Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those of you in the US who are actively protesting this hatred, you have my respect and gratitude.
A fair few times some of you have mentioned how embarrassed you are to be American.
No way. From the outside looking in I see one tyrant surrounded by hungry vultures. Meanwhile the bulk of the COUNTRY says 'no fucking way' and fights.
America is looking as beautiful to me today as it ever has.

To those of you in the US who are actively protesting this hatred, you have my respect and gratitude.
A fair few times some of you have mentioned how embarrassed you are to be American.
No way. From the outside looking in I see one tyrant surrounded by hungry vultures. Meanwhile the bulk of the COUNTRY says 'no fucking way' and fights.

This means a lot. I hope the rest of the world continues to remember that, too. Trump lost the popular vote for good reason. God willing our protests here will prove effective in all sorts of ways.

C3UR-haVUAANVo5.jpg

This all occured hours after the stay had been put in place.

What are orgeogeopa and bob saget and deep and iron horse's thoughts on this. Still think it's all just a laugh?

Or are you all okay with the fact that your president is banning entire countries from entering when the percentage who are terrorists are infinitesimally small?

How is this going to stop Dylann Roof?

You all want to make America great again. And how is that defined? By going against that giant statue in New York City? By banning innocent people seeking a place to sleep at night?

Disgusting.

As a side note I think when it comes to refugees you do need a system in place, not just to make sure they aren't linked to ISIS, but to integrate them successfully, something other countries like Germany and France have struggled with. They accepted thousands of them and didn't know how to handle it. And yes, some ISIS supporters got in, a small number. You have people who don't speak the language, will struggle to find work & money, have different beliefs, etc suddenly thrown into a whole other world so to speak. I understand you can't just plop them down, but our politicians should be thinking up a way to make it work rather than arguing all the time. Its sort of like how we have issues taking care of some of our own veterans and homeless. Nothing changes because they don't work it out.

I don't think that either country lacked the knowledge how to handle it.
The situation in Calais was not because France was inept, but because the people wanted to get to the UK, which wasn't possible.
Germany for the most part managed the refugee influx rather well. I saw first hand where it wasn't handled well because my offices are right where the state's office for refugees is located, which was indeed quite a catastrophe. But that's a complex, messy issue which is structurally and politically situated in the city of Berlin.

I don't know how often I read that the "checks and balances" are keeping politics and the President in line.
What are Trump and his imbeciles doing right to so seamlessly circumvent all that?

I think this episode, and reactions such as the ones by some CBP officials, show well how fragile all our democracies really are. On the upside, you have a lot of protests, and you have some who don't just follow orders (such as the University of Michigan which refuses to "investigate" their own international students). But they are outdone by the servants who follow the orders and do whatever is being asked of them.
Decisions like this require all civil (servant) disobedience there can be. Sadly, too many are all too happy to comply.

Donald Trump is POTUS. All the yelling, kicking, screaming, protesting, and rioting is not going to change that.

I agree with this completely.

Then you go and say this.

Instead of focusing on how we can better ourselves as people

If you support what he did today, I can't think of any reason other than you're racist.

All you conservatives talk about what a "divided" nation it is.
You talk about giving the power back to "the people".
You talk about making a united America that serves all people.

Find me ONE thing that backs this up. It's complete BULLSHIT.

And I'm so fucking angry.

:up: :heart:

i fear this loon will take the American people into civil war - this is terrifying and distressing for the whole world :sad:

I agree with this completely.

Then you go and say this.

If you support what he did today, I can't think of any reason other than you're racist.

All you conservatives talk about what a "divided" nation it is.
You talk about giving the power back to "the people".
You talk about making a united America that serves all people.

Find me ONE thing that backs this up. It's complete BULLSHIT.

And I'm so fucking angry.

:up:

I'd just like to know how this is going to help the working class get their jobs back. I mean, supposedly that was the big reason Trump was so popular according to his supporters here, and yet none of what he's been doing seems to be related to bringing back jobs. One would think that would've been his very first priority getting into office if it was SOOOOOOOO important to him and he truly cared about the working class.

Care to explain, Trump supporters?

Time to dust off those 6 volumes of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Maybe they'll be instructive.

Washington (CNN)The White House statement on International Holocaust Remembrance Day didn't mention Jews or anti-Semitism because "despite what the media reports, we are an incredibly inclusive group and we took into account all of those who suffered," administration spokeswoman Hope Hicks told CNN on Saturday.

#AllLivesMatter #SoNotRacistSoNotAntiSemetic #MAGA

Should I really be boycotting Uber? I don't want to get caught up in anything hasty, but it sounds like they were trying to profit off the taxi shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom