Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And damn proud of it we are.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Austin is hands down one of the most relevant cities in this country; music food, movies, tech start ups, culture. The creativity, innovation, economic strength, and personality is what all cities should strive for.

Just don't strive for it's roadway infrastructure;)

In fairness, the McMahons don't carry the bigoted nature of Donald Trump & Co.

So it's a damn shame she wasn't given a different post.

Austin is hands down one of the most relevant cities in this country; music food, movies, tech start ups, culture. The creativity, innovation, economic strength, and personality is what all cities should strive for.

Just don't strive for it's roadway infrastructure;)

Austin's infrastructure is a disaster. A good case study in how "if we don't build it, they won't come" city planning works out.

I'm an Austin expatriate currently living in Dallas, and I sometimes can't help but be proud of the 32-lane-wide freeways that D/FW has to move cars around effectively. Granted, it would be nice to have a city with more density and mass transit, but Austin chose the worst of all worlds: middling density, no good mass transit, and inadequate freeways.

But Austin will still always be home. <3

(Sorry for being completely off-topic.)

People are complaining about Donald Trump stocking his cabinet with Wall St./corporate douchebags, corrupt, white supremacist, warmonger, neoliberal disaster Hillary Clinton would've done different HOW?

world-leaders.jpg

Four down one to go.

Globalists are failing, and voters are throwing them out of office. :up:

People are complaining about Donald Trump stocking his cabinet with Wall St./corporate douchebags, corrupt, white supremacist, warmonger, neoliberal disaster Hillary Clinton would've done different HOW?

You really don't see the difference? If not, you probably shouldn't be at the grown ups table.

world-leaders.jpg

Four down one to go.

Globalists are failing, and voters are throwing them out of office. :up:

has it not occurred to you that different countries also have elections every now and again which duh results in different leaders? (and that Italy changes politicians as often as they have hot dinners?)

You know, maybe we were wrong. Maybe Mr Trump really is the right man for the job; who's going to be the president for the little guy, and help the forgotten workers of American industry; saving jobs for the middle class.

Maybe WE were the ones who were conned... I think I've changed my ways. I've seen the orange colored light.

Donald Trump will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Chuck Jones, who is President of United Steelworkers 1999, has done a terrible job representing workers. No wonder companies flee country!
@realDonaldTrump

If United Steelworkers 1999 was any good, they would have kept those jobs in Indiana. Spend more time working-less time talking. Reduce dues
@realDonaldTrump

Oh.

Nevermind.

You know, maybe we were wrong. Maybe Mr Trump really is the right man for the job; who's going to be the president for the little guy, and help the forgotten workers of American industry; saving jobs for the middle class.

Maybe WE were the ones who were conned... I think I've changed my ways. I've seen the orange colored light.

Donald Trump will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Oh.

Nevermind.

is that recent? i am seriously thinking of signing up to Twitter for the entertainment value :D

What a shitshow...

My prediction; his thin skin gets him impeached quicker than any president in history.

is that recent? i am seriously thinking of signing up to Twitter for the entertainment value :D
This was yesterday

Trump Picks Twitter Fight With Union Local Chief in Indiana http://nyti.ms/2hnf7AS

Chuck Jones, the president of United Steelworkers Local 1999, told The Washington Post on Tuesday that the president-elect had “lied his ass off” when he claimed he had saved 1,100 jobs from going to Mexico at the Carrier furnace plant in Indianapolis. That was pretty much backed up by the chief executive of United Technologies, the parent company of Carrier, who said on CNBC that he would automate the plant and lay off many of the workers anyway.

It would appear, and I may be wrong here, but apparently if you elect a grossly unqualified con-man for President, you get a grossly unqualified con-man as President.

Who knew?

Last edited:
This will be really fun to watch once Paul Ryan tries to push voucherizing Medicare through Congress.

I just love the example he's setting for everyone in all aspects of personal/professional life. The constant bickering on twitter, his penchant for bullying at rallies.

Feel like he's ushered in the age of the Asshole.

Austin chose the worst of all worlds: middling density, no good mass transit, and inadequate freeways.
yes, i don't live downtown, but i do live in actual austin (not round rock or something) and there's only one bus that comes through where i am. one. it'd be a pain to try to go downtown via mass transit if i wanted to avoid the traffic but also not have to worry about having to stay sober.

i-35 is crazy. it has the same amount of lanes as any of the interstates do in memphis. but the traffic here is heavier since there's way more people, of course. add in how much traffic i-35 as a whole gets and i just don't understand why when you're headed downtown, it's just four lanes in each direction. i'm glad the only time i have to go there is by choice, no commuting downtown.

i do love austin though. there's actually shit to do here, a nice change from the other cities i've lived in.

Republicans control both the House and the Senate. Do you really think they would impeach him and risk alienating his base?

Right. He'll never get through his term without impeachment, just like he would never make it past the primary, just like he would never get elected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom