02-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #141
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Rolling back penalties for not having health insurance which was part of Obamacare.

Leaving policies in place put in by Obama to protect the LGBT community
Appointing GENERAL MATHIS to Sec of Defense.

An order instructing agencies that whenever they introduce a regulation, they must first abolish two others. (There are a lot of regulations which are ill thought and idiotic)

An order to lengthen the ban on administration officials working as lobbyists. There is now a 5 year-ban on officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government, and a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

He needs to stop being so thin skinned I agree with you
1) Fair enough, though the penalties exist for any other kind of no-brainer insurance. Otherwise, people will just continue to go around uninsured and when there's something life-threatening that comes up, it'll be on them, now, I guess. Too bad we don't have a better system.

2) So you mean not doing anything? Don't give him credit for something Obama did, come on.

3) I'd be OK with this if he hadn't broken the rules in order to do it. Or had the rules broken for him, but so much for those checks and balances, right?

3) Don't you think this is a little simple? Like...this is one of those things that sounds obvious on paper, but then it's put into action and suddenly you realize that, hey, these regulations exist for a reason and now I just have to delete two of them? EVERY TIME?

4) We're in agreement on this one. But I want to go further and get rid of the lobbying altogether. Publically funded elections are what this country needs. Not a guy who shoots off his mouth when he feels like it.

5) He needs to grow up is more like it. Still can't believe a grown child is now the president. Absurd.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Again, where are you getting the idea that we're sitting on tens of billions of dollars....Now it just sounds like you're assuming something you want to be true.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:55 PM   #143
War Child

Quote:
Do you have any idea how much the wall will take to build?!
Do you?

BVS I've said repeatedly I think the wall is the wrong approach. I didn't vote for Trump based on the wall. I still think its not the best approach and my view is below.

Strengthen border security.
Hire more BPA. Train them and stand behind them 100%
Strictly enforce the laws in place now.
Put money into newer technology to enforce the laws.
Stop being beholden to MEXICO.....The illegal problem is just as much theirs as it is ours.....Yet we are the ones forced to deal with it while the Mexican govt washes their hands of it...
Old 02-02-2017, 06:57 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Do you?

BVS I've said repeatedly I think the wall is the wrong approach. I didn't vote for Trump based on the wall. I still think its not the best approach and my view is below.

Stop being beholden to MEXICO.....The illegal problem is just as much theirs as it is ours.....Yet we are the ones forced to deal with it while the Mexican govt washes their hands of it...
Meanwhile, Trump is still talking about the wall.

That's not what you voted for when you voted for trump, so why did you vote for Trump when you knew that was his plan? He never suggested anything other than a wall.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:58 PM   #145
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Do you?

I can agree with you on some of these points. You're right, the wall is a disastrous idea.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #146
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
1) Fair enough, though the penalties exist for any other kind of no-brainer insurance. Otherwise, people will just continue to go around uninsured and when there's something life-threatening that comes up, it'll be on them, now, I guess. Too bad we don't have a better system.

2) So you mean not doing anything? Don't give him credit for something Obama did, come on. He could have reversed it......Remember that and I am sure some feel he should and they are idiots.

3) I'd be OK with this if he hadn't broken the rules in order to do it. Or had the rules broken for him, but so much for those checks and balances, right?
Did you forget the Republicans are simply using the tools the Democrats put in place when they were in power but now its taboo?

3) Don't you think this is a little simple? Like...this is one of those things that sounds obvious on paper, but then it's put into action and suddenly you realize that, hey, these regulations exist for a reason and now I just have to delete two of them? EVERY TIME?
If you knew anything about how the ATF operates you would sing a different tune believe me.

4) We're in agreement on this one. But I want to go further and get rid of the lobbying altogether. Publically funded elections are what this country needs. Not a guy who shoots off his mouth when he feels like it.
LOL politicians shooting off at the mouth is part of election history.....That is nothing new.....But I know what you mean.

5) He needs to grow up is more like it. Still can't believe a grown child is now the president. Absurd.
See we agree on some things. Not all but some.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #147
War Child

Quote:
Meanwhile, Trump is still talking about the wall.

That's not what you voted for when you voted for trump, so why did you vote for Trump when you knew that was his plan? He never suggested anything other than a wall.
Candidates promise the moon and free ice cream for everyone. It doesn't mean they can deliver on it.

If I was in favor of the wall I would use technology in place already and build around that. Why put new stuff in when you have things already in place? Just strengthen what is there.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:06 PM   #148
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Candidates promise the moon and free ice cream for everyone. It doesn't mean they can deliver on it.

If I was in favor of the wall I would use technology in place already and build around that. Why put new stuff in when you have things already in place? Just strengthen what is there.
He's certainly damn intent on trying.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #149
War Child

Quote:
He's certainly damn intent on trying.
Well whether you like him or not that is one step above a lot of politicians.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #150
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Well whether you like him or not that is one step above a lot of politicians.
Trying to build a money pit is something I should applaud?