Trump General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with deducting childcare expenses (as somebody who lives in a place where you can do this) on your tax returns is that it's actually a fairly unfair system when applied nationally or even state-wide. I mean I guess it's better than nothing but allowing me to deduct $7K of daycare costs per year in Toronto covers like 3 months of daycare whereas it wouldn't even add up to a year in other parts of the country. But it would be a start for him to introduce.

My guess as to how some things will play out.

1. Hillary is not going to get arrested. Sorry crazies, but never going to happen. Trump, if forced to explain this will just give the "it's now time to unite, she is no longer a threat to us as a country and in the interest of national unity, blah blah." This will be dispensed with immediately.
2. NAFTA will remain. Not a chance that gets ripped up because it would shock the American economy. It would crush the auto industry, car prices in the US would go through the roof, there would be a huge negative shock rippling through the economy via major job losses, factory shut downs, etc. I can see him getting the Mexicans and Canadians to "sit down" for a "negotiation" so that he can say that he tried and then present some sort of concessions from them which will be basically meaningless but lets him save face. In addition, force the hand of a couple of the auto manufacturers to build small-production plants in Michigan/Ohio, we're talking about very small plants employing small numbers of people basically for show so that he can say he brought jobs back and parade around showing off the facility. None of this will have an appreciable effect on the population of the rust belt but it will be "doing something."
3. TPP is dead.
4. There will be some sort of task force to deport some really bad hombres who have committed felonies, let's say 10,000 people or so. The Republicans can't adopt an openly racist agenda towards Hispanics because demographics is destiny but they have to throw some red meat to the base.

I certainly hope the basic theme of your post is correct. I suspect it is.
What about the promised tax cuts? With debt so high already, can he follow through on that?

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

The Republicans will own EVERYTHING in 2/4 years. There will be absolutely no escaping from a single failure or international incident.

This is a good start.

Meanwhile, a person who spoke to the Trump campaign told POLITICO that the aides have also discussed tapping Sarah Palin for Interior secretary. Trump has said he’d like to put Palin in his cabinet, and Palin has made no secret of her interest.

Sarah Palin being considered for I can't even finish this sentence.

right wing hate groups smell blood in the water.

The Plan | NOM Blog

fuck you, Trump voters. fuck your straight white male privilege that lets you live life without consequences beyond those of your own making.

come for my family and i will destroy you.

FUCK all of you who want us to unify around this man. You want your fucking anecdotal fucking evidence? You want to pretend this shit doesn't matter? My nephew was told to go back to Africa today. A child. By other children. I'm fucking sick to my stomach. Can't stop shaking. This is unreal.

FUCK all of you. You want your fucking anecdotal fucking evidence? You want to pretend this shit doesn't matter? My nephew was told to go back to Africa today. A child. By other children. I'm fucking sick to my stomach. Can't stop shaking. This is unreal.

i am so sorry.

FUCK all of you who want us to unify around this man. You want your fucking anecdotal fucking evidence? You want to pretend this shit doesn't matter? My nephew was told to go back to Africa today. A child. By other children. I'm fucking sick to my stomach. Can't stop shaking. This is unreal.
That is truly deplorable.

That is truly deplorable.

i am so sorry.

He's five, he is mix-raced, he is one of the happiest children I have ever met. He doesn't deserve this. My father has been casually racist about him as long as he's been born, but it was always said in jest, and I overlooked it, because it was obvious my dad loves him, but fuck, now I don't even know what to think. Allowing those little jabs here and there over time is probably what allowed this to happen.

I just realized I have two more mixed-race second cousins. Do I need to fear for them, their father who is black? I was so worried about my LGBT friends, I didn't stop for a second and think about my family because I really didn't think that this could REALLY happen to someone I know and love.....

It did. A boy apparently told SEVERAL of his classmates, including my nephew that Trump was going to send them back to Africa. My sister is contacting the school. I don't know what else has happened since then.

More unity, from the Buffalo News:

The first day following the election of President Donald Trump has seen two troubling incidents, one in Wellsville and another at Canisius College.

A softball dugout in Island Park in Wellsville was defaced with the words "Make America White Again," accompanied by a large swastika. The graffiti was discovered this morning and the police were called. The park is located near Wellsville High School and the town's central business district.

At Canisius College, a black doll was found hung by a noose in an elevator on Tuesday night in Frisch Hall, a freshman dorm.

You can see the photos here: Disturbing acts in Wellsville, at Canisius College follow Election Day - The Buffalo News

This is going to be a sad, sad reality for the time being. I've heard similar reports from people close to me, and they are nearly unbearable to hear, no less to live through.

So we get to blame Donald for everything that happens for the next four years right?

Another terrorist attack and he can't make us safe.

Natural Disasters

Financial distress

Thanks Donald

It did. A boy apparently told SEVERAL of his classmates, including my nephew that Trump was going to send them back to Africa. My sister is contacting the school. I don't know what else has happened since then.
Obviously don't know about that particular school, but most have pretty strict anti bullying stances and the offending kid will be dealt with.

Also not that it makes it better, but at least your nephew wasn't singled out by a group of other kids from the sounds of it, sounds more like one very bad apple (who probably comes from a rotten tree) and if its only the one kid, it hopefully gets nipped in the bud and isn't a larger problem with a community of kids acting that way.

Lots of unity everywhere today!

Louisiana:

The Lafayette Police Department said Thursday morning the victim is an 18-year-old Middle Eastern female.

The woman told police that two white males exited a gray sedan and struck her several times in the back, while yelling racial obscenities, police said in a news release.

"The victim describes the suspects as white males, but has not given a definitive clothing description," police said. "There were no witnesses or video surveillance on the scene."

The woman said the suspects took her hijab and wallet and then fled the scene

North Carolina:

A reporter for CBS North Carolina posted a photo of a wall in Durham, North Carolina where the words “BLACK LIVES DON’T MATTER AND NEITHER DOES [sic] YOUR VOTES” were spray painted. 

Philly:

A photo posted by Twitter user @Anthony19145 this morning showed a white SUV covered in black spray paint that read “Trump Rules” and “Black Bitch” parked at the Liberty Auto Body shop in South Philadelphia. An employee who answered the phone at the shop did not want to be identified but said the vehicle was brought in this morning by its shaken owner. The staffer said detectives had already been to the business to investigate.

Rochester:

Rochester police are investigating two separate incidents where rainbow LGBT flags were burned while hanging from area homes.

WXXI News reports that both incidents occurred on Wednesday at houses on Atlantic Avenue and Marion Street.

Stepping back from pressing, terrifying social concerns for a second, what are the chances that this crazy bastard ignites a trade war with his enormous (45%?) Chinese/Mexican tariffs? The potential for another depression scares the shit out of me.

Stepping back from pressing, terrifying social concerns for a second, what are the chances that this crazy bastard ignites a trade war with his enormous (45%?) Chinese/Mexican tariffs? The potential for another depression scares the shit out of me.

Basically zero.

He'd singlehandedly collapse the US economy if he did that.

Like half your people would literally be able to afford to buy pretty much nothing.

Obviously don't know about that particular school, but most have pretty strict anti bullying stances and the offending kid will be dealt with.

Also not that it makes it better, but at least your nephew wasn't singled out by a group of other kids from the sounds of it, sounds more like one very bad apple (who probably comes from a rotten tree) and if its only the one kid, it hopefully gets nipped in the bud and isn't a larger problem with a community of kids acting that way.

Not to keep going on about my personal issues, but I just loved seeing his GRANDMOTHER (this is my step-sister, so thankfully this woman is not MY grandmother) comment on my sister's post about this: There (sic) just kids let it go lol.

:|

Anyone else totally weirded out by the amount of grace between Clinton, Trump, and Obama right now?

Clinton on Trump: he deserves a chance
Obama on Trump: we are rooting for him
Trump on Clinton: we owe her a great debt
Trump on Obama: it's an honor to be with him and he's a great man

Basically zero.

He'd singlehandedly collapse the US economy if he did that.

Like half your people would literally be able to afford to buy pretty much nothing.

I mean, I certainly hope he's not dumb enough to pull a Smoot-Hawley on us in 2017, but that is essentially what he promised.

If you thought a wall was absurd, his proposed trade deals are even more harmful.

Not to keep going on about my personal issues, but I just loved seeing his GRANDMOTHER (this is my step-sister, so thankfully this woman is not MY grandmother) comment on my sister's post about this: There (sic) just kids let it go lol.

:|

If she said something like "they're just little kids the other kid probably didn't comprehend what he was saying", that would be one thing, but you can't just let this go.
The kid is young enough he may not understand how reprehensible this is, and hopefully some form of punishment can arrest the behavior. Though I'd be concerned about where he learned the behavior, and it is most likely from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom