Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as we all know, Julian Assange cannot lie.

He has found himself in a peculiar place as the world leader of a new brand of 'Accountability to Power'. The shit the journalists used to pride themselves on.

He always speaks at length about vetting his leaks. He will not squander his position.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Are we ever going to see an end to politics as a team sport? Or was it always like this and the Internet is just exposing and/or exacerbating it?

I mean, I've never had an issue calling out any of my own, but that's because I demand accountability and I believe that honest, constructive criticism creates better politics and politicians. If I support Candidate X and that candidate does something that I consider counter to my principles or morally reprehensible, I will call them out regardless of how it will affect my "team".

as someone that has voted for Obama twice that should put me on the Obama team, sadly with this election, instead of standing down as other two term presidents have pretty much done for the most part in the past, he has gone full bore making this about him and his legacy.

Well,even after the election was over and decided, previous presidents have rode out their last few weeks, with just some pardons and commutations, instead he is trying to legislate like he has a newly elected mandate. A huge disappointment for a former team Obama supporter, He really has tarnished his legacy.

He is a globalists, I think he wants a bigger stage. But he has talked about organizing again :shrug:

He does have one more public speech planned, perhaps he will share his plans then. I really hope it is not laying down how the Trump administration should be fought. What a shame if he goes in that direction.

Think about it, the 1992 election was incredibly bitter. Clinton only got 43? per cent of the vote. And Bush 1 was a class act, after Clinton went around saying, "It's the economy, stupid."

Trying to figure the outrage or harping on the popular vote.

Trump Electoral College votes are a closer representation of the popular vote than any of the 4 elections of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

In 1992 Bill Clinton got 43 per cent of the vote but was awarded 69 per cent of the Electoral College votes. That is a 26 per cent overage.

In 1996 Bill Clinton got 49 per cent of vote and 70 per cent of E C vote, a 21 per cent overage.

In 2008 Obama got 53 per cent of vote and 68 per cent of E C vote a 15 per cent overage

In 2012 Obama got 51 per cent of the and 62 per cent of E C vote, a 11 per cent overage.

In 2016 Trump got 46 per cent of vote and 56 per cent of E C vote, only a 10 per cent overage. That is less than any of the elections of Clinton or Obama.

Last edited:
It's a tale as old as time . . . .

Been a team sport since the dawn of civilization

Not like this.

I blame Rush Limbaugh. A lot of this can be traced back to him.

And angry white men. They eat this shit up.

Trying to figure the outrage or harping on the popular vote.

Trump Electoral College votes are a closer representation of the popular vote than any of the 4 elections of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

In 1992 Bill Clinton got 43 per cent of the vote but was awarded 69 per cent of the Electoral College votes. That is a 26 per cent overage.

In 1996 Bill Clinton got 49 per cent of vote and 70 per cent of E C vote, a 21 per cent overage.

In 2008 Obama got 53 per cent of vote and 68 per cent of E C vote a 15 per cent overage

In 2012 Obama got 51 per cent of the and 62 per cent of E C vote, a 11 per cent overage.

In 2016 Trump got 46 per cent of vote and 56 per cent of E C vote, only a 10 per cent overage. That is less than any of the elections of Clinton or Obama.

What are you even talking about?

The Obama Administration played this card very early on, when they couldn't find anyone in power to effectively demonize.

ymmv

the explosive growth of talk radio in the early 1990s at the beginning of the Clinton presidency is absolutely a major contributor to the polarization of today -- it effectively monetized the cultural rifts of the 1960s, evoked nostalgia of a time when America was great, and gave white men driving in cars along highways in the sprawling 1990s exurbs a sense of commonality and purpose similar to that of a minority.

i've been saying this for a long time. i remember the rise of Rush. i remember exactly who listened to him and bought his book and exactly what was going on.

s-l300.jpg

The Obama Administration played this card very early on, when they couldn't find anyone in power to effectively demonize.

ymmv

Rush was the beginning; he was the beginning of information isolationism, he started breeding the low info voter, Breitbart then came and perfected it. Trump's just been reading the tea leaves.

There's video of Trump talking about Buchanan's campaign years ago, obsessed with Hitler, using fear and racism, etc. lo and behold he used that formula some years later because there were enough of the "right wing nuts" that were living in isolation that it might actually work.

The freedom of info act was also huge.

it pretty much let either side just spew shit without having to back up their points, or at least provide counter arguments. So we create a vacuum and everyone is happy because our feelings/beliefs never get challenged.

he has gone full bore making this about him and his legacy.

Perhaps that has something to do with the pres-elect talking about dismantling much of his legacy? Nah, couldn't be that simple.

instead he is trying to legislate like he has a newly elected mandate.

Right? It's not as if a significant majority of voting Americans wanted to see Obama's policies carried forward. Oh... wait.

He really has tarnished his legacy.

In your eyes, maybe. Sure, he's conducted himself differently than past outgoing presidents, but this isn't your run-of-the-mill changing of the guard.

you're right. these mildly inappropriate comments totally negate all the pussy grabbing. i mean, both sides do it!
The only p*ssy grabbing I heard this election cycle came from democrats and their suporters, they seemed crazed with it, could not get it out front enough.

The only p*ssy grabbing I heard this election cycle came from democrats and their suporters, they seemed crazed with it, could not get it out front enough.

You mean that you wonder why Trump didn't make it an integral part of his campaign?
Drain the damp and grab that pussy!!!

The freedom of info act was also huge.

it pretty much let either side just spew shit without having to back up their points, or at least provide counter arguments. So we create a vacuum and everyone is happy because our feelings/beliefs never get challenged.

Could you elaborate on this, the effects of FOIA ?

You mean that you wonder why Trump didn't make it an integral part of his campaign?
Drain the damp and grab that pussy!!!

Again we have leftist using vulgar language, that is exactly how this election played out and why religious and decent people went for Trump.

Last edited:
In your eyes, maybe. Sure, he's conducted himself differently than past outgoing presidents, but this isn't your run-of-the-mill changing of the guard.

92 was incredibly bitter, with Clinton calling Bush 1, stupid. Unheard of and shocking at that time.

Again we have leftist using vulgar language, that is exactly how this election played out and why religious and decent people went for Trump.

Because "leftists" were repeating what Trump said (but not actually engaging in pussy grabbing, mind you), religious and "decent" (ha!) people went for the guy who originally said it and actually engaged in the vulgar activity - sexual harassment - behind the words?

This must be an offshoot of the "it's worse to be called a racist than actually be racist" persecuted-majority logic.

Last edited:

so let me try and figure this one out... "religious" and "decent" people voted for the most vulgar, least religious and decent candidate in American history because people on the left side of the spectrum like to say fuck a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom