Trump General Discusion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I ask for is an apology for making Clinton the nominee and an agreement to the plan for people to work towards having a Progressive one four years from now, but it seems like the latter is just too much to ask from the establishment and party faithful.

Always entitled to something.

No one in here owes you shit.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Have fun, Dave. Hopefully Cory Booker doesn't win the nomination four years from now. It's our party now. :up:

All I ask for is an apology for making Clinton the nominee and an agreement to the plan for people to work towards having a Progressive one four years from now, but it seems like the latter is just too much to ask from the establishment and party faithful.

I really don't understand why people won't admit when they are or were wrong. On election night early on the networks were projecting Hillary would win Florida, at that point I figured the 'blue wall' was going to hold and said something like, "Hillary will win, she has it in the bag."

of course 30 minutes later when the networks said Florida could still go for Trump,
But, all season I said I expect Hillary to win, I said I thought the election would be close within 2-3%, and no big blow out in the EC.

I do think Biden would have been a much better candidate than Hillary. Not sure Bernie would have beat Trump, but I think he would have kept Trump way below 306 EC votes. What Hillary state would Bernie have lost, maybe NH. what Trump state would Bernie have taken? Wisconsin? Michigan,

Holy shit, Trump called Taiwan? Does he even realize what he's done?

https://www.ft.com/content/fd19907e-b8d4-11e6-961e-a1acd97f622d

The telephone call, confirmed by three people, is believed to be the first between a US president-elect and a leader of Taiwan since diplomatic relations between the two were cut in 1979.

Although it is not clear if the Trump transition team intended the conversation to signal a broader change in US policy towards Taiwan, the call is likely to infuriate Beijing which regards the island as a renegade province.

The US has adopted the so-called “One China” policy since 1972 after the Nixon-Mao meetings and in 1978 President Jimmy Carter formally recognised Beijing as the sole government of China, with the US embassy closing in Taipei the year after.

The Trump team did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

“The Chinese leadership will see this as a highly provocative action, of historic proportions,” said Evan Medeiros, former Asia director at the White House national security council.

“Regardless if it was deliberate or accidental, this phone call will fundamentally change China’s perceptions of Trump’s strategic intentions for the negative. With this kind of move, Trump is setting a foundation of enduring mistrust and strategic competition for US-China relations.”

This is mind-blowing. He's going to at some point start a war by being stupid.

Last edited:
Bernie would have been enough of a maverick to win New Hampshire and his true leftist policies would play well there and I also think Michigan would have been a shoe-in. Wisconsin and Pennsylvania's rural voters are where it gets tricky...Florida may have been in play with him as the nominee, perhaps even Ohio.

I really think anybody of merit could have done better. Be it Biden or whomever. The party faithful chose to get out of her way and effectively crown her years in advance and that was obviously a huge mistake. They now just want to look around and blame everyone else other than themselves when the warning signs were constantly telling them this wasn't a bright idea.

But the Democrats never learn and I fear that once again we won't have a Progressive nominee four years down the road.

i'm done pretending like i have any respect for this "progressive" scumbag.

clearly he's gone straight back to his old tricks.

clearly this is not stopping any time soon.

i can't read this sexist, racist shitspew on a daily basis anymore. interference is sadly totally ruined for me because of one horrible poster. i'm quitting, other than to finish out the football pick-em season.

bmp, you can go fuck yourself for being human scum and a total phony. you are the exact opposite of everything you claim to be and you're faker than a story from ryan lochte. fuck you for ruining this place for me after 15 years.

thanks for the memories, to the rest of you. it's been fun.

bye everyone :wave:

a lot of times I read something in here that may get me upset, I have had many undeserved personal attacks. I say undeserved because I do not personally attack others in here,

I don't need to put people on ignore to ignore them, I try not to get drawn into the personal, petty, emotional arguments that some choose to bring in here at times.

If you do take some time off , Trump can be labeled a fascist and we Americans will all be living in a fascist state, because that will be the prevailing FYM consensus without a person willing to stand-up to lazy thinking.

a lot of times I read something in here that may get me upset, I have had many undeserved personal attacks. I say undeserved because I do not personally attack others in here,

No, Saint deep just encourages others to commit suicide. :up:

Can't say who is owed an apology, but I do think that Bernie and his supporters could be owed a thank you by the Trump people

something like, Thanks for beating Hillary like a piñata, and weakening her and her team for the general election. Thanks for making her pander to the BLM people and all those lefty extremists, to drive the working class Dems, over to Trump, thanks for firing up the youth vote so much that Hillary was forced to suck up to them and ignore the bread and butter main stream making Trump a more attractive.

Thanks for doing to Hillary what Ted Kennedy did to Jimmy Carter in 1980.

Last edited:
Pfft. She should be thanking him for bringing enough energy into the party so she didn't lose by even more Electoral votes.

And now that we've seen how much better we can do, there's no need to look back. "Don't stop thinkin' about tomorrow..." :lol:

No, Saint deep just encourages others to commit suicide. :up:

ok, I'll take you off my read but ignore status to say

I vaguely recall a post that I may have written that could have been read that way. ( I am getting older, memory fades)

It seems like it could really bother you.
So, I do sincerely apologize.
That is not a nice way to behave on a discussion board.

This is not the only post I have a problem with, but if I went back and quoted everything I'd like to respond to, I'd be here for hours.

1) Stop with the personal attacks. Everyone.

2) BMP, it'd be a good idea for you to stop speaking about "blacks" as if they're a monolith. Actually, it'd be good for you to stop whitesplaining the problem blacks have, full stop. Casual racism may be seeing a resurgence in the general population, but it will not be tolerated here.

This thread is not about you, and you need to stop making it about your incessant need to relitigate the primaries, and/or gloat about how Hillary lost and it's not your fault. Move on. Frankly, I'm not too thrilled that you've gone back to essentially the same style of posting that lead to your previous time out.

Pfft. She should be thanking him for bringing enough energy into the party so she didn't lose by even more Electoral votes.

And now that we've seen how much better we can do, there's no need to look back. "Don't stop thinkin' about tomorrow..." :lol:

yeah but, but but,
2 million more voters were really "(I'm) with her"

too bad they were all in one state, that she already won by 30 %

ok, I'll take you off my read but ignore status to say

I vaguely recall a post that I may have written that could have been read that way. ( I am getting older, memory fades)

It seems like it could really bother you.

So, I do sincerely apologize.

That is not a nice way to behave on a discussion board.

Accepted :up:

Can't say who is owed an apology, but I do think that Bernie and his supporters could be owed a thank you by the Trump people

something like, Thanks for beating Hillary like a piñata, and weakening her and her team for the general election. Thanks for making her pander to the BLM people and all those lefty extremists, to drive the working class Dems, over to Trump, thanks for firing up the youth vote so much that Hillary was forced to suck up to them and ignore the bread and butter main stream making Trump a more attractive.

Thanks for doing to Hillary what Ted Kennedy did to Jimmy Carter in 1980.

this is your first post in months that i've agreed with.

we don't know what would have happened. but it's pretty clear that the me-me-me progressive narcissists hurt Hillary.

what people keep forgetting is that Bernie was going to raise taxes. my taxes were going to go up by, like, $11k a year. i'm progressive enough that i can put that aside and not take my eyes off the goal, which is defeating Trump. but i don't think a lot of the educated, upper-middle-class, fiscally conservative, socially moderate voters that Hillary won big would have been quite as persuadable when faced with huge tax increases (witness the meltdown over Obamacare premiums).

raising taxes goes over really well with the white working class as well. so well. they've already had the Bernie kids screaming at them to CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE -- what's a tax increase on top of that, especially if the Berner kids get free college and pot as well?

Last edited:
raising taxes goes over really well with the white working class as well. so well. they've already had the Bernie kids screaming at them to CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE -- what's a tax increase on top of that, especially if the Berner kids get free college and pot as well?

I think there is a danger in the line of thinking that the "kids" are entitled and shouldn't presume to know what older generations deserve. That's the same type of Baby Boomer mentality that is now bankrupting cities and states with their mammoth pension system etc: basically we earned it, now all you youngsters need to do the same.

As for the taxes: raises are going to be necessary if any of the socio-economic platforms of the "left" are ever to be realized. It means some of us might have to make a few less trips to Restoration Hardware or whatever if we are really serious about change. Because it's not just about youthful entitlement. The more debt that gets piled on young people, the more fucked our economy is in the long-run.

I think there is a danger in the line of thinking that the "kids" are entitled and shouldn't presume to know what older generations deserve. That's the same type of Baby Boomer mentality that is now bankrupting cities and states with their mammoth pension system etc: basically we earned it, now all you youngsters need to do the same.

As for the taxes: raises are going to be necessary if any of the socio-economic platforms of the "left" are ever to be realized. It means some of us might have to make a few less trips to Restoration Hardware or whatever if we are really serious about change. Because it's not just about youthful entitlement. The more debt that gets piled on young people, the more fucked our economy is in the long-run.

I'm viewing this from an electoral culture war standpoint -- that Bernie somehow came with no baggage. This is not my opinion.

Taxes will have to go up. Not all kids are entitled.

But these two thoughts are not likely to be believed by the very people someone is claiming would have followed Sanders into the light of progressive politics.

Can't argue with any of this.

I wish 'splainin and the accusations of 'splainin weren't such a thing now in social media :madwife:

Yep. Either that, or he'll wage war because some world leader was meeeeeeeeeean to him, and go on an epic Twitter rant about it besides.

But yeah. Nothing wrong with these scenarios at all. Nope.

I'm sure the Trumpeteers will just say that he is bold in trying to shift policy.

Here's the thing: he wasn't knowingly trying to shift policy. He's just, as usual, being willfully ignorant about a situation.

And also maybe perhaps not totally unrelated to the fact that the Trump org has stated its intention to expand to Taiwan soon.

#draintheswamp

afd8e7b87856b9f32b666e8547dd50e8.jpg

I'm not sure how you got that from my post. I'm not talking about bias in a poll, or creating a random sample.

I'm talking about the simple fact of getting people to actually answer polls. The ability to effectively reach all demographics is fading, and quickly. On the state level it's even more of a factor.

Yes, what you're describing is called statistical bias. That's exactly what that is.

I wish 'splainin and the accusations of 'splainin weren't such a thing now in social media :madwife:

In general I agree, but what BMP is doing, and what I'm forced to see because people keep feeding the troll by quoting him, despite my desire to not see a host of racist / sexist drivel every time I come in this thread, really is 'splaining. There ARE times when people are racist. There ARE times when people don't realize they're doing it, and it SHOULD be pointed out in those times. This is one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom