Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The belief that cutting taxes for wealthy people and deregulation bring sustainable economic growth for all is exactly what has put the white working class in the position it presently finds itself.

Well. He hasn't even taken office yet. So let's see what happens and give him a chance. Right now he's playing games with the media, etc. until he gets into office.

What you see is what you get. He behaved the same way during the campaign, and he'll behave the same way in office. It's not an act; it's a personality disorder.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This thread is a fucking disaster. The amount of obvious trolling going on is disgraceful.

If you can't participate without either insulting others at seemingly every opportunity or intentionally trolling, then we'd all be better off if you just didn't even post at all. And if you continue to post like an obnoxious troll, I'll make those arrangements for you.

Thank. You.

The belief that cutting taxes for wealthy people and deregulation bring sustainable economic growth for all is exactly what has put the white working class in the position it presently finds itself.

Bingo.

"Playing games with the media," would that be code for "daily twitter freak outs about SNL skits and other such 'mean' comments"?

All the jobs have evaporated and has led to high unemployment, crappy schools, and high crime rates. Incentivize some of these big companies like Apple and Ford to put plants in Cleveland, Philly, etc. Get these people into solid jobs.

You are operating under seriously troubling levels of delusion if you think that a company like Apple is going to "put plants" in Cleveland and Philly. What are they going to do, force all the Chinese components manufacturers to move over? I mean wow.

In a sense this is actually great because if more of you think this way, the level of disappointment in Trump in 4 years will be epic.

I think a lot of the bad grammar and misspellings in what appears to be a disproportionate amount of Trump supporters -- here and elsewhere -- is an indicator of an education system that has failed to give critical thinking skills and a basic knowledge to many students, and this combined with economic insecurity, makes them especially susceptible to an authoritarian demoagogue like Trump.

As I typed this, the news I have on was replaying his speech trashing Ben Carson -- he like hit his mother with a hammer and tried to stab his friend but hit his belt -- and Trump is all "I'm wearing a belt" and "how stupid are the people of Iowa?"

Now, Carson, who himself admitted he had no preparation whatsoever to do anything at all in government, is in charge of HUD.

It's all beyond logic.

Now, Carson, who himself admitted he had no preparation whatsoever to do anything at all in government, is in charge of HUD.

It's all beyond logic.

Not really when you think about how Ben Carson is black, so he surely knows something about urban things, no?

There are no jobs out there. My parents have had to move around 4 times in the last 7 years just so they can make it. The economy is dismal for the working man. For me it was about getting people back to work.

The job market has shifted. You can't just go backwards because going forwards is scary. If you think there are no jobs, why did you go to college instead of technical school?

But what does Trump's plan do for us in the long term? He keeps some blue collar jobs, product prices go up, innovation slows, and then what? There is no long term sustainability.

There is no "turning around" it's turning backwards, and then what?

All of this.

Rebuilding infrastructure - :lol: you guys love that term when there's an R behind it, you scream government bloat when there's a D behind it.

Good thing we didn't elect Crooked Hillary and her clearly defined infrastructure plan, and went for the tax cut plan instead. I hear it's gonna be great!

I can't figure out if it's satirical or not... Irvine, are you OK?

But what does Trump's plan do for us in the long term? He keeps some blue collar jobs, product prices go up, innovation slows, and then what? There is no long term sustainability.

If he turns out to be as laissez-faire as he is claiming, you might see more money put into corporate research and development. That's about the most we can hope for. People with aristocratic stocks will be happy as well, I imagine.

i think a lot of the bad grammar and misspellings in what appears to be a disproportionate amount of trump supporters -- here and elsewhere -- is an indicator of an education system that has failed to give critical thinking skills and a basic knowledge to many students, and this combined with economic insecurity, makes them especially susceptible to an authoritarian demoagogue like trump.

As i typed this, the news i have on was replaying his speech trashing ben carson -- he like hit his mother with a hammer and tried to stab his friend but hit his belt -- and trump is all "i'm wearing a belt" and "how stupid are the people of iowa?"

now, carson, who himself admitted he had no preparation whatsoever to do anything at all in government, is in charge of hud.

It's all beyond logic.

IMG_1028.JPG

Ben Carson would be the first HUD Secretary to actually grow up in government housing. I wouldn't be quick to underestimate him in what typically the throwaway cabinet position.

Ben Carson would be the first HUD Secretary to actually grow up in government housing. I wouldn't be quick to underestimate him in what typically the throwaway cabinet position.

I just have mixed opinions of him as an individual. He's obviously very capable. I don't doubt his ability. Much like Trump, I doubt his judgment. Though, Carson is less emotionally driven. He's much gentler and less egotistical. Despite him spewing garbage, I feel he can be rationalized with, and isn't susceptible to ego manipulation.

I also just have a total lack of respect for someone who runs just to sell a book, claims he's my suitable for any of those positions, and then takes one.

just telling it like it is. so sick of all this political correctness.

You sound like one of them saying that.

I'm tired of political correctness in many facets, but you're not being politically incorrect. You're just being incorrect. There's lots of dumb people that are on your side. It's easy to overlook them because they don't bother you. Having the right view doesn't mean you're intelligent. Having the wrong view might mean you're more likely to be less intelligent, that's true (to a numerically measurable but small degree, and depending upon the context of the view), but I'd venture to say if you go to a vast amount of outlets on the internet you can find folks on the left who are simply unintelligent.

Last edited:
Or if you want me to have responded more appropriately, replace incidences of "intelligence" with "bad grammar/spelling." Excuse me.

I do think it's pretty rich for a guy to be railing on getting all these immigrants out in a post that's riddled with bad English.

just a few weeks ago Ben Carson didn't think that Ben Carson was suitable for any cabinet position.

and Trump has him diagnosed: pathological.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom