tried to kiss a white girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL Oakland knows how to kick it. ok back to the subject. But you see the Evil media always says " a black male was beaten up by a white male and it has been reported as a hate crime."

"an asian man was beaten up by a african american man and assult charges are being filed."

do you see the difference??

charge everyone equally.

Everyone should be charged equally. And, if people in the media are guilty of portraying events differently then shame on them.
The crime has to be a result of hatred, though, in order to be a hate crime.

He's on probation for a cross burning incident in Liberty County

nice huh? a KKK kid. thats what you get for burning crosses = free speech.

I´m against death penalty - also in that case. hope he goes to jail for the rest of his life - but we will see.. after all, he´s white. ever read john grisham´s "the jury"?

deep said:
I am sure they learned their "family values" with a straight, conservative upbringing.

I really fucking resent this comment.

Justin24 said:
What I dont understand is how people can bash a state, when every state and country has people like these teenagers. So lay off the I hate texas!!

Isnt that the truth...hate knows no stateline.:sad:

I kiss a white girl every day.

She's my wife.

And it's why I'm glad I live out here in the blue Pacific.

And it ain't just Texas, folks. It's the whole country that's screwed up. The U.S. has some of the most whacked, conflicted issues of any country in the world when it comes to race, esp. black/white.

Trust me when you've lived in a place where race isn't even an issue it makes it very, very difficult to go back. I dread the day we move back.

and one more thing, to not recognize this as a hate crime is just stupid. If two white kids beat up a Hispanic kid, that's not a hate crime. But when, as reported here, the kids beat him up because he "tried to kiss a white girl" and then make a racial insults while they are doing it, and show no remorse. That's a textbook hate crime.

A little more pissed off than usual at this thread. Hits too close to home.

maycocksean said:
I kiss a white girl every day.

She's my wife.

And it's why I'm glad I live out here in the blue Pacific.

And it ain't just Texas, folks. It's the whole country that's screwed up. The U.S. has some of the most whacked, conflicted issues of any country in the world when it comes to race, esp. black/white.

Trust me when you've lived in a place where race isn't even an issue it makes it very, very difficult to go back. I dread the day we move back.

And we wonder why our public schools are questioning texts' of tolerance?

They're just exercising their Christian right to be intolerant, guys.

Melon

maycocksean said:

All countries have crime. And all countries have hate crimes - it just might not be black/white related :huh:

I saw that on the news last night, I don't understand such pure hate and utter inhumanity towards another human. The news story tried to link it somehow to the immigration issue.

And I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful people in Texas.

One of my sisters is married to someone from El Paso. He's very nice and he's the best thing that ever happened to my sister. Incidentally, he's of Mexican heritage and has taught my sister all sorts of cool things about his culture. She loves to cook, and they have a really good time cooking together.

blueyedpoet said:
I mean, I honestly hate Texas. Every time I hear about Texas I want to throw-up. So when I read about these kids, I wanted to beat the shit of them.

Sounds like a hate crime to me. :|

stammer476 said:

Sounds like a hate crime to me. :|

I have yet to ever engage in a fight with anyone I dislike....and, I've made it clear that my dislike for Texas has more to do with personal reasons.
However, are you really telling me you haven't wanted to beat the shit out of someone who did something terrible? On sept 11, were you really just wanting to smoke hookah with osama rather than beat the shit out of him?

melon said:
They're just exercising their Christian right to be intolerant, guys.
Oh yes, all Christians are intolerant bigots. :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with being Christian. If they were atheists and beat the Hispanic guy up for kissing a white girl, would you say that atheists are intolerant? And where in the original article did it say the boys were Christian? (Real Christians do not burn crosses, BTW) I think you're making assumptions.

I sure hope the victim pulls through.

Sue DeNym said:

This has nothing to do with being Christian. If they were atheists and beat the Hispanic guy up for kissing a white girl, would you say that atheists are intolerant? And where in the original article did it say the boys were Christian? (Real Christians do not burn crosses, BTW) I think you're making assumptions.

I sure hope the victim pulls through.

No one here is suggesting that all Christians are intolerant bigots. However, there are many bigots out there who profess to be Real Christians. Obviously they have done a better job at presenting their views than the people you claim to be real Christians. How is the average Joe or Jane supposed to be able to distinguish between fake Christianity and real Christianity? Maybe "real Christians" should step up and be a little more vocal.

Sue DeNym said:

Someone here made an argument that hate crimes laws/protections for gays would infringe on Christians' right to be intolerant. So I guess someone decided to exercise their right to be intolerant, right?

If people are going to start playing the "slippery slope" game, there's a "slippery slope" when you have "religious exemptions" to intolerance. People are going to start looking for "exemptions" in other places too.

And people die. It's a shame.

Melon

In the end, hatred towards another person cannot be tolerated. Even if the individual, consumed with hate, does not act upon their opinions and attitudes, they must be willing to examine their where their thoughts came from. It is far too damaging to everyone - especially the hateful person - for it to flourish.
I know I've got stuff to work on (thank god for therapy). As Gandhi said best, "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."

blueyedpoet said:

No one here is suggesting that all Christians are intolerant bigots. However, there are many bigots out there who profess to be Real Christians. Obviously they have done a better job at presenting their views than the people you claim to be real Christians. How is the average Joe or Jane supposed to be able to distinguish between fake Christianity and real Christianity? Maybe "real Christians" should step up and be a little more vocal.

Very true. There are alot of people who claim to be Christians, when in fact they use the name "Christian" lightly. It's often a few spreading discord that causes people to view the whole group of Christians as bad.

I think in this situation and really just about any other crime it's an issue of Sin. This world is fallen and is in bondage to sin. Wether or not these 2 criminals were raised with good values, a person makes the decision to do wrong or to do what is right.

One song that really hits me is a song by Todd Agnew called "My Jesus" which talks about how people follow this 'Picture of the american dream' version of Jesus. When really he spent his time with the lowest of the low. He didn't condone their actions but forgave and loved them. This may be a little of topic but it's powerful none the less here are the lyrics to that song.

My Jesus
By:Todd Agnew

Which Jesus do you follow,
Which Jesus do you serve
If Ephesians says to imitate Christ,
Why do you look so much like the world

Cause My Jesus bled and died
He spent His time with thieves and liars,
He loved the poor and accosted the arrogant
So which one do you want to be

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
or do we pray to blessed with with the wealth of this land
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness
Or do we ache for another taste of this world of shifting sands

My Jesus bled and died for my sins
He spent His time with thieves and sluts and liars,
He loved the poor and accosted the rich,
So which one do you want to be

Who is this that You follow,
This picture of the American dream,
If Jesus was here would you walk right by on the other side,
Or fall down and worship at His holy feet
holy
Pretty blue eyes and curly brown hair and a clear complexion,
Is how you see Him as He dies for Your sins,
But the Word says He was battered and scarred
Or did you miss that part,
Sometimes I doubt we'd recognize Him

My Jesus bled and died He spent His time with thieves and the least of
these,
He loved the poor and accosted the comfortable,
So which one do you want to be,
Cause
My Jesus would never be accepted in my church
The blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpet,
But He reaches for the hurting and despises the proud
And,
I think He'd prefer Beale St. to the stained glass crowd
And I know that He can hear me if I cry out loud

I want to be like my Jesus

Not a posterchild for American prosperity,
but like my Jesus
You see I'm tired of living for success and popularity
but I'm not sure what that means to be like
You Jesus
Cause You said to live like You,
love like You but then
You died for me
Can I be like You Jesus?
I wanna be like you Jesus
I wanna be Like my Jesus

By JUAN A. LOZANO
Associated Press Writer

A Hispanic boy who authorities said was viciously attacked and sodomized by two white teens shouting ethnic slurs also suffered cigarette burns on his back and numerous other injuries.

"It looks like they were really trying to kill him and torture him in any way they could," prosecutor Mike Trent said Monday during an initial court appearance for 17-year-old Keith Robert Turner.

Turner and David Henry Tuck, 18, are charged with aggravated sexual assault. Authorities said they have acknowledged their roles in the April 23 attack.

The 17-year-old victim remained in critical condition Monday, Trent said.

"We're hoping since he's lasted this long, he's going to pull through," he said. "Praise God he has made it so far."

The boy was dragged from a gathering at the home of a 12-year-old girl, apparently because he tried to kiss the girl, authorities said.

The attackers stomped on his head with steel-toed boots, poured bleach into a patio-umbrella pole and sodomized him with it, tried to carve something in his chest, and doused his body with bleach, investigators said.

Trent said prosecutors will not label the attack a hate crime under a 2001 state law because that would have no legal effect on possible punishments the defendants could face if convicted.

Turner's court-appointed attorney, John Denninger, declined to comment.

Turner's next court appearance was not immediately set. Tuck made his initial court appearance last week.

Back
Top Bottom