Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know how Trump's supporters can look at things like his call to Australia's leader and still think he's capable of running this country. Doesn't his thin skin and constant need to brag about himself and put other people down bother you at all?

I mean, hell, according to discussion in this forum, Obama was self-absorbed for constantly saying "I" in speeches. If that's supposedly bad form for a president, then surely Trump's behavior would be downright appalling. Right?

I really do not get how you guys can justify or defend/excuse him and anything he's doing. At all. Especially when a lot of what he's doing is stuff that you claimed to be so bothered by when Obama or Hillary did it (or were presumed to be doing it, at least).

For his part, our PM is a disgustingly weak piece of shit who is an absolute embarrassment to Australia, so right now, we're actually less outraged about Trump and more annoyed with a prime minister who has turned out to be a pathetic shell of the person we all thought he could be.

I honestly don't know how Trump's supporters can look at things like his call to Australia's leader and still think he's capable of running this country. Doesn't his thin skin and constant need to brag about himself and put other people down bother you at all?

I mean, hell, according to discussion in this forum, Obama was self-absorbed for constantly saying "I" in speeches. If that's supposedly bad form for a president, then surely Trump's behavior would be downright appalling. Right?

I really do not get how you guys can justify or defend/excuse him and anything he's doing. At all. Especially when a lot of what he's doing is stuff that you claimed to be so bothered by when Obama or Hillary did it (or were presumed to be doing it, at least).
Trump said it perfectly! He could shoot someone in the middle of the street and his supporters would still love him. That's the only thing I can think of that he is right! I don't understand it and never will. It's just one of those mind bugling mysteries on how anyone could defend and support this person. So I give up trying to understand trump supporters. Only thing I am pissed off about is that they got us into this mess.

For his part, our PM is a disgustingly weak piece of shit who is an absolute embarrassment to Australia, so right now, we're actually less outraged about Trump and more annoyed with a prime minister who has turned out to be a pathetic shell of the person we all thought he could be.

Turnbull's the definition of spineless, whereas Abbott would trip over his shoelaces whilst trying to land a punch, Turnbull cowers in the corner and prays that Trump doesn't give him too bad a wedgie.

Sorry to hear that cobl!

Do ya think we could get The Oils to reform during trump's "reign"?

They are reforming.

I never had any real hopes for Turnbull because he was such a typical toff ex-Goldman Sachs banker, but he's good at not being able to meet ridiculously low expectations.

I won't say I had high hopes, but I didn't think he would kowtow so much and go back on his words and principles like he has.

But even if he did all that I still expected that he would remain somewhat respectable. Today he was utterly pathetic. "I'm my own man, in my own man."

I'm waiting for confirmation before I start throwing Molotov cocktails, but it looks pretty bad -- it seems to incentivize not just anti-gay but anti-sex sentiment with tax breaks.

That's right, hetero sinners. I don't have to serve your fornicating kind. This is what matters in the world in 2016. Talk about special snowflakes.

And this is what decline looks like. Welcome to the Chinese century!

Hi again Oregoropa, bob saget, Iron Horse et al,

This tweet is categorically false. I know that because I am Australian.

[tweet]827002559122567168[/tweet]

They are a) not illegal immigrants in any way, shape or form and b) it is a total of 1250, not thousands

So please watch yourself when you talk about "fake news" again. Trump's literally tweeting falsehoods.

So many people never thought they'd be hoping for a President Pence...and now are. Yet we were so close to Hillary and not having to worry about any of this. I want to shake all those people who stayed home to "not support either of them."

What if I have a religious exception to people who have been divorced multiple times, married three times, and has cheated on his spouse? Does that count?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom