tried to kiss a white girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Texas Teens Charged In Brutal Racist Attack

(CBS) SPRING, Texas Two white teenagers severely beat and sodomized a 16-year-old Hispanic boy who they believed had tried to kiss a 12-year-old white girl at a party, authorities said.

At about 11:30 p.m. the victim allegedly tried to kiss the 12-year-old girl who lives at the home where the party was held, KHOU, a CBS affiliate reported. At that point, the attackers forced the boy out of the Saturday night house party, beat him and sodomized him with a metal pipe, shouting epithets "associated with being Hispanic," said Lt. John Martin with the Harris County Sheriff's Department.

They then poured bleach over the boy, apparently to destroy DNA evidence and left him for dead, authorities said. The victim was left in the yard for hours before anyone called for help, KHOU, reported. He wasn't discovered until Sunday, 12 hours after the attack, by one of the youths who attended the party.

"He was severely beaten. Oh, I couldn't believe it. His face was so swollen. Lips, everything. There was just blood everywhere," neighbor Nancy Benavidez told KHOU.

The victim, who was not identified, suffered severe internal injuries and remained in critical condition Thursday.

"It's more than likely the boy won't live," Harris County prosecutor Mike Trent said.

Keith Robert Turner, 17, and David Henry Tuck, 18, are charged with aggravated sexual assault, investigators said. Prosecutors are considering whether to attach hate-crime charges, but unless the victim dies, the possible penalty would be the same. If the boy dies and it is ruled a hate crime, Tuck could face the death penalty, authorities said. Turner would be too young to face execution.

Investigators said Turner and Tuck are showing no remorse, KHOU reported.

The case has been turned over to the homicide division, Martin said, normal procedure in severe assault cases.

Authorities set bond at $100,000 for Turner. Tuck's bond was initially set at $20,000, but it was revoked Thursday. He was being held in the Harris County Jail. Investigators said this isn't the first run in with the law for Tuck, according to KHOU. He's on probation for a cross burning incident in Liberty County.

Spring is a middle-class, largely white suburb of 36,000 residents, located about 10 miles north of the Houston city line.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Hopefully the kid survives.

Sick fuckers!!!

They'll be turned into someone's bitch pretty soon.

That was exactly my sentiment. My anger is sometimes out of control. I mean, I honestly hate Texas. Every time I hear about Texas I want to throw-up. So when I read about these kids, I wanted to beat the shit of them. That isn't exactly the correct response for a pacifist. I don't really want them really to be raped.
When I was a christian and pissed off at someone I would think, "I hope they die and go to hell." Immediately (okay, sometimes not immediately) I'd regret wishing someone such a horrible experience.

I love Texas, But like any place in the world, they have some fucked up people.

blueyedpoet said:

That was exactly my sentiment. My anger is sometimes out of control. I mean, I honestly hate Texas. Every time I hear about Texas I want to throw-up.

Yeah, TX gets a bad rep these days...I'm from TX, and it's funny the wide range of reactions I get when I tell people.

Spring is a very affluent suburb of Houston.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yeah, TX gets a bad rep these days...I'm from TX, and it's funny the wide range of reactions I get when I tell people.

Spring is a very affluent suburb of Houston.

My feelings about Texas stem from several things: 1) I experienced a really, awful incident with an extended family member in League City (near Houston I believe); 2) Bush; 3) Bush

blueyedpoet said:

My feelings about Texas stem from several things: 1) I experienced a really, awful incident with an extended family member in League City (near Houston I believe); 2) Bush; 3) Bush

Well dont forget California had Nixon.

it's funny, because i was well into the second paragraph when i went back to the beginning and saw that is was texas. my first thought was "that figures, no tolerance there". :tsk: and i hate that i have those judgments about those states.

What I dont understand is how people can bash a state, when every state and country has people like these teenagers. So lay off the I hate texas!!

That is so sick I have no words. Sometimes I really can't bear to read the news.

But Texas ain't all bad. I spend a fair amount of time in a weird and wonderful little town in West Texas called Marfa.

blueyedpoet said:

Yeah, I don't consider Bush a Texan, he fucked it up, but he wasn't really from here.

Justin24 said:
What I dont understand is how people can bash a state, when every state and country has people like these teenagers. So lay off the I hate texas!!

Honestly, it has more to do with personal issues than Bush. Bush is my scapegoat concerning Texas.

Justin24 said:
well Bush seems to be the Scapegoat for everything these days.

No, he is responsible for taking America to war; he is partly responsible for soaring energy costs; he is responsible for stirring up more hatred for the homosexual community; he is responsible for not giving a shit about the after-effects of Katrina; he is responsible for allowing a CIA operative's name to be leaked (a treasonous act, according to his dad a few years ago); he is responsible for lying to Congress and the American people about Iraqi intelligence; however, he is not responsible for my distaste for Texas (minus Dallas).
Is Bush guilty of beating up this 16-year old? Not directly. Nevertheless, his administration's philosophy has created an anti-tolerant environment in this country.

I mean seriously. You put up a post about teen's who beat up a hispanic teen and this is a "hate crime"

Then you go on and say "oh typical heterosexual males that are christians most likely, which then puts you in a position they are in.

blueyedpoet said:

Is Bush guilty of beating up this 16-year old? Not directly. Nevertheless, his administration's philosophy has created an anti-tolerant environment in this country.

You may feel that way in Southern CA, which I find to be a little more conservative. If you come up to the Bay Area it is totaly different.

Is it a hate crime to suggest that conservative christian heterosexual (most likely sexually repressed) males are responsible for a good deal of hate crimes?

Justin24 said:

You may feel that way in Southern CA, which I find to be a little more conservative. If you come up to the Bay Area it is totaly different.

The Bay area does rock my soaks off.

Saw U2 in Oakland and San Jose!

Obviously there are cities or examples where the Bush administration hasn't been as successful in fostering hate.

Is it just a hate crime if a white christian male does it. What about african american christians who beat up hispanics or christian hispanics that beat up asians. Hate crimes fall on everyone it should not be pinned on one race.

Why not just call it assult, or should we be PC.

Justin24 said:
Is it just a hate crime if a white christian male does it. What about african american christians who beat up hispanics or christian hispanics that beat up asians. Hate crimes fall on everyone it should not be pinned on one race.

Why not just call it assult, or should we be PC.

When anyone attacks another because that other person is "different" it's a hate crime.

A black person beating up an Asian because the person is Asian is a hate crime. A Jewish person beating up a black person is a hate crime. And, this news story is an example of a hate crime.

The Oakland crowd was much better than the San Jose crowd. I guess less Apple nerds were in Oakland.

Back
Top Bottom