Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand being disgusted with the whole process, and not liking either of the major parties, but 3rd party voters could've voted for Hillary to try and prevent this. Margin of losses: MI: 0.2%, PA: 0.7%, WI: 0.7% & FL: 1.2 %. Granted, its mainly the campaigns own fault for basically ignoring the rust belt and not campaigning there until it was too late, but it was still as close as can be. Maybe some of them would rather he won, which is fine, but I assume many of them in those states will end up complaining about him and wish they sucked it up and voted for her to try and keep him out.

And I do get the basic appeal of Trump not being a career politician, but of all people, how could anyone trust him? Bill Gates he is not. He thinks he's above the law much more than she ever did. And his lies are probably much worse.

I will say the ending of the TPP is probably a good thing, but that was going to happen regardless.

Last edited:
I understand being disgusted with the whole process, and not liking either of the major parties, but those 3rd party people could've voted for Hillary to try and prevent this. Margin of losses: MI: 0.2%, PA: 0.7%, WI: 0.7% & FL: 1.2 %. Granted, its mainly the campaigns own fault for basically ignoring the rust belt and not campaigning there until it was too late, but it was still as close as can be.

And I do get the basic appeal of Trump not being a career politician, but of all people, how could anyone trust him? Bill Gates he is not. He thinks he's above the law much more than she ever did. And his lies are probably much worse.

I will say the ending of the TPP is probably a good thing, but that was going to happen regardless.

I still stand behind my belief that people should vote their conscience, despite what happened. It's hard to stick to my guns on it, but in my gut, I still fundamentally believe it's the right thing to do.

I still stand behind my belief that people should vote their conscience, despite what happened. It's hard to stick to my guns on it, but in my gut, I still fundamentally believe it's the right thing to do.

A vote is a tool. The right to vote is precious, the vote itself is not.

The three witnesses recall the story this way: Mr. Langer, a 59-year-old native of Bavaria, Germany — a winner of the Masters twice and of more than 100 events on major professional golf tours around the world — was standing in line at a polling place near his home in Florida on Election Day, the president explained, when an official informed Mr. Langer he would not be able to vote.

Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from.

Mr. Langer, whom he described as a supporter, left feeling frustrated, he said.

The anecdote, the aides said, was greeted with silence, and Mr. Trump was prodded to change the subject by Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, and Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas.

Last edited:

This. Even if people are looking for something new, shouldn't they also be looking for somebody who still has a fucking clue what they're doing? Somebody who actually shows an interest in this very important job they're about to apply for, who actually respects the institution?

I remember a comedian commenting on the "He's not a politician!" argument once, saying something like, "That's the job he's applying for, though! That'd be like me saying, 'You know what I like about my lawyer? He doesn't act like a lawyer.'"

Good :up:. I hope there's so many protests over the next four years. I want every group of people Trump's insulted and whatnot to be a big ol' thorn in his side and fight like hell against any of the BS he tries to pass.

Just one problem: Mr. Langer, who lives in Boca Raton, Fla., is a German citizen with permanent residence status in the United States who is, by law, barred from voting, according to Mr. Langer’s daughter Christina.
“He is a citizen of Germany,” she said, when reached on her father’s cellphone. “He is not a friend of President Trump’s, and I don’t know why he would talk about him.”
She said her father was “very busy” and would not be able to answer any questions.

Mind-boggling.

Mind-boggling.

Racism? What racism?

Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from.

He's delusional, truly mentally ill.

Good job Trump voters. I just hope you have the honesty to admit shame in 4 years.

Is this 2012?

Your repeated insistence that those who don't comply with your agenda are inferior to is a really big problem that the right continues to bitch about. Start listening, because whether you like it or not, that's clearly how they feel. And it's not shocking considering I mean, you just called me an idiot, were met amicably, and proceeded to call me an idiot again.

It doesn't matter if it's 2012, 2000, or 2016. Because someone doesn't see something the way you do doesn't make them an idiot. You don't even have a legitimate statistical argument for 2016, so your argument is weak in saying they made a difference to the results. As for them being idiots, in 2016, you're still making an pompous statement. So you're telling me I was balancing on the fence between being an idiot? Had Gary Johnson not humiliated himself, I very well could've voted for him. My level of education or wits lies solely on whether or not I subscribe to your invalid tragedy-of-the-commons-is-the-reason-for-Trump argument?

That's nice.

The tragedy of Trump is because voters lacked the imagination to see that this was all possible.

That's nice? Cat got your tongue?

You still haven't shown me how third party voters are responsible for the election of Donald Trump. Or how they're idiots.

Whatever you can to avoid a Trump presidency. And then to support 3rd parties in local and state elections.
So you think I should compromise my beliefs then? (Mind you, I voted for Hillary as she was my candidate of choice, but had she not been, it would've been harder to say)

There are very little opportunities to vote for another party at any other level besides president, so what then?

So you think I should compromise my beliefs then? (Mind you, I voted for Hillary as she was my candidate of choice, but had she not been, it would've been harder to say)

There are very little opportunities to vote for another party at any other level besides president, so what then?

Yes. Vote for the greater good. Vote strategically.

Wait until we aren't faced with the apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom