Trump General Discussion V - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #151
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Yes. Vote for the greater good. Vote strategically.

Wait until we aren't faced with the apocalypse.
I politely disagree with you on this topic. But as I already said, it's easy for me to say that right now because it wasn't difficult for me to chose in this particular election.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:45 PM
i'm getting awfully sick of this notion that whoever you voted for determines your intelligence, or worth, or deplorability, or whatnot. i'm starting to find myself feeling more sympathetic than i'd like to for some of the people who have been told constantly for the last few months they're automatically a terrible x-ist because they voted a certain way.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 PM
I am very much sympathetic to those who abstained from voting or voted for Stein etc. My thoughts haven't changed in regards to that.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #154
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I politely disagree with you on this topic. But as I already said, it's easy for me to say that right now because it wasn't difficult for me to chose in this particular election.

Thanks for remaining civil. I'm posting on the fly and don't have time to fire off more than a few sentences, illnjust say that this is a special election with special circumstances. Voting for Trump doesn't make you an idiot if, indeed, what you want is what Trump has promised. I know these people. I've just spent a week with them. I spent plenty of time in any given year with people who disagree with me politically. I think they're wrong, quite misinformed (as evidenced in actual conversations I've had and heard and usually don't engage in because I'm polite AF in real life), but not stupid in the IQ sense of the word.

The "idiots" I'm concerned with are those who are aghast at what Trump is doing and didn't vote for Clinton or didn't vote at all. Voting may not be a measure of intelligence, but it also isn't a matter of identity and specialness and being precious about it is, I think, idiotic. We have people in here who voted against Obama in '12 who are now Never Trump because they understood in November that what's happening now was possible, and they knew that there was one tool they had to prevent that: by voting.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:40 PM   #155
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i'm getting awfully sick of this notion that whoever you voted for determines your intelligence, or worth, or deplorability, or whatnot. i'm starting to find myself feeling more sympathetic than i'd like to for some of the people who have been told constantly for the last few months they're automatically a terrible x-ist because they voted a certain way.

It's not that they are necessarily racist or in favor of sexual assault, but that these things didn't bother them enough to change their votes.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:45 PM   #156
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:45 PM
Quote:
It's not that they are necessarily racist or in favor of sexual assault, but that these things didn't bother them enough to change their votes.
This I can and always will agree with.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #157
War Child

Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
It's almost like being classed as a terrorist when you come from a certain country or hold certain religious beliefs. That must get a bit sickening after a while, eh?
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:45 PM
Quote:
This.

I can totally understand people deciding to vote third party, but I have to say I don't understand not voting at all. Men who don't vote, to me, that feels like they're taking for granted a right they've always had, and women or black people or so on not voting strikes me weird when you think of all their ancestors did to help get them those rights.

That, and I just find it hard to believe that there isn't a SINGLE politician out there that a voter could find at least some common ground with. Obviously I totally understand wanting to find a candidate whose ideals align best with yours (general "yours"), but the fact is that sometimes people aren't always going to get that. And I think instead of not voting at all, people should find the candidate who they think might be most amenable to supporting the policies they want, the person who they think might be most open to hearing from them and other voters. And then they should keep holding that politician's feet to the fire if they get elected.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #159
New Yorker

Water boarding anyone?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cia-head-...222449399.html
Old 01-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #160
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Uncivil idiot here, gotta own up to that.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor

Also registered to vote in two different states? Tiffany Trump.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #162
New Yorker

I hope this so called voter fraud investigation is done by a third party who is unbiased (although who are we kidding? Trump will probably write the report himself and state blatant lies) but if say there is an unbiased investigation I can assure you trump will sure prove this was a rigged election in his favour. Too bad the trumpets will still love him though.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #163
Blue Crack Distributor

This whole third party candidate vote thing...

I don't think it's stupid for somebody to vote for a third party candidate under normal circumstances. I actually wish it would happen more often. Both parties are terribly fractured right now. We need more options as a nation.

If the election was Hillary vs Ted Cruz? Or Bernie Sanders vs John Kasich? I'd have given serious thought to voting for a third party candidate, if there was a valid one out there (Stein and Johnson are absurd and I can't take either of them seriously). Evan McMullin only got into the race to fight against Trump, but a candidate like that as an independent, or my ideal candidate Mike Bloomberg? Yea... They'd have gotten my vote in a Clinton/Sanders vs Cruz/Kasich type of election.

The election we got, however, was certainly not one that one would consider to be "normal circumstances."

I could not, on good conscience, vote for a third party candidate if I thought the reality of my vote would have helped Trump win. The results of that victory, as we're already beginning to see, were too catastrophic to vote for an independent on principle.

Defeating Trump should have been everyone's main objective. Ultimately the people who stayed home had a greater negative effect than those who protest voted for a Stein or Johnson.

But alad, here we are, living in the twilight world of Lord Cheetoface.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #164
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
I hope this so called voter fraud investigation is done by a third party who is unbiased (although who are we kidding? Trump will probably write the report himself and state blatant lies) but if say there is an unbiased investigation I can assure you trump will sure prove this was a rigged election in his favour. Too bad the trumpets will still love him though.

It would read just like his released health records.

And his minions will lap it up, repeat it over and over, then accuse everyone else as shutting down discussion, towing party line, false news, and being an echo chamber.

This is America now. We can't say it's Orwellian, Trump is the hero in this story.

We should have been more tolerant.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 01-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #165
War Child

"Do I think it (torture) works? Absolutely."

Wow.