Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post

Assuming Trump does not implode, what steps should the Democrat party take get back many of the voters that have left the party before the 2018 midterms?
You are not a stupid person so you know that it is impossible for the Democrats to really achieve much in 2018 due to gerrymandering and which seats are up for grabs. It is what it is. They are better off concentrating on 2020, and frankly a party looking for its soul or whatever the current catchphrase is, needs a lot more time than a year (because at this time next year we'll already all be heavily discussing the midterms).

You make fun of Schumer with the Make America Sick Again stuff...well obstinate obstructionism worked for the Republicans for 8 years. Why on earth should the Democrats be any different? They oppose Trump on every level, they should not work with the Republican Congress on a single thing. The voters clearly do not punish obstruction. And frankly you all need to own each and every single thing Trump and the GOP do. No bail outs from the Dems. If you are so proud of your President and Party, then go out and own all the bills, all the nominees, all the new laws, all the appointments, all the international incidents. You can then proudly run in 2020 on that platform and the Democrats can run on "we opposed them on everything." Let the voters decide - it will be a pretty simple and binary choice at that point. I have a feeling which way the pendulum will swing.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #77
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:

My thoughts were overdue. For months I have been grouped in with racists, etc. in comments by association with my choice in candidate. I built up an immunity to it. The Trump movement I was a part of included many diverse voices that I followed on Social Media. Despite insensitive statements by Trump himself, his campaign had one of the most free thinking diverse followings of any GOP candidate. This is the movement That I see and try to present to the forum as a ambassador. To that point I've only been mocked when trying to point this out to FYM in the past.
You're mocked when you say things like his followers are free thinking.

Quote:
Presenting the MTV video was an experiment on my part. It was panned on social media even by liberals as a tone deaf hot mess. Some saying the snarkiness of the video is in a reflection of the attitude that helped get Trump elected. Many people became 'woke' that they did not want to be talked down to by liberals. The fact that everybody sees nothing wrong with the video shows how big of a worldview gap we may have.
You took the video to be sincere, we didn't. That is the biggest gap, the second biggest gap is that you are more concerned about the reaction of "working class white male" than you are the issues behind the video.
Quote:
On an analytical side, the Democrats are not listening to their moderates like Tim Ryan of Ohio. The headwinds are in the face of the hyper-liberal Obama agenda and they don't realize the bad optics are pushing the party backwards. Both in the congressional battlefield and the court of public opinion.
How are they not listening?

Where do you get the idea that the headwinds are in the face of Obama's agenda? And where do you get the idea that it's 'hyper-liberal'? Both of those are absolutely insane and once again can only be obtained by isolating yourself. The marginal electoral college win does not indicate any shift of headwinds. And story after story has been shown that even Trump supporters are scared of losing their healthcare now. If anything Republicans are in an uphill battle with this cause.

Hyper-liberal only to the Breitbart world was he hyper-liberal.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #78
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump said in an interview Friday morning that the storm surrounding Russian hacking during the presidential campaign is a political witch hunt being carried out by his adversaries, who he said were embarrassed by their loss to him in the election last year.
A guy with as much baggage as Trump making enemies with the intelligence sector and the press seems like a good strategy for him.

I wonder who President Pence will choose as his vice president.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Witch hunt headed by Main Witch John McCain.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #80
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
A guy with as much baggage as Trump making enemies with the intelligence sector and the press seems like a good strategy for him.

I wonder who President Pence will choose as his vice president.

I can't wait for another intelligence brief to be ignored and another 3,000 people to be crushed and burned to death.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Does he even last a year in the office? Maybe I brought this up in the other thread, but I'm not even talking about impeachment.

He's not a spring chicken. He's not a model of health. Both Dubya and Obama were very active presidents. Trump golfs, but can't imagine he walks the courses. What other exercises does he do?

The guys before him had experience, and you could argue early on that maybe they were in over their heads at first. This is the highest, most stressful position on the planet.

While it appears he'll delegate nearly everything but rallies to Pence and the rest of the staff, I don't know if Trump's ego can take the beating that Presidents do.

Will he be able to handle the stress and criticisms? The latter, no likely.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:59 AM
I'm still waiting for his press conference about his business/conflicts of interest, which got postponed ages ago. Especially now that we've learned a good chunk of his debt is held by Wall Street.

Oh, the irony of people wondering why Hilary never had press conferences during the election. We're waaaaaaaiting, Mr. Trump.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Next week for sure!!! !!! I can't take the suspense any longer!
Old 01-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #84
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:59 AM
The world was glooming. And then we had our first mass shooting of 2017. Thanks Donald.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 01-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
. What other exercises does he do?

Bedroom aerobics. The best.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor

One billion dollars in debt

Although it might be a false report, as it was reported in that known lefty rag The Wall Street Journal.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #87
Refugee

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Anitram I suspect you're right. Sadly, alot of those people who will now never listen to me weren't Trump, or even GOP people a year ago. Or 6 months ago. They got convinced.
And that's where I'm at. How do we do better as a society to make sure big chunks of us aren't going to fall for impossible lies?
Or is it really too far gone for some countries, and separate states are inevitable?

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 01-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #88
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
A report released Friday by the US intelligence community found that Russia tried to influence the outcome of the election by boosting President-elect Donald Trump and harming Hillary Clinton.

"We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump," the report said.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #89
Refugee

Local Time: 10:59 PM
But Headache, have a look at the Breitbart comments section. Russia and Putin are now objects of American aspiration.

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 01-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #90
Blue Crack Distributor

GOP Twitter is a flutter with this link...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...eban-santiago/

... this is what fake news does. I've been watching CNN since the news broke. They haven't once shown this picture, let alone a doctored one.

But for these people retweeting this left and right, it's the truth.

We are truly living in the Black Mirror world.