Troops Favor Bush 4-1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iota said:
Wait....only 13% of the military are democrats?

So we have mostly republicans to thank for the actual defense of the country?

Interesting.

Yeah. I know alot of military people, and they are all Republicans.

Sting....just because 60% polled are Republicans that were POLLED, does not mean that throughout the military only 60% are Republicans and 13% are democrats. It means that is the breakdown for the poll. How many were polled? And was it done by Gallup?

I've seen many, many reports that the majority of the military is Republican. Hence, the Republican-skewed numbers in overseas absentee ballots.

Dreadsox said:
Sting....just because 60% polled are Republicans that were POLLED, does not mean that throughout the military only 60% are Republicans and 13% are democrats. It means that is the breakdown for the poll. How many were polled? And was it done by Gallup?

4,165 military personal were polled, this out of a total population of 2.5 million military personal. Consider that national polls by gallup, Zogby, Pew, ABC and others have a sample size of around 1,000 in order to measure a voting population of over 100 milllion!

So the data is accurate, but certainly not a surprise. Ever since 1980, Republicans have invested far more money and given far more support to the military than the democrats have and this is indeed reflected in the poll numbers.

As I have mentioned before, the poll was done by THE MILITARY TIMES which does work and writes for all four service newspapers.

It begs the question - if the troops have that much respect and admiration for the president and his handling of things abroad, while the vast majority of those who oppose him are here at home, only seeing the bad news on TV - what are they seeing that we aren't? And whose assessment is more valid?

STING2:

It's certainly no surprise for another reason (if that's true), I've heared military personal from overseas dosn't get full access to the internet - they just get filtered news, especially Iraq-war critical sites are filtered so that their only informations are provided by their government.

Klaus said:
STING2:

It's certainly no surprise for another reason (if that's true), I've heared military personal from overseas dosn't get full access to the internet - they just get filtered news, especially Iraq-war critical sites are filtered so that their only informations are provided by their government.

Thats totally false, and my friends currently in Iraq can testify to that fact. Not only do they have full access to the internet, but they also have what they call "the secret internet" which has loads of classified information on operations through out the country.

Dreadsox said:
It does not sound like a secret anymore.
:eyebrow:

Secret in the sense that only authorized personal can access it, and the content found there is secret, classified etc. The fact that the network exist though, is not a secret.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well maybe we should listen to them for now on, they can run our country.

I'm saying that the people that know the situation in Iraq better than ANYONE support Bush. I think that says something.

Here are a couple of Bush supporters,
no doubt

Couple allegedly has sex at the Alamo

October 11, 2004

SAN ANTONIO --Tourists at the Alamo saw something besides historical exhibits at the shrine of Texas independence. A couple who witnesses say were having sex Sunday at the downtown mission landed in jail, according to police.

An Alamo security officer caught the two having sexual intercourse near a public viewing area about 5:30 p.m., a police report stated.

The report said Kristine Nissel, 18, and Matthew Hotard, 19, were partially clad when the officer apprehended them after several tourists watched the couple and became upset.

The pair, both active-duty members of the 232nd Medical Battalion stationed at Fort Sam Houston, were charged with public lewdness, according to the San Antonio Express-News' Monday editions. Bond was set for each at $800.

iota said:
And that's relevant to the discussion .....how?

Because it's hilarious.

(And because the couple are on active duty, which I guess is somehow related to some post somewhere.)

Dreadsox said:

Ummm....who told you about that incident?:reject:

I would answer this question, but the last time I slagged off someone's relatives in this forum, the results were disastrous.

speedracer said:

I would answer this question, but the last time I slagged off someone's relatives in this forum, the results were disastrous.

You know my relatives:uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom