Trump General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than half the idiots in this country voted for a guy who wants to basically wreck everything good about this country, and he has a republican majority legislative branch to help. Why the fuck are we talking about what an Irish musician said about him during a song, like that's of any consequence?

Less than half, actually. Looks like Hillary is going to win the popular vote.

So that's the environment Trump is entering into.

This is why I don't like to get into broad sweeping statements about the people of a given country; a little under half the voters voted for Trump. All those who voted for anyone, are, what, a little over half of the total population that are eligible to vote? So when you look at it like that, it's really only the 53rd worst air disaster in history <walterwhite>

Trump supporters are, in large part, ignoramuses driven by empty populist ideology and misinformation that are entirely stupid enough to lead us right into a ditch without thinking for themselves.

Yep.

Honestly, no-one would have accepted 5% of the lies he has told from any other candidate - but he fed off the underlying racism, bigotry, sexism, and paranoia of an electorate that has no Godly clue how lucky it truly is.

And anyone who tells me that people in other countries have no right to an opinion, go and fuck yourself so far up your own asses that you spit out your own cum - I have genuine, founded fears that his attitudes to China and Asia in general will either:

- Destroy our own relationships with them, including our largest export markets for natural resources, and/or
- Threaten the ANZUS treaty which REQUIRES us to support the US in any international issues.

Trump voters - your blatantly ignorant fuckery is destroying everyone. Well done, you cunts.

This Bono talk is less than relevant given the circumstances. Also, people need to learn to express dismay and disgust without resorting to crass insults.

That said, bobsaget, you seemed utterly disgusted by Trump's Access Hollywood tape. Why would you be happy that that kind of man now is in line for the most powerful position on earth?

Invading a country for no legitimate reason is good enough for me. You disagree?

Well, Bush was in a different time. He did some shit where he ignorantly thought he was doing the right thing. He's an asshat, but to assert his character is lesser than Trump is bullshit.

Plus, you're counting your chickens here. You have no clue what Trump will do.

This Bono talk is less than relevant given the circumstances. Also, people need to learn to express dismay and disgust without resorting to crass insults.

That said, bobsaget, you seemed utterly disgusted by Trump's Access Hollywood tape. Why would you be happy that that kind of man now is in line for the most powerful position on earth?

Why're you trying to somehow seek logic from that one? I get it, bob did something highly un-conservative and condemned Trump. But if you're looking to rationalize why, you're not going to find your answer. He's clearly loving it. I'd rather deal with those you can engage in dialogue with, than talk to a wooden post and wonder why he bent but didn't break.

I have several gay couple friends who are engaged and planning weddings over the course of 2017.

They are all considering rushing to the court house before January 20.

Must be nice not to have to worry about such things.

The first president of the United States of America to also be an inductee in the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The first president of the United States of America to also be an inductee in the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame.

Also the first president to have never held public office/a cabinet or military position.

True, but it turns out keeping cool and calm is pretty hard to do when you've been dreading coming out as transgender for longer than you've been posting on this board (and it says I joined in 2002, so...) out of general fear of things like getting murdered, and just as it was starting to seem like it was getting less scary, the side that writes things like this wins. http://www.masslive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/11/supreme_court_should_reject_ob.html

Also the first president to have never held public office/a cabinet or military position.
Apparently the only thing he has held is "a woman's pussy".
But if that is no issue to the American voters, then who am I to complain.

Apparently the only thing he has held is "a woman's pussy".

But if that is no issue to the American voters, then who am I to complain.

I don't mean to get defensive, as my sense of nationalism and patriotism is near zero right now. But please try not to blame "the American voters." Clearly, half of us didn't want this.

Well, there's plenty of prior presidents who didn't serve in the military either.

The first one I recall was Bill Clinton, and I do remember people on the right being as hysterical that he beat Bush 1, a WW2 hero. I remember people calling him a draft dodger, traitor.
Yeah but we already know you're a cunt.

more of us didn't want it than did, but that's not how elections work.

I'd be careful shitting on the electoral college in favor of popular vote. You have to imagine were this the case, you'd be exacerbating the very issue that created Trump. Two shitty parties that pander to their favored groups and neglect or take for granted folks that are in small town America. The last thing we need is an election where the dem sits in New York and California for the whole campaign while the republican hangs out in Texas.

I'd be careful shitting on the electoral college in favor of popular vote. You have to imagine were this the case, you'd be exacerbating the very issue that created Trump. Two shitty parties that pander to their favored groups and neglect or take for granted folks that are in small town America. The last thing we need is an election where the dem sits in New York and California for the whole campaign while the republican hangs out in Texas.

don't think i was shitting on the electoral college -- i was just stating a fact. i can see upsides and downsides to the EC.

but rural votes are privileged over urban votes, in the EC and especially in the Senate.

i suppose DC can give up it's dream of congressional representation for another generation.

When is the Trump sign being erected on the WH roof? Over/under Feb 1?

I hope the Trump supporters are proud. This is your America.

Cw1cg5dXcAADlLy.jpg:large

I've never woke up wanting to take a shot of whiskey before my coffee.

I had to take the train to work today because I was up late forgetting my sorrows. Now I'm drinking some apple cider and wondering if my boss would notice if I slip something into it.
True, but it turns out keeping cool and calm is pretty hard to do when you've been dreading coming out as transgender for longer than you've been posting on this board (and it says I joined in 2002, so...) out of general fear of things like getting murdered, and just as it was starting to seem like it was getting less scary, the side that writes things like this wins. Supreme Court should reject Obama's radical social experiment (Commentary) | masslive.com

Holy crap, IWB, I'm so sorry :\...

True, but it turns out keeping cool and calm is pretty hard to do when you've been dreading coming out as transgender for longer than you've been posting on this board (and it says I joined in 2002, so...) out of general fear of things like getting murdered, and just as it was starting to seem like it was getting less scary, the side that writes things like this wins. Supreme Court should reject Obama's radical social experiment (Commentary) | masslive.com

The Supreme Court is definitely something to be concerned with, but Trump's conservatism seems to be basically focused on economics. He really isn't super conservative as far as social issues are concerned, so it will be interesting to see who he nominates. Does he give in to the party and nominate someone ultra conservative, or does he follow his own path and maybe nominate somebody moderate? We can only wait and see, but its possible it may not be the crisis it would be if Pence were atop the ticket.
In the meantime you live in a state that is as liberal as they come, that's frankly more important than anything on a federal level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom