Trump General Discussion V - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:38 AM
Still not grasping the concept of facts:

Quote:
“Sometimes we can disagree with the facts.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ernative-facts

Old 01-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
Finally he is taking on his twitter problem.... wait:

Trump bans EPA employees from giving social media updates | TheHill

Well this will piss off some freedom loving CONservatives...

Nope, nope, nothing to see here.

And since he's the hero no Orwellian comparisons apply.

He's everything you've preached against. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 01-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:38 AM
The new RT Network:

Trump Sends Aides To Government-Funded Broadcaster Voice Of America
Old 01-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #19
The Male

Local Time: 01:38 AM
Is this voter fraud stuff on CNN a re-run? I distinctly remember this being an issue two months ago and there's no way an acting president could be this insecure about it.

It's almost as if it's a distraction from all the baffling decisions being made right now. Huh.

Now.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Is this voter fraud stuff on CNN a re-run? I distinctly remember this being an issue two months ago and there's no way an acting president could be this insecure about it.

It's almost as if it's a distraction from all the baffling decisions being made right now. Huh.
That is exactly it and it's been his MO all along.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Iron horse, you lecture us on shutting down discussion, and then go make a post like that?!

What is wrong with you?

Like what?

In this thread?

Where?
Old 01-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Trump General Discussion V

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Like what?

In this thread?

Where?

The "lefty chicken little"post; attacking, condescending, framing the impossible argument of since you don't fight for them all then you don't really care, and then that source. Really?

Old 01-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

man i knew he would attempt to overturn the ban on the Dakota pipeline, but this is fast

hasn't he got investment interests in this thing? when will someone investigate and impeach him ffs?!
Old 01-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #24
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

He might not have direct investment interests, but Rick Perry, his choice for Secretary of Energy, sits on the board of one of the companies involved in the Dakota Access Pipeline.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Not a re-run. He opened his first meeting with Congressional leaders yesterday with a tirade about voting fraud. Subsequently his press secretary doubled down on it.

Yes it's a distraction. But you can cover the distraction AND the baffling decisions at the same time. Plenty of space for it.

Also, the "distraction" has important consequences in terms of voting rights going forward, so it's an important issue in its own right.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
He might not have direct investment interests, but Rick Perry, his choice for Secretary of Energy, sits on the board of one of the companies involved in the Dakota Access Pipeline.
how reliable is CBS news? just found this link, confirming reports i'd read a few weeks back

Trump Dakota Access Pipeline stock raises concerns - CBS News

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- President-elect Donald Trump holds stock in the company building the disputed Dakota Access oil pipeline, and pipeline opponents warn that Trump’s investments could affect any decision he makes on the $3.8 billion project as president.

Trump’s 2016 federal disclosure forms show he owned between $15,000 and $50,000 in stock in Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners. That’s down from between $500,000 and $1 million a year earlier.

Trump also owns between $100,000 and $250,000 in Phillips 66, which has a one-quarter share of Dakota Access.

While Trump’s stake in the pipeline company is modest compared with his other assets, ethics experts say it’s among dozens of potential conflicts that could be resolved by placing his investments in a blind trust, a step Trump has resisted.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Since no one has principles anymore, I'm just shaking my head and waiting for it to dawn on the white working class, the very group that elected him, how harmful Trump's decisions will be to their bottom line. Shouldn't take too long.
Noticed the Trump supporters on this board have been kinda quiet the last few days (aside from iron horse). Shame. I'd be very interested to hear what they have to say about all this insanity.

Really don't think I can forgive any Trump supporters for putting our country in this position. This is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
The delusional claims of voter fraud would be funny if the Sessions-run Justice Department wasn't going to use them as a means to restrict voting rights and disenfranchise minorities.
The thing that kills me about Trump's "illegal aliens voted" BS is...okay, let's say for a moment there was actually truth to that claim.

That should be plenty of reason to discredit Trump's win in general, should it not? Cause for a do-over

Also, considering the investigation into Trump's Russian hacking helping him win the election, he really should stop whining about voter fraud. Like, right now.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:33 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
and an old article from the Guardian confirms it also...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ort-investment

Quote:
Donald Trump has said he supports a controversial oil pipeline that runs next to a Native American reservation in North Dakota – a project that the president-elect is personally invested in.

Dakota Access pipeline company and Donald Trump have close financial ties
Read more
A briefing from Trump’s transition team said that the real estate magnate supports the construction of the Dakota Access pipeline and that his backing “has nothing to do with his personal investments and everything to do with promoting policies that benefit all Americans”.

Financial disclosure forms released earlier this year show that Trump has a stake in Energy Transfer Partners, the Texas-based firm behind the pipeline, and Phillips 66, which will hold a share of the project once completed.

Trump’s investment in Energy Transfer Partners dropped from between $500,000 and $1m in 2015 to between $1,500 and $50,000 this year. His stake in Phillips 66, however, rose from between $50,000 and $100,000 last year to between $250,000 and $500,000 this year, according to the forms.

The financial relationship has run both ways. Kelcy Warren, chief executive of Energy Transfer Partners, gave $103,000 to elect Trump and handed over a further $66,800 to the Republican National Committee after the property developer secured the GOP’s presidential nomination.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Iron horse, you lecture us on shutting down discussion, and then go make a post like that?!

What is wrong with you?

All these years on this board and he's made not one coherent post.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #30
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Trump announces plans to give a go ahead for the Keystone pipe line.
Yep. The oil was always, always coming out of the sands. Transported south either by pipeline, rail, or truck (you guess which pollutes the least)......or over the Pacific on big tankers.

A former president once said that the pipeline occupied what he called “an overinflated role in our political discourse.”

Agreed.