Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad! - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:23 AM
What in the world are you babbling on about?

Also, Hollywood is not the only place where leftists exist.

(And saying she "came down from an ivory tower" while supporting a rich reality TV star is kind of hilarious.)

Old 01-09-2017, 05:38 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Nice source Catholics4trump?

Where's the video of the other times?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Here you go. Same motion.

Ted Cruz flailing arms.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #153
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
She doubled down on Hillary's 'deplorable' strategy. Even more tone-deaf. Without us, you'd be stuck watching football and Mixed Martial Arts, which is not the Arts.

Hey, Meryl, most of the electorate (Men, Women, African-Americans, Hispanics, etc) love Football. Their lives revolve around team loyalty. Great job representing leftist Hollywood by bashing the true cultural-sport fabric that unites so many Americans.

Meryl Streep has probably never had a bad word spoken to her in 30 years. She is universally praised. She came down from her self-imagined Ivory Tower and made what she thought was a Streepian declaration, that would as always be widely accepted.

So poking fun at football is calling you deplorables?! That's all you got?

Old 01-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #154
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:23 AM
Um, actually Pierce Brosnan was the one who almost single-handedly ruined Mamma Mia.

#ABBAsplaining

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 01-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
What in the world are you babbling on about?

Also, Hollywood is not the only place where leftists exist.

(And saying she "came down from an ivory tower" while supporting a rich reality TV star is kind of hilarious.)

You understand that millions of people in the US love the NFL? The Super Bowl is the most watched program every year in the World?

Her statement denigrated people that watch Football.

This attitude, permeated by Hollywood, Academia, New York media intelligentsia will not help you win back PA, OH, MI, IA, WI (ironic that these are places where football is a way of life, not just something to watch on the weekend)

The "Ivory Tower" metaphor is used when somebody is completely out of touch with the 'peasant class'. Meryl Streep's performance last night proved she had no idea what goes on in middle America. Trump is a rich reality star that understood Middle America. He did not have the condescending Ivory Tower attitude.

I fully understand I will never convert any of you into a Trump supporter. From a purely political science analysis, I'm putting out a warning that the Democratic party could be in trouble if it does not find a moderating messenger before the midterm elections. While you may view Streep's stand as a noble endeavor, it was potentially toxic to the liberal brand in its execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Um, actually Pierce Brosnan was the one who almost single-handedly ruined Mamma Mia.

#ABBAsplaining

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app
The future does not belong to those who would slander ABBA.

Yeah Brosnan was rough.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:00 PM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Yes, I agree with you that it's fair to roll your eyes at her comments about football and blah blah blah.

That doesn't mean Donald Trump wasn't very obviously mocking that reporter.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #157
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Here you go. Same motion.

Ted Cruz flailing arms.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
At the very least it's juvenile and tone deaf, no grown man should conduct themselves this way.

"Tone Deaf" is our new FYM buzzword open to be used by everybody.

Let's hope SOE isn't Tone Deaf
Old 01-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
You understand that millions of people in the US love the NFL? The Super Bowl is the most watched program every year in the World?

Her statement denigrated people that watch Football.

This attitude, permeated by Hollywood, Academia, New York media intelligentsia will not help you win back PA, OH, MI, IA, WI (ironic that these are places where football is a way of life, not just something to watch on the weekend)
Well, I live in Iowa and I couldn't care less about football. Yes, I'm well aware it's very popular here, but I don't see how Meryl's speech was somehow insulting people who like football. My mom and sister like football, and they would've agreed with her statements. As would've my dad, and many other people I know who like football. So...

And I'm not bothered by the "Hollywood/academia/New York media" commentary, either. I really wish people would quit acting like all of us here in middle America will automatically have a knee-jerk reaction to the "liberal elite", or the people on the coasts, and must naturally disagree with or dismiss anything they have to say because "ooh, liberal commentary". Some people will, yes, but again, you DO know there are liberals who live here, too, right? And not just in the big cities, either.

Quote:
The "Ivory Tower" metaphor is used when somebody is completely out of touch with the 'peasant class'. Meryl Streep's performance last night proved she had no idea what goes on in middle America. Trump is a rich reality star that understood Middle America. He did not have the condescending Ivory Tower attitude.
BS. Complete and total BS. Trump wouldn't have the first clue what people like my family go through. Not a single clue at all. I'm not saying Meryl Streep would know any better, either, but for the love of all that is good, quit acting like Trump totally gets us working class people. He's more obsessed with whining about people being mean to him on Twitter than he is focusing on preparing for his job and actually doing anything about the things he claimed he said he'd do for the working class, he was born into money, he's never had to want for anything in his life.

Seriously, I hope to god you're just pulling our legs by saying this stuff, because there is no way you can possibly say any of that with a straight face and actually mean it.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Calling it a buzzword doesn't make it untrue.

Using those arm motions while discussing someone with a motor disabiity; the results are easily predictable.

And leading into it with, "You gotta see this guy..." My interpretation is deliberate mocking.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor

Is Oregoropa the one that was once upon a time a libertarian? This new character is pretty tedious, can you switch to a new one, please?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #162
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Trump is a rich reality star that understood Middle America. He did not have the condescending Ivory Tower attitude.

I don't care what you think, I know you're smarter than this.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

Seriously, I hope to god you're just pulling our legs by saying this stuff, because there is no way you can possibly say any of that with a straight face and actually mean it.
I am saying it with a straight face. It's easy to dig ourselves into opposing ideological trench warfare. There are moments when I close my eyes and try to see things from the other side. It's a good mental exercise. (Sometimes I can more easily channel an inner-liberal thought process when under the influence. Not mocking. A certain plant popular in Colorado can allow your psyche to travel to many different perspectives)

I saw a news story for a new app that connects Hillary-Trump supporters to communicate with the hopes of creating better dialogue. Might try it out, but I have it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Is Oregoropa the one that was once upon a time a libertarian? This new character is pretty tedious, can you switch to a new one, please?

Never really a libertarian. Must have me mixed up with somebody else. Bob maybe, he loves Ron Paul. I'm more loose on Marijuana law/usage as my post proves.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #164
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post

I have a "libertarian" on another forum who supports building a wall because "we already spend tons of wasteful money so why not?"
Old 01-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #165
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Never mocked a disabled reported. Huge media lie. Used the same spastic motions to describe Ted Cruz and a General at the same time in the campaign.

no. wrong wrong wrong. i can't stand this, i've had this argument with others before -- he ABSOLUTELY mocked the reporter. it's amazing how easily you fall for this kind of bait. it's exactly how right wing media is designed to work.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3454179a77ee

Donald Trump Criticized for Mocking Disabled Reporter : snopes.com