Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah
I saw that part a couple of days ago, Putting his name in the mix was enough to set CNN off to the races. C Powell was a credible guy, but in 2003 all the bullet proof evidence smelled like crap.

Holy shit.

Fuck you, Cruel, Greedy Republicans.

fixed that* for you, MA.

* obviously not all Republicans are like that...

but too many are.

It's "I got mine" (too bad about you)

[In Clance Thomases case it's "I got help through certain government rules" , but now I' m going to pull up the ladder behind me...]

Or a"I'm a self-made (usually) man".
"Nobody gave me a hand out, or help"

So what about your public roads, public schools, public libraries, public utilities, public transportation, improved weather forecasting through Science, NOAA, NASA,
safer foods through Govt food inspection etc, Etc , ETC....

"Taxes are what we pay for a civilized society"

(Last year the Republican governor of my state, Iowa, decided to privatize our state healthcare program. Shocker of shockers, it's a complete mess now thanks to him, and a lot of people are pissed.

But hey, who cares about people's health, right? Limited government//private sector can handle it all, and all that jazz.)

Oh MA :(

Since I listen to Public Radio I do hear about stuff around our nation, international etc...
But when there was Air America Radio you really got to hear even more dedicated reports and call-ins from affected people in Red States who'd lost this and that help. :| They covered all the shit happening with Scott Walker among other austerity type Republicans.

Air America was still on I think earlier in Obama's Administration...
and parts of ACA need some tweaking (along w taking over-greedy Health Insurance companies to the woodshed which would stem the steep increase in hci premiums)...

....and omg, callers would tell how they finally were able to get coverage because of the subsidies, or the preexisting
conditions Ban was lifted, etc !?!

If you didn't hear there a report saying that many charities got more $ than usual for fear of what The Republicans are going to do. :|

Last edited:
Seriously, unless I manage to snag a job with a really good healthcare program, I'm fucked in regards to that. And I could really use it-I've got tooth issues I desperately need to get fixed, and with my family history of diabetes and cancer, it'd be nice to have that just in case something happens there down the line, too, along with general everyday healthcare needs.

But apparently the Republican Party doesn't give a shit about that. They just want to make their base who were ignorant enough to say things like, "Get your government hands off my Medicare" feel good instead.

(I've also heard about people who seem to think the Affordable Care Act and Obamacare are two different things. This is the level of thinking we have to put up with here.)

Of all the backwards things the Republican Party has done/believed in recent years, their stance on the healthcare issue is among the biggest things that pisses me off so much. I don't know how those people sleep at night.

and, perhaps ironically, and perhaps deservedly, these are the people who are going to get fucked by his policies.

Irving, there are plenty of people esp regarding health care here in The States who didn't vote for Trump, didn't vote for Jill, or Johnson, who are going to be very screwed if the RightWing Repugs & Conservatives are going to get their way.

Let alone Our Planet, Animals & Plants, and us with science held hostage to Human/Climate Change Deniers, or possibly even worse nuclear winter (Dear sweet Life forbid!)

Been warning people here for months
that this was the Federal Republican healthcare firestorm that was going to happen.

Last edited:
Irving, there are plenty of people esp regarding health care here in The States who didn't vote for Trump, didn't vote for Jill, or Johnson, who are going to be very screwed if the RightWing Repugs & Conservatives are going to get their way.

Let alone Our Planet, Animals & Plants, and us with science held hostage to Human/Climate Change Deniers, or possibly even worse nuclear winter (Dear sweet Life forbid!)

Been warning people here for months
that this was the Federal Republican healthcare firestorm that was going to happen.

Oh, it's going to be an all out assault on the planet, absolutely. All those burdensome regulations on poor business.

All I can do is shrug at this point. I'm a diver, so I'm really going to miss the coral reefs, but I've done what I can do. Stupid people gonna be stupid.

Isn't Trump already displaying some pretty spectacular"cronyism" himself at the moment with his recent appointments? :scratch:

I don't know how those people sleep at night.

maxresdefault.jpg

How about calling out a person for straight up being an ass. Man to man. You libs always see things through the skin color paradigm. Your obsessed. It's unhealthy for you future efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You people could stop assuming that all districts with black representatives are crime infested.

If you want to shake the whole racist thing.

How about calling out a person for straight up being an ass. Man to man.

Man to man.
Man to man.
Man to man.
Man to man.

Because your male alpha jelly is obnoxious as fuck. "Man to man," what, are you challenging someone to a round of fisticuffs?

You libs always see things through the skin color paradigm. Your obsessed.

I do not know what abscess you're speaking of. I have no abscess.

How about calling out a person for straight up being an ass. Man to man. You libs always see things through the skin color paradigm. Your obsessed. It's unhealthy for you future efforts.

First, the only political party I've ever been a member of is the Republican party. I dropped that a few years ago, because it was evident that the party's social stances were no longer healthy for America's future. But sure... I guess that makes me a "lib" now, because that's what anyone who doesn't agree with your narrative is, I suppose.

Skin color paradigm? You mean sort of like seeing a black representative of a black district and assuming it's crime ridden, when reality tells a completely different story? Is that the sorta thing "your" referring to?

Because your male alpha jelly is obnoxious as fuck. "Man to man," what, are you challenging someone to a round of fisticuffs?

I do not know what abscess you're speaking of. I have no abscess.

Didn't see you protesting Joe Biden's Alpha machismo when he wanted to take Trump behind the gymnasium during a campaign speech. He actually threatened to punch him.

Possessive adjectives and contractions are hard, Headache. Take it easy.

Didn't see you protesting Joe Biden's Alpha machismo when he wanted to take Trump behind the gymnasium during a campaign speech. He actually threatened to punch him.

Can you find an instance of me supporting it?

No?

Oh, cool, then just stop.

Wow...

Just sad. Very sad!

I'm assuming this outrage you all show at me is merely rhetorical. If you take offense to all this privilege and Alpha male extremism you must be a joy to go to movie theater on a Friday night.

Do you walk out of the theater if a character says the wrong thing?

Do you turn the channel if Top Gun is on due to American unilateral Militarism with pilots that don't address their feelings about the lack of diversity in their flight school?

I'm assuming this outrage you all show at me is merely rhetorical. If you take offense to all this privilege and Alpha male extremism you must be a joy to go to movie theater on a Friday night.

Do you turn the channel if Top Gun is on due to American unilateral Militarism with pilots that don't address their feelings about the lack of diversity in their flight school?

Are you drunk?

Who here is outraged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom