Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking at some point you might actually understand where I'm coming from? I have my valid reasons for not being a fan of BMP's posting on this board.

I know what you are saying, but I don't think you're the last word on these things.

coincidence ?

Would you like it if I instead decided to politicize your affiliation with the US armed forces, even if they weren't political? And what if you had some buddies that were shot and killed by bad guys, and I used them as a false means of a political device?

Donald Trump is why your friends are dead, buddy.

How does an irrational statement like that make you feel? Because that's what that statement makes me feel like.

P.S., my comment was sarcastic. Vitriol. Interference buzzword.

I never said it was all about racism, this all or nothing tactic is getting stale. Nor did I say all his voters were racists. And yes I think these labels get thrown about too much.

BUT racism was used in his platform, Bannon IS a racist, and if it weren't for these voters he would not have won.

Why did the Klan make Trump their first first major party endorsement in decades? Why do the white nationalists find him to be an ally? And why did Trump never denounce any of it?

Don't worry about labels right now. Why did he court these people? Why did he need them?

And why was it not an issue for all of his non-racist supporters? Were you just willing to ignore it because some of the other issues were important to you?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wow you're a sputtering mess. May be time to step away from the keyboard for a while.

You're acting as if you didn't just lose the election by 2.5m votes.

IMG_1535.JPG
I plead the 12th Amendment.

:up:
You have your head in the sand if you think this is all about racism. I respect you as a free thinking individual. You must acknowledge that is the Democrat party that has enjoy playing the "Identity" game by isolating groups and using fear tactics to keep them voting blue. The Media and the Left concoct new terms like "marginalized" and in September started using the label "Alt-Right" as an all encompassing hate ideology. Alt-Right in European circles may be indicative of Nativist parties in Austria and Germany. That's where I first heard the term several years ago.

Was Brexit Alt-Right? Was Farage racist?

The Alt-Right pushback stateside, before it was labeled as such was the Trump supporters versus the GOP establishment machine. Breitbart, Hannity, Rush were all on the Trump Train in the spirit of taking down the system.

Hillary gave that Alt-Right speech in September and suddenly the whole movement became The Fourth Reich in the eyes of the left.

The labeling and desire of the left to compartmentalize groups of people has backfired. The Democratic party is an endangered species outside of metropolitan areas. Is this because everybody else became Alt-Right racists all of a sudden? No.

The Left/Media has doubled down and continue to blame these 'racist' voters as the reason Hillary lost. This labeling only makes people more pissed off and drives them away from the Democratic Party and they are willing to give Trump a chance.

The Democratic party had a chance to course-correct and replace Pelosi with Tim Ryan [a young blue collar Democrat from Youngstown, OH]. They stuck with Pelosi. Sure she can fundraise the shit out of Napa Valley Liberals, but it won't win you back seats.

Do you want to talk strategy/current events or just keep harping on racism?

You keep saying the fact that I can't see things is downright scary. Maybe my eyes are wide open and have a better understanding of the current dynamics at play in the country than you.

deep's point is that the Orlando shooter's father has way more of a tangible tie to the HRC campaign than David Duke does to the Trump campaign

Except the notable difference is that asshole isn't representative of a group that's been emboldened by the president-elect, he's just a lone asshole, somebody that the left would roundly decry.

Trump, meanwhile, has a guy from Breitbart who's been known to stir up the xenophobic, racist, sexist elements of the right as part of his administration now. Members of the KKK held parades after Trump won the election. Before the election, there were militia members talking about holding armed rallies in D.C. if Hillary had won.

We're not talking about one random idiot here when it comes to Trump. There is a seriously scary element of the population getting a larger voice now because of Trump's behavior and attitudes towards women, black people, Hispanics, Muslims, etc. throughout the campaign, and since becoming president-elect. People have valid reason to be deeply troubled by and concerned about it. And I really do not get how you and other Trump supporters can keep dismissing that as no big deal.

And putting aside the above concerns, how are you not bothered by the fact that it's been made abundantly clear from everyone who's met with Trump thus far to plan his transition to the White House that he literally does not seem to have any understanding of the job he's about to take on? They keep talking about how he's "surprised" at just how hard this job is, we keep hearing stories about him doing all these questionable things (like taking a call with Taiwan), or showing total ignorance of certain policies. He's spending more time getting into stupid arguments (and with people who weren't even targeting him at that-see the 'Hamilton' situation) than he is actually taking his job seriously.

What on earth makes you think he's honestly capable of doing this job based off what we've seen since his win last month? How can you look at his behavior since he's won and NOT realize the huge mistake you've just made?

Pfft, endangered outside of metropolitan areas??? The same dems who consistently have more voters? The same metropolitan areas that grow faster than rural areas?

The same reason why states like Texas and Georgia are losing their stronghold red status.

Good luck winning elections in 20, 40, 50 years with your white rural vote. :up:

The demographics are flipping. Don't expect you to realize that because the liberals are so out of touch. Trump wouldn't have won if it weren't for significantly out performing with African americans and hispanics.

Pfft, endangered outside of metropolitan areas??? The same dems who consistently have more voters? The same metropolitan areas that grow faster than rural areas?

The same reason why states like Texas and Georgia are losing their stronghold red status.

Texas going blue or even purple is a liberal wet dream. Won't happen.

The demographics are flipping. Don't expect you to realize that because the liberals are so out of touch. Trump wouldn't have won if it weren't for significantly out performing with African americans and hispanics.

I dunno if you've actually looked at the results. But Trump won on margins practically everywhere outside of Ohio. It means he launched a damn good campaign, or Clinton did a shit campaign. Very likely both.

Your notion that the demographics are flipping... entirely unfounded. What supports that? Is there a trend? Can you provide me results from several elections to indicate that demographics are indeed shifting? Cmon. Show us your skills.

Would you like it if I instead decided to politicize your affiliation with the US armed forces, even if they weren't political? And what if you had some buddies that were shot and killed by bad guys, and I used them as a false means of a political device?

Donald Trump is why your friends are dead, buddy.

How does an irrational statement like that make you feel? Because that's what that statement makes me feel like.

P.S., my comment was sarcastic. Vitriol. Interference buzzword.

Whatever makes you happy, i guess. :|

Trump out performed Romney with African-Americans [15% African-American men], Latinos, and tripled the Muslim support Romney had.

Wow. Some people from both groups voted for him. Great. That doesn't negate the fact that there's still plenty of people from both groups who can't stand him. Trump performed well with white women, too. Doesn't negate his shitty behavior towards them, or the fact that many women, myself included, are bothered by the way he treats them.

Maybe these folks care about security and economic opportunity rather than being told by the media that Trump doesn't like them.

Newsflash: you can talk about national security and economic opportunity without blaming an entire race/ethnic group for the ills of the country. You can talk about immigration reform without calling Mexicans rapists and druggies. You can talk about terrorism without suggesting a freaking vetting process and registry for Muslims, or suggest banning them altogether from this country. You can talk about the economic struggles people are facing without calling poor/working class people lazy moochers, or implying that immigrants are "taking our jobs" (while simultaneously calling them lazy freeloaders. I'm always curious how somebody can be a lazy freeloader and work at the same time, but whatever). There are plenty of ways to address those issues that don't involve treating people of different races or ethnicities like shit in the process.

The bottom line is that Trump spent years hounding Obama about his birthplace, and spent years pulling the birther bullshit, which is racism of the highest order. The bottom line is that he bragged about groping women without their consent, and sees nothing wrong with insulting and demeaning women on a daily basis. The bottom line is that he thinks banning or heavily vetting an entire religious group is somehow a logical way to solve our terrorism problem (still waiting for a Trump supporter to explain to me how vetting Muslims from other countries will help protect us from the terrorists we've had who were born and raised in this country).

That is a hideous way to treat the people you've sworn to serve. And he won because a lot of people, for some bizarre reason, think the way he treated those people was a good idea. There were other reasons they voted for him, yes, but you cannot deny that the racism, sexism, and xenophobia played a role. You just can't.

And again, I will remind you of Trump's open ignorance about the job he's about to take on that I mentioned earlier, the lack of preparation and understanding of what the presidency entails. What are your thoughts on that? If you're willing to overlook the racist/sexist/xenophobic stuff, are you willing to overlook his "This job is way more work than I thought it would be!" attitude, too? Is there ANYTHING about his upcoming presidency, his understanding of the presidency, etc. that concerns you?

A Texas elector with integrity and conviction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/o...ald-trump.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

DALLAS — I am a Republican presidential elector, one of the 538 people asked to choose officially the president of the United States. Since the election, people have asked me to change my vote based on policy disagreements with Donald J. Trump. In some cases, they cite the popular vote difference. I do not think president-elects should be disqualified for policy disagreements. I do not think they should be disqualified because they won the Electoral College instead of the popular vote. However, now I am asked to cast a vote on Dec. 19 for someone who shows daily he is not qualified for the office.

Fifteen years ago, as a firefighter, I was part of the response to the Sept. 11 attacks against our nation. That attack and this year’s election may seem unrelated, but for me the relationship becomes clearer every day.

George W. Bush is an imperfect man, but he led us through the tragic days following the attacks. His leadership showed that America was a great nation. That was also the last time I remember the nation united. I watch Mr. Trump fail to unite America and drive a wedge between us.

Mr. Trump goes out of his way to attack the cast of “Saturday Night Live” for bias. He tweets day and night, but waited two days to offer sympathy to the Ohio State community after an attack there. He does not encourage civil discourse, but chooses to stoke fear and create outrage.

This is unacceptable. For me, America is that shining city on a hill that Ronald Reagan envisioned. It has problems. It has challenges. These can be met and overcome just as our nation overcame Sept. 11.

The United States was set up as a republic. Alexander Hamilton provided a blueprint for states’ votes. Federalist 68 argued that an Electoral College should determine if candidates are qualified, not engaged in demagogy, and independent from foreign influence. Mr. Trump shows us again and again that he does not meet these standards. Given his own public statements, it isn’t clear how the Electoral College can ignore these issues, and so it should reject him.

I have poured countless hours into serving the party of Lincoln and electing its candidates. I will pour many more into being more faithful to my party than some in its leadership. But I owe no debt to a party. I owe a debt to my children to leave them a nation they can trust.

Mr. Trump lacks the foreign policy experience and demeanor needed to be commander in chief. During the campaign more than 50 Republican former national security officials and foreign policy experts co-signed a letter opposing him. In their words, “he would be a dangerous president.” During the campaign Mr. Trump even said Russia should hack Hillary Clinton’s emails. This encouragement of an illegal act has troubled many members of Congress and troubles me.

Hamilton also reminded us that a president cannot be a demagogue. Mr. Trump urged violence against protesters at his rallies during the campaign. He speaks of retribution against his critics. He has surrounded himself with advisers such as Stephen K. Bannon, who claims to be a Leninist and lauds villains and their thirst for power, including Darth Vader. “Rogue One,” the latest “Star Wars” installment, arrives later this month. I am not taking my children to see it to celebrate evil, but to show them that light can overcome it.

Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Mr. Trump’s pick for national security adviser, has his own checkered past about rules. He installed a secret internet connection in his Pentagon office despite rules to the contrary. Sound familiar?

Finally, Mr. Trump does not understand that the Constitution expressly forbids a president to receive payments or gifts from foreign governments. We have reports that Mr. Trump’s organization has business dealings in Argentina, Bahrain, Taiwan and elsewhere. Mr. Trump could be impeached in his first year given his dismissive responses to financial conflicts of interest. He has played fast and loose with the law for years. He may have violated the Cuban embargo, and there are reports of improprieties involving his foundation and actions he took against minority tenants in New York. Mr. Trump still seems to think that pattern of behavior can continue.

The election of the next president is not yet a done deal. Electors of conscience can still do the right thing for the good of the country. Presidential electors have the legal right and a constitutional duty to vote their conscience. I believe electors should unify behind a Republican alternative, an honorable and qualified man or woman such as Gov. John Kasich of Ohio. I pray my fellow electors will do their job and join with me in discovering who that person should be.

Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. On Dec. 19, I will do it again.

View attachment 11015
View attachment 11016

Oh what's that? Population is receding in red areas and booming in blue areas? Color me shocked. Who would've thought... urban centers are where population growth occurs. Strange.

Once we start rounding up these illegals in mass and ship them off, the mexicans will start voting republican once they realize their neighborhoods are safer and there's more jobs available.
And that other portion is from the arm pit of Texas called Austin. If you wanna get scammed and butt-raped, move to Austin, TX. It's been taken over by those california hippies.
Texas will stay red.

Once we start rounding up these illegals in mass and ship them off, the mexicans will start voting republican once they realize their neighborhoods are safer and there's more jobs available.
And that other portion is from the arm pit of Texas called Austin. If you wanna get scammed and butt-raped, move to Austin, TX. It's been taken over by those california hippies.
Texas will stay red.

And there we have it folks, bob finally bleeding his true bigoted colors.

Maybe you should go back to :up:

Classy comment once again from the genocide supporting commie.

Don't remember supporting genocide anywhere? Unless it's one of your 'cultural Marxism'/'white genocide'-esque hysteria.

All fascists into the sea. :applaud:

Texas will stay red.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

We can ship bob and his mates into the ocean. :up:

Bob will circumnavigate the world like Magellan. The ship will be rotting down to the waterline. That's destiny. That's will. That's striving. That's being a trailblazer an explorer. Going into space !!! Quantum mechanics . . . The Secrets of the Universe !!! :wave: Right Bob

No one with a mathematical understanding above 4th grade believes this or could justify this. Who is force feeding you this crap?

Texas will stay red.

True colors.

THIS is your typical Trump supporter folks, but no, let's sugarcoat and pretend bigotry, hatred, and ignorance had nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom