Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iron horse, are you going to answer what Diemen and I asked on the last thread?

Would like to know before I add to my ignore list.

Badlands National Park Defies Donald Trump To Tweet Science Before Going Dark - The Daily Beast

Is our Government now in the business of censoring science, much like Putin's Russian government? A number of tweets from Badlands National Park were deleted after the Parks service informed all Parks to cease twitter activities. The Badlands National Park phone number was out of service as of today.

The tweets which were forced to be deleted:

The pre-industrial concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was 280 parts per million (ppm). As of December 2016, 404.93 ppm

Today, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is higher than at any time in the last 650,000 years. #climate

Flipside of the atmosphere; ocean acidity has increased 30 percent since the Industrial Revolution. ‘Ocean Acidification’

Its okay though I guess, our Government that believes this is a "Chinese Hoax" will provide us with their own Alternative Facts. I know climate change is something that does happen naturally regardless of whether people believe if we're speeding it up or not... but I can't see how people can deny that since the industrial revolution, pollution has become a major problem that is impacting our world.

"I will send in the Feds"

Is this real life?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Look at all the censorship and it's only day 4! Wait till the end of his term how bad it will get but I have my doubts this guy will last a full term! There will come a time where the nation will say enough is enough.

Yeeeeeeeeeah, that's pretty scary.

On the note of Trump's oh-so-charming influence...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sexist-vulgar-posts-womens-marches-233120303.html

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- A school board member in Hillary Clinton's hometown resigned after making a derogatory reference on Twitter to the female anatomy in describing women marching against President Donald Trump. An Illinois teacher was pulled from the classroom for tweets deemed sexist. And a freshman Indiana lawmaker was inundated with criticism over a Facebook post mocking "fat women."

These are a handful of examples from across the U.S. of mostly male public officials who have been reprimanded, called out or disciplined over social media postings about the women's marches around the globe last weekend.

The rash of incidents, which range from boorish to downright vulgar, highlight how nasty political discourse has become since the divisive presidential election. But in an era when Trump made lashing out against "political correctness" central to his appeal, the consequences these officials face for unfiltered use of social media once again demonstrate that what you say on the internet still can hurt you.

Still, the number of incidents following the women's marches, which packed public squares in blue states and some red as well, has put a few elected officials and supervisors in an awkward spot. And it's not clear where to draw the line.

In Indiana, Republican House Speaker Brian Bosma says he's conducting social media tutorials after posts from at least two state lawmakers.

A weekend Facebook post by Indiana state Rep. Jim Lucas, a Republican, showed a photo of a woman sprayed in the face with pepper spray with a caption that read: "PARTICIPATION TROPHIES. NOW IN LIQUID FORM."

Another post by newly elected Indiana state Sen. Jack Sandlin, also a Republican, credited Donald Trump with getting "more fat women out walking than (former first lady) Michelle Obama did in 8 years."

Sandlin, who says he didn't knowingly make the since-deleted post, was inundated with criticism on his Facebook page and has apologized. He says the incident was a powerful lesson on the "unintended consequences" of opening up "your social media to try to get it out as broadly as you can."

Bosma partially blamed "the Twitter storm created by our president" which he said "makes people feel this is an appropriate vehicle to communicate." He added: "We're elected officials, we're held to a higher standard."

Cornfield, the political science professor, said that he thought most people learned the lesson about crossing the line in social media posts years ago during the early days of email.

"I guess now that we've elected the real Donald Trump some people need reminders," he said.

So, yeah. Now we've got more of that shit going on.

But hey, it's all just silly locker room style talk, right, Trump supporters?

Donald J. Trump
45m45 minutes ago
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!

Wow just wow!

So threats of (seemingly?) martial law, the wall, false allegations of the biggest voter fraud in modern political history.... what else am I missing?

First week.

I don't know how to respond to this anymore. I feel stupid just sitting at my laptop reading all of this crazy shit.

So threats of (seemingly?) martial law, the wall, false allegations of the biggest voter fraud in modern political history.... what else am I missing?

First week.

I don't know how to respond to this anymore. I feel stupid just sitting at my laptop reading all of this crazy shit.

I'm just sitting here having a steady stream of "I TOLD YOU SO" playing over and over in my head.

Come on folks, they've been warning us about martial law for 8 years.

And it's the left that shuts down discussion, listen to iron horse, banning the EPA from posting is freeing the internet to more alt-facts.

Right, iron horse?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Come on folks, they've been warning us about martial law for 8 years.

And it's the left that shuts down discussion, listen to iron horse, banning the EPA from posting is freeing the internet to more alt-facts.

Right, iron horse?

I wonder what iron horse has to say about the latest insanity of today? This might be a very interesting answer! If it weren't so damn scary and sad that people still support this guy, I would actually laugh! Sadly there is nothing funny about this situation but I am certainly curious as to what Iron Horse has to say about all of this.

Regarding this whole "3-5 million illegal votes cast" nonsense: it's yet another page out of Orwell's playbook. Doesn't matter if there's no evidence. Doesn't matter if Trump himself and every one of his lackeys knows it to be a lie. He knows that his die-hard supporters will accept it as fact anyway, and he knows that it will sow enough doubt to remain a talking point. He doesn't actually believe it himself, but repeating it serves his purposes well.

[tweet]824012413615951873[/tweet]

I don't mind Orwell, but the constant mentioning of him whenever anything happens has become so cliched over the years.

He's now threatening to invade Chicago.

Seriously.

That means there would be a resistance to him, no? Picking a fight with his own population won't end well for him.

I anticipate an anti-government guerrilla force then - hypothetically.

I don't mind Orwell, but the constant mentioning of him whenever anything happens has become so cliched over the years.

Combatting cliches is definitely our most urgent priority. Damn, you're tiring.

Rumors that Trump is going to enact his (unconstitutional) ban on Muslim immigrants via executive order in the next few days.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic :|.

So much for that "Oh, he was just exaggerating/he didn't really mean it" bullshit Trump supporters here kept insisting.

Please, dear God, please, please, please, PLEASE let this asshole be impeached as soon as humanly possible. Please.

I have way too many friends and family in Chicago. This honestly has me really scared.

If he's this willing to attack a city that voted against him, what will he try in California and New York?

He'll come out and say he was talking of federal aid

Which he probably was, but he's a master at generating controversy

He's not nuking Chicago, jeez.

If he even does anything at all, he's going to send in DOJ and FBI agents to stir up shit, waste everyone's time and money and do nothing to address the complex socioeconomic issues of the city.

Combatting cliches is definitely our most urgent priority. Damn, you're tiring.

I didn't suggest it was an urgent priority, it's an observation. Damn, you're tiring.

I usually try to avoid comparing real life political figures to 1984, Hitler, et cetera, because it's typically rather exaggerated (though I have a soft spot for Voldemort comparisons, of course). But the sort of lax attitude towards the truth that the Trump Administration has - the blatant lying and the euphemistic language like "alternative facts" - carries a distinctively 1984ish tone in a way I've never certainly experienced before in the US.

He's not nuking Chicago, jeez.

If he even does anything at all, he's going to send in DOJ and FBI agents to stir up shit, waste everyone's time and money and do nothing to address the complex socioeconomic issues of the city.

He said he would send in the Feds "to stop the murder."

I usually try to avoid comparing real life political figures to 1984, Hitler, et cetera, because it's typically rather exaggerated (though I have a soft spot for Voldemort comparisons, of course). But the sort of lax attitude towards the truth that the Trump Administration has - the blatant lying and the euphemistic language like "alternative facts" - carries a distinctively 1984ish tone in a way I've never certainly experienced before in the US.

Surely not never; what about the famous White House official's remark during Peak Bush that 'we are an empire now and we create our own reality'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom