Trump General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why the Dems would want to end the EC when they almost have a lock just shows how emotional and irrational this lost has them.

Or, you know, they could have advocated on principle for years that the electoral college should be abolished as an absurd and undemocratic institution that has long since outlived any justification it used to have.

It's an institution about which very little positive can be said, and the sooner your country gets rid of it - and introduces preferential voting too - the better for your democracy.

ha, ha, I got to laugh

not WE missed something

I posted that all season the polls were over-estimating Hillary voters and under-estimating Trumps voters in all the primary votes, and based on that and all the states that had her only up 1-2 points, he should win those states

that post was labeled, a troll

bullshit. you called a hillary win at least twice *on election day*. don't act like you had it right all along.

Or, you know, they could have advocated on principle for years that the electoral college should be abolished as an absurd and undemocratic institution that has long since outlived any justification it used to have.

It's an institution about which very little positive can be said, and the sooner your country gets rid of it - and introduces preferential voting too - the better for your democracy.

Sorry, Hillary, Podesta and the whole team were as silent as church mouses because there were many models the had her easily getting to 270, and a few of them had Trump with the popular vote. Show me any article printed before the election with her or her team not wanting the EC to be the decider and any talk of wanting to end it.

bullshit. you called a hillary win at least twice *on election day*. don't act like you had it right all along.

that's about correct, I was never heavily, emotionally invested in either side, I thought it would be close within 2 %,, all along I thought Hillary would pull it out, but I believed Trump had a better than 85-15, 80-20, or 70-30 shot

there is a post, a few days before the election where I did write what I said I did, about the polls being wrong all season, and with that in mind, Trump could or should win,

I can probably find it, would that make your life a little better?

don't act like you had it right all along.

since you include the words, 'all along'

all along, I have said Trump had the best chance of beating Hillary, not that he would, but he could

all along, during the primaries, pretty much from the beginning when he was being dismissed as a joke that would fade away, I did recognize that he was more than that

so of course, I was more correct than most of the people that post in here, I have no problem when I make an error, but having a different opinion than the majority in here has little bearing on being in error.

Last edited:
Not sure. Luzerne County, PA (Wilkes-Barre) near where I live went +5 Obama to +19 Trump.

I would imagine the turnout was higher in many of these areas, where Trump's message resonated.

My point is yeah, there was a "sea change", but it's not the one you're picturing. What we're seeing here is a reduction of "normal" Republican voters being replaced by those first time voters that IH was talking about. The "alt-right" voters who finally had a president they could vocally endorse.

So a rise in the first time alt right voters, a huge reduction in your normal republican voters, and the demographic that helped you the most may be around for one maybe two elections.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom