Trump General Discusion II - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
No, because Ford's CEO told us otherwise.
Oh who's gonna trust that guy? He was about to send jobs to MEXICO!

......that's the echo chamber they're in.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #47
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,529
Local Time: 04:13 AM
These are facts in a post-fact world.

gtfo if the supreme leader says it, it's true. Why do we have to keep labeling his followers as being low information? Just stop!


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,228
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Let's roll the tape and find out how racist white Trump supporters justify the David Duke support.

https://youtu.be/8NVVwZVd6ZM
Well, gee, that comment from one guy totally convinced me!

Good lord, this is not that hard to understand. That guy doesn't see Duke's support as an issue. Good for him. But the fact remains that lots of other black people, along with many people of other racial/ethnic backgrounds, DO. The fact remains that David Duke supports Trump, and vocally so at that. The right needs to quit brushing that off like it's no big deal, or that people don't have a valid reason to be troubled by it.

And like I said in the last Trump thread, if we had to sit here and listen to the right bitch about Reverend Wright and Bill Ayers in relation to Obama back in 2008, if they're the ones claiming who a presidential candidate associates with or is supported by matters, then they need to be just as concerned when it's their candidate being scrutinized.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
No, because Ford's CEO told us otherwise.

Bill Ford went to Trump while on the campaign begging him to stop slamming the company. He knows he'd be on the hot seat if he were to make any moves knowing his company is in the public eye. Trump took the assurance from Ford about the Kentucky plant staying put and played it to his advantage making Ford look good in the process. The Art of the Deal.

CEOs should take a lesson from Grubhub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1479493622.796199.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	10990


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Look guys, he found one black guy that's not concerned about the klan. So it's settled, no racism. All hyperbole.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1479493734.498716.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	10991


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Attachment 10991


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Do you guys deal in anything but memes?

Like really?

Give me 1000 words (a basic essay) on this. I will accept references in the word count. Go.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,880
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
for fuck's sakes. i give up. let's just freely call Donald Trump a full-blown fascist from now on and not worry about the consequences. have fun when you elect a real fascist, america.
You seem to overlook a number of things:
- Nobody is saying that the current situation is the same as Nazi Germany;
- Nobody is saying that we are now all of a sudden living under fascism, but rather that a significant portion of Trump's rhetoric evokes fascism, and that there are signs (I would say strong signs) that he may turn into an authoritarian leader, and possibly a fascist one at that;
- Fascim doesn't equal Nazism. Think of Mussolini's Italy or Salazar's Portugal and the similarities get closer.
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,880
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Here's Evidence Steve Bannon Joined a Facebook Group That Posts Racist Rants and Obama Death Threats | Mother Jones
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,315
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Again, it seems like because people aren't agreeing with your point of view, you're just shouting instead of listening. Axver just outlined a very good explanation for what the comparison point is, but you almost seem to want to stick your head in the sand and continue to believe that Trump is an idiot incapable of having a political ideal.
i outlined very clearly several times how donald trump is not at all and never has been and never will be a fascist and clearly i haven't been listened to at all, so yes i'm frustrated.

of course there are similarities between fascism and whatever bullshit trump is peddling. i can make a damn good comparison of a platypus to a duck, but having a bill and webbed feet doesn't make a platypus a duck.

and I thought we all agreed months ago that it's obvious trump is indeed an idiot and has no political ideals other than "i am the best and everything should reflect that".
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:43 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,315
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
You seem to overlook a number of things:
- Nobody is saying that the current situation is the same as Nazi Germany;
- Nobody is saying that we are now all of a sudden living under fascism, but rather that a significant portion of Trump's rhetoric evokes fascism, and that there are signs (I would say strong signs) that he may turn into an authoritarian leader, and possibly a fascist one at that;
- Fascim doesn't equal Nazism. Think of Mussolini's Italy or Salazar's Portugal and the similarities get closer.


fuck this. bye interference.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,880
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Not fascist at all:

Steve Bannon Trump Tower Interview: Trump's Strategist Plots "New Political Movement" | Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
“Darkness is good,” says Bannon, who amid the suits surrounding him at Trump Tower, looks like a graduate student in his T-shirt, open button-down and tatty blue blazer — albeit a 62-year-old graduate student. “Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they—“ I believe by “they” he means liberals and the media, already promoting calls for his ouster “—get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.”
DaveC, can you help us clarify whether the Galactic Empire represents a fascist regime?
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,880
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Seriously, I can't get over the fact that the President Elect's senior strategic adviser just praised Darth Vader as an example of goodness and power.
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,244
Local Time: 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post


fuck this. bye interference.

I understand your frustration with something you're very in tune with (if I recall correctly you actually made sarcastic comments when I was banging my head about statistics and polling). But I think at this point, banging your head anymore won't change anyone's opinion because it's less strict to most people.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,880
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I understand your frustration with something you're very in tune with.
Not to pick on you, but this is quite patronizing. We are not amateur political scientists (at least I'm not, quite literally). The problem is not that we "are not in tune with" the topic, but that, from my perspective (I don't want to speak for others), DaveC is simply wrong on political theory.
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #60
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,198
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Bill Ford went to Trump while on the campaign begging him to stop slamming the company. He knows he'd be on the hot seat if he were to make any moves knowing his company is in the public eye. Trump took the assurance from Ford about the Kentucky plant staying put and played it to his advantage making Ford look good in the process. The Art of the Deal.

CEOs should take a lesson from Grubhub.

Attachment 10990


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And, as opposed to the multiple sources disputing Trump's claim, we're just supposed to take your word for it without any evidence?
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com