Trump General Discussion - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Statement of Angela Merkel:

Quote:
“Germany and America are connected by values of democracy, freedom, and respect for the law and the dignity of man, independent of origin, skin colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political views. I offer the next President of the United States close cooperation on the basis of these values. The partnership with the United States is and remains a foundation of German foreign policy."

Old 11-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:16 PM
She is a loser on the way out.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Only somebody on the way out would go and stick it to him like this.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Again, trying to find bits and pieces of good where I can in the darkness.

Someone on CNN just said that if/when the ACA is repealed, the plan it would be replaced with would probably be Paul Ryan's plan. I am sure the plan on the whole will please me much less than the ACA fiscal conservatism, but the person on CNN said Ryan's plan would allow for people with pre-existing conditions to continue receiving coverage.

No idea if that's true, but need to hold on to anything at the moment. It would be one good thing if true.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:16 PM
I almost died of laughter as I got to the end of this actually-not-so-funny article:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/09/po...cts/index.html

It's about different reactions from different governments and parties across the world.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This is the one solid and honest idea.

Which will NEVER happen because you'd require people to vote against their own self interest.

My plan is pretty lenient to congressmen/women. Might be a passable proposal.

8 - 2 year terms in the house = 16 years

3 - 6 year terms in the senate = 18 years.

Granted many will slide from the house into the senate before a full sixteen years.

Let's say on average a politician will be there 14 years with this system. In some combination of roles.

We will cut down on the powerful dinosaurs that amass influence past 35 years. At that point many vote for their own power points than the will of their constituents.

Senators probably won't go for anything less than 18.

Right now the wind is at Donald's back with surprise hold of the senate. The current dinosaurs are nearing retirement so it won't effect them.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 11-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post

Someone on CNN just said that if/when the ACA is repealed, the plan it would be replaced with would probably be Paul Ryan's plan. I am sure the plan on the whole will please me much less than the ACA fiscal conservatism, but the person on CNN said Ryan's plan would allow for people with pre-existing conditions to continue receiving coverage.

No idea if that's true, but need to hold on to anything at the moment. It would be one good thing if true.

Trump wants make the insurance market closer to what you can do with car insurance options. Instead of being stuck with two shitty choices you could theoretically browse 20 plans to fit your lifestyle. Basically by opening up state markets

I would like the pre-existing conditions to remain as a basic human right.

Not much good at actuarial science. So I can see some insurers taking a bath on profitability

Plus trump wants families to be able to deduct child care expenses from their taxes at the end of the year.

More power in the hands of the individual instead a top down approach crafted by technocrats

Old 11-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post

It won't be repealed because there isn't a super majority for it.

But parts of it will almost certainly be reconciled.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:31 PM   #84
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Trump wants make the insurance market closer to what you can do with car insurance options. Instead of being stuck with two shitty choices you could theoretically browse 20 plans to fit your lifestyle. Basically by opening up state markets
Yeah, Republicans tried to push this before, it's not going to happen, and it shows they've had 8 years and they haven't done their research.

Medical procedures and licensing are defined differently from state to state. For example one state might define podiatry up to the ankle, the next state might define it as knee down. So a mid ankle break could be operated on by a podiatrist in one state, but not the other. So you have the nightmare of going in and defining the exemptions for all of these discrepancies, or you write it so broad with the worse case scenario as the base point to which you just increased my ankle surgery in TX by double because Illinois requires you to go to an orthopedic surgeon.

Quote:
Plus trump wants families to be able to deduct child care expenses from their taxes at the end of the year.
I can like this
Old 11-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Yeah, Republicans tried to push this before, it's not going to happen, and it shows they've had 8 years and they haven't done their research.

Medical procedures and licensing are defined differently from state to state. For example one state might define podiatry up to the ankle, the next state might define it as knee down. So a mid ankle break could be operated on by a podiatrist in one state, but not the other. So you have the nightmare of going in and defining the exemptions for all of these discrepancies, or you write it so broad with the worse case scenario as the base point to which you just increased my ankle surgery in TX by double because Illinois requires you to go to an orthopedic surgeon.

I can like this
Lotta red tape. That's where Federalism cuts both ways. Give the states power, and you end up with different results. States are laboratories of Democracy. Co-opt what works and what doesn't.

So many states love the Colorado model on Marijuana and look at the spread on ballot initiatives.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #86
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Lotta red tape. That's where Federalism cuts both ways. Give the states power, and you end up with different results. States are laboratories of Democracy. Co-opt what works and what doesn't.

So many states love the Colorado model on Marijuana and look at the spread on ballot initiatives.

But, this is a result of us giving states the power hence why there is no universal definition therefore insurance won't work across borders.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
But, this is a result of us giving states the power hence why there is no universal definition therefore insurance won't work across borders.

We put men on the moon. I'm hoping lawmakers can figure this out.

The election is over, but as citizens we need to remained engaged and lobby for good ideas.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #88
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
We put men on the moon. I'm hoping lawmakers can figure this out.

The election is over, but as citizens we need to remained engaged and lobby for good ideas.

I agree. I'm just letting you know why that rehash won't work, unless there is federalism involved.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451...content=202709

Old 11-09-2016, 06:22 PM   #90
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Some of that is really disappointing. Some is downright terrifying.