Trump General Discusion II - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #241
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
An actor attacking a nationally elected Republican leader at the theater. A real history lesson last night.
As opposed to a nationally elected douchebag attacking, well, everyone who doesn't agree with him over Twitter?

Yea, but no... what happened to Pence last night is almost the same thing as what happened to Lincoln.

Great comparison !

Old 11-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #242
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
An actor attacking a nationally elected Republican leader at the theater. A real history lesson last night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1479609775.803091.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	10993

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 11-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #243
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Attachment 10993

Why do republicans love a federalist, big government loving, black supporting lawyer and member of the United States congress from Illinois?

Makes me wonder... sports team politics.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:56 PM   #244
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Why do republicans love a federalist, big government loving, black supporting lawyer and member of the United States congress from Illinois?

If memory serves me correct, Hillary was the one who used Abraham Lincoln to deflect from her public/private duplicity in the most pathetic moment in Presidential Debate history.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #245
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
If memory serves me correct, Hillary was the one who used Abraham Lincoln to deflect from her public/private duplicity in the most pathetic moment in Presidential Debate history.

Pfft don't look at me to defend her. Dunno what you're referring to and I don't really care, because I was never really a staunch Clinton supporter. I've always just been disgusted and insulted by the lack of intellect Trump thinks people have in this country. And the lack of respect he has for people.

But don't back away from the point at hand. Other than namesake, what is modern-day Republican about Abraham Lincoln? As far as I'm concerned, it was your representative ideology that assassinated the man.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1479611146.591482.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	10994

Old 11-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #247
The Male

Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
the most pathetic moment in Presidential Debate history
Trump has at least the top 5 of these. Hillary can have #6.

Debate #2 was collectively the worst American Presidential debate of all time, though I feel like I'm being generous even calling it a debate.

Now.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #248
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Attachment 10994

Nope, don't care about your failed point here. And don't like that you just purposely tried to evade the point twice now. Address it, stop hiding.

This was like when Trump started talking about shit Bill Clinton did instead of owning up to his behavior.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #249
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:26 PM
You know shortly after the election I thought let him build his stupid wall. A massive, 100ft concrete monster that would be so completely ineffective and cost an insane amount of money to build and maintain paid for by Americans, not Mexicans. Not by the rich Americans either because they'll be enjoying a tax cut. I thought maybe then Trump supporters would get a clue that the guy is a clueless piece of shit.

But it's clear that it wouldn't detract at all from what his supporters see in him. He could probably spend every last tax dollar on a stupid wall and people would still pat themselves on the back that they were able to keep crooked Hillary out.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #250
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post

Abraham Lincoln was the greatest American President and the first Republican President. That's why Republicans love him.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #251
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
The Republican Party of today wouldn't be fit to shine Lincoln's shoes.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:48 PM   #252
Blue Crack Distributor

This is common knowledge that people learn in elementary school, to pretend Lincoln is a modern day Republican is just sad.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #253
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Pathetic because it was true?

Quote:
*CLINTON SAYS YOU NEED TO HAVE A PRIVATE AND PUBLIC POSITION ON POLICY*
*Clinton: “But If Everybody's Watching, You Know, All Of The Back Room Discussions And The Deals, You Know, Then People Get A Little Nervous, To Say The Least. So, You Need Both A Public And A Private Position."*
CLINTON: You just have to sort of figure out how to -- getting back to that word, "balance" -- how to balance the public and the private efforts that are necessary to be successful, politically, and that's not just a comment about today. That, I think, has probably been true for all of our history, and if you saw the Spielberg movie, Lincoln, and how he was maneuvering and working to get the 13th Amendment passed, and he called one of my favorite predecessors, Secretary Seward, who had been the governor and senator from New York, ran against Lincoln for president, and he told Seward, I need your help to get this done. And Seward called some of his lobbyist friends who knew how to make a deal, and they just kept going at it. I mean, politics is like sausage being made. It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be. But if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position. And finally, I think -- I believe in evidence-based decision making. I want to know what the facts are. I mean, it's like when you guys go into some kind of a deal, you know, are you going to do that development or not, are you going to do that renovation or not, you know, you look at the numbers. You try to figure out what's going to work and what's not going to work.
But this is post-trump America. The truth is for sissies.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #254
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Pathetic because it was true?

But this is post-trump America. The truth is for sissies.

As a rhetorical device in a short form debate it was downright silly. And Trump to his credit came back and said "now you're blaming honest Abe"

Debates are about moments. And that was a big counter-punch that Trump landed to forward the narrative that Hillary will say absolutely anything to protect herself.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:16 PM   #255
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Abraham Lincoln was the greatest American President and the first Republican President. That's why Republicans love him.

What core values does he have that your political party and yourself have that entitle you to enshrine him as the father of your party and the GOAT?