Trump General Discusion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An actor attacking a nationally elected Republican leader at the theater. A real history lesson last night. :up:
As opposed to a nationally elected douchebag attacking, well, everyone who doesn't agree with him over Twitter?

Yea, but no... what happened to Pence last night is almost the same thing as what happened to Lincoln.

Great comparison ! :up:

Why do republicans love a federalist, big government loving, black supporting lawyer and member of the United States congress from Illinois?

Makes me wonder... sports team politics.

If memory serves me correct, Hillary was the one who used Abraham Lincoln to deflect from her public/private duplicity in the most pathetic moment in Presidential Debate history.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If memory serves me correct, Hillary was the one who used Abraham Lincoln to deflect from her public/private duplicity in the most pathetic moment in Presidential Debate history.

Pfft don't look at me to defend her. Dunno what you're referring to and I don't really care, because I was never really a staunch Clinton supporter. I've always just been disgusted and insulted by the lack of intellect Trump thinks people have in this country. And the lack of respect he has for people.

But don't back away from the point at hand. Other than namesake, what is modern-day Republican about Abraham Lincoln? As far as I'm concerned, it was your representative ideology that assassinated the man.

the most pathetic moment in Presidential Debate history

Trump has at least the top 5 of these. Hillary can have #6.

Debate #2 was collectively the worst American Presidential debate of all time, though I feel like I'm being generous even calling it a debate.

Last edited:
You know shortly after the election I thought let him build his stupid wall. A massive, 100ft concrete monster that would be so completely ineffective and cost an insane amount of money to build and maintain paid for by Americans, not Mexicans. Not by the rich Americans either because they'll be enjoying a tax cut. I thought maybe then Trump supporters would get a clue that the guy is a clueless piece of shit.

But it's clear that it wouldn't detract at all from what his supporters see in him. He could probably spend every last tax dollar on a stupid wall and people would still pat themselves on the back that they were able to keep crooked Hillary out.

Why do republicans love a federalist, big government loving, black supporting lawyer and member of the United States congress from Illinois?

Makes me wonder... sports team politics.

Abraham Lincoln was the greatest American President and the first Republican President. That's why Republicans love him.

This is common knowledge that people learn in elementary school, to pretend Lincoln is a modern day Republican is just sad.

Pathetic because it was true?

*CLINTON SAYS YOU NEED TO HAVE A PRIVATE AND PUBLIC POSITION ON POLICY*
*Clinton: “But If Everybody's Watching, You Know, All Of The Back Room Discussions And The Deals, You Know, Then People Get A Little Nervous, To Say The Least. So, You Need Both A Public And A Private Position."*
CLINTON: You just have to sort of figure out how to -- getting back to that word, "balance" -- how to balance the public and the private efforts that are necessary to be successful, politically, and that's not just a comment about today. That, I think, has probably been true for all of our history, and if you saw the Spielberg movie, Lincoln, and how he was maneuvering and working to get the 13th Amendment passed, and he called one of my favorite predecessors, Secretary Seward, who had been the governor and senator from New York, ran against Lincoln for president, and he told Seward, I need your help to get this done. And Seward called some of his lobbyist friends who knew how to make a deal, and they just kept going at it. I mean, politics is like sausage being made. It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be. But if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position. And finally, I think -- I believe in evidence-based decision making. I want to know what the facts are. I mean, it's like when you guys go into some kind of a deal, you know, are you going to do that development or not, are you going to do that renovation or not, you know, you look at the numbers. You try to figure out what's going to work and what's not going to work.

But this is post-trump America. The truth is for sissies.

Pathetic because it was true?

But this is post-trump America. The truth is for sissies.

As a rhetorical device in a short form debate it was downright silly. And Trump to his credit came back and said "now you're blaming honest Abe"

Debates are about moments. And that was a big counter-punch that Trump landed to forward the narrative that Hillary will say absolutely anything to protect herself.

Abraham Lincoln was the greatest American President and the first Republican President. That's why Republicans love him.

What core values does he have that your political party and yourself have that entitle you to enshrine him as the father of your party and the GOAT?

What core values does he have that your political party and yourself have that entitle you to enshrine him as the father of your party and the GOAT?

A consensus of non-partisan historians place him at the #1 spot considering the unprecedented situation he had to navigate during his term.

That is why I feel comfortable posting that he is the GOAT without feeling the need to expand upon the reasoning.

Google Presidential rankings. A few have Washington as #1. But the poll of polls have Lincoln as the GOAT.

Honestly, guys, I admire your attempts to reason with the racists and neo-nazis in this thread.

I will go back to my bubble now.

A consensus of non-partisan historians place him at the #1 spot considering the unprecedented situation he had to navigate during his term.

That is why I feel comfortable posting that he is the GOAT without feeling the need to expand upon the reasoning.

Google Presidential rankings. A few have Washington as #1. But the poll of polls have Lincoln as the GOAT.

I never asked you why you thought he was #1 and I never challenged that claim.

I asked you what core values you or any republican shares with Abraham Lincoln.

You don't seem like you're willing to answer that.

:up:

As a rhetorical device in a short form debate it was downright silly. And Trump to his credit came back and said "now you're blaming honest Abe"

Debates are about moments. And that was a big counter-punch that Trump landed to forward the narrative that Hillary will say absolutely anything to protect herself.

View attachment 10994

View attachment 10993

Good responses.

So would you have preferred she'd lied? Deflected? The truth isn't always fun :shrug:.

You're closer to Ellis Island than I am. Better get digging on your pet project.

So now you're for changing the definition of America? When did the inscription on Ellis Island become a "pet project"?

Sick

Don't play the illiterate historian game. It's not becoming of you. The party of Trump would consider Lincoln a progressive if he were doing that today. This argument makes me sick to my stomach, I'm trying really hard to maintain respect.

Even some artists said it was wrong to deliver a surprise political message to an audience member after curtain call. “You don’t single out an audience member and embarrass him from the stage,” the musician Steven Van Zandt, a bandmate of Bruce Springsteen’s, wrote on Twitter. “A terrible precedent to set.”

Right so, Lincoln stood for everything you do not, but since you are in the same party as him, you aren't obliged to answer questions. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom