Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I read he died from a single gunshot wound to the chest.

Ugh, what? I have not been keeping up with this case, it's just what I remember reading from a news article. Wow. The way they keep spinning this is ridiculous. From outright lying about who got injured where, to trying to point out completely irrelevant facts about both parties, to even the tone and turning it into a race war. Ugh.

That's a silly law if it's true. Shoot someone in the thigh and they can bleed out in a couple minutes. And in the case of someone mounted on you, aiming for the leg isn't very realistic

What is this supposed to show?

I guess that he kept the hoodie on in the store and was reaching into his pockets? Suspicious behavior?

All of these things are relevant-the pot (as far as whatever the level was contributed to his actions), the injuries to Zimmerman, and the injuries to Trayvon. I fail to see how the 7Eleven video is relevant in any way.

I was going to post about the ABC report but I had other things to do. Epic prejudiced librul fail on my part, I know.

That's a silly law if it's true. Shoot someone in the thigh and they can bleed out in a couple minutes. And in the case of someone mounted on you, aiming for the leg isn't very realistic

Chances are slim if the police and an ambulance arrive. I still think it's better to at least try and avoid a kill-shot wound. Shooting someone in the leg is still a lot less deadly than shooting them right over their heart or in the face. I think gun laws need to be stricter in the training requirements to own a gun--for both the safety of the people using it, and the safety of those that don't. People who do own guns should have to show that they can think clearly in situations where they might need to use it, and that practice will be invaluable to them (in terms of self defense). The people who don't would probably feel a lot more comfortable.

Whether or not guns are legal, some people will always own them. It's better to make sure the people who do things legally are properly prepared so they are safer. Because if to get a gun legally, you're getting a lot of training, and it gives you a massive safety advantage.

And to add on to that, self defense (not with guns, just in general) should be taught in high school gym. I think it's silly that parents have to pay to teach a kid how to disarm an attacker (especially where I grew up--where mugging was pretty common).

Chances are slim if the police and an ambulance arrive.

Except if it severs the femoral artery. That's badnews bears. Unless there was someone on the scene who could help, I doubt anyone could get there fast enough. I like everything else you said

Chances are slim if the police and an ambulance arrive. I still think it's better to at least try and avoid a kill-shot wound. Shooting someone in the leg is still a lot less deadly than shooting them right over their heart or in the face. I think gun laws need to be stricter in the training requirements to own a gun--for both the safety of the people using it, and the safety of those that don't. People who do own guns should have to show that they can think clearly in situations where they might need to use it, and that practice will be invaluable to them (in terms of self defense). The people who don't would probably feel a lot more comfortable.

Whether or not guns are legal, some people will always own them. It's better to make sure the people who do things legally are properly prepared so they are safer. Because if to get a gun legally, you're getting a lot of training, and it gives you a massive safety advantage.

And to add on to that, self defense (not with guns, just in general) should be taught in high school gym. I think it's silly that parents have to pay to teach a kid how to disarm an attacker (especially where I grew up--where mugging was pretty common).

Fully agreed on this. Especially the teaching self-defense stuff.

Yeah. I've always thought if you were aiming anywhere at the chest especially or above, even if you weren't planning on killing them, you know the likelihood of the person dying is pretty good. Not always, of course, some people have made some amazing recoveries from such shootings. But there's important organs in the chest area that, if the bullet hits them just right, will shut down, and those aren't organs you can afford to have shut down.

yahoo.com

Four witnesses in the Trayvon Martin case have changed their stories, some "in ways that may damage" George Zimmerman, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

According to records released last week in the second-degree murder case, the witnesses—all of them neighbors—were interviewed multiple times by police and special prosecutors about what they saw on Feb. 26, the night Zimmerman fatally shot Martin in Sanford, Fla.

Four days after the shooting, one woman told police she "saw two guys running" and then "a fistfight. Just fists. I don't know who was hitting who." But on March 20, she told investigators she saw just one perso.

"I couldn't tell you if it was a man, a woman, a kid, black or white," the woman, "Witness 2," said. "I couldn't tell you because it was dark and because I didn't have my contacts on or glasses. I just know I saw a person out there."

Another witness, who was initially interviewed on March 20, said she saw two people on the ground immediately after the shooting but was not sure who was on top.

But in another interview with investigators six days later, the paper reported, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top.

"I know after seeing the TV of what's happening, comparing their sizes, I think Zimmerman was definitely on top because of his size," the woman, "Witness 12," said.

A third witness, "Witness 6," told police on the night of the shooting that he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style." He said the lighter-skinned man was calling for help. Interviewed later by investigators, he said he was not sure who was calling for help, and was not sure any punches were thrown.

A fourth witness also interviewed on the night of the shooting said he heard the shooting, ran outside, and saw Zimmerman standing with "blood on the back of his head." According to "Witness 13," Zimmerman told him that Martin "was beating up on me, so I had to shoot him."

A month later, the same witness described Zimmerman's demeanor: "[It was] not like 'I can't believe I just shot someone!' It was more like, 'Just tell my wife I shot somebody,' like it was nothing.

Witness statements are unreliable as it is. Reflecting on the events for a week and changing your story is as unreliable as it gets. By then they've been affected by too many outside influences. They're initial recollections are far more reliable

I've ignored this thread up to now because I instinctively knew all along that the way the story was being presented was not what actually happened - and so it has turned out.

Now for a dose of reality:

It was a tough week for racial witch hunters. In fact, it’s been a tough quarter-century for them. Reality keeps knocking the liberal media off its high horse. When they picked up the Trayvon Martin case, hordes of TV dupes donned hoods and said they, too, were all young black kids being murdered by racist vigilantes. Then we find out Zimmerman is some kind of Peruvian Jew and may have had his ass kicked by Trayvon before the shooting, so they drop it. They wanted Dharun Ravi to go jail for ten years for the hate crime of pranking his roommate, but the evidence left him serving 30 days for “colossal insensitivity.” When blacks are randomly assassinated in Oklahoma, the left quickly goes mute when they discover one of the shooters is Cherokee.

When a white couple is raped and dismembered in Knoxville, the media is suddenly deaf, dumb, and blind. When children get gang-raped but the bad guys are Muslim, even the police won’t touch it.

I’ve only listed ten examples but there are dozens and dozens more. This is a great compilation of hate-crime hoaxes from 1993.

So when did we become such complete faggots about everything? The old America had men who built the Empire State Building in under two years—during the Depression—to spite a rival who built the Chrysler Building. Today we are so eager to capitulate, the Twin Towers collapse and we ask, “Why do they hate us?”

When you create a victim culture, you also create a vacuum where opportunistic parasites volunteer to fill the role and reap the rewards.

Leftists want America to be a racist hellhole so badly, they make it so. If we’re going to stampede anyone in the name of racial equality and justice for all, how about we start with them?

My 10 Favorite Hate-Crime Hoaxes - Taki's Magazine

When a white couple is raped and dismembered in Knoxville, the media is suddenly deaf, dumb, and blind.

Right. 'Cause I tell you what, it's been ages since I've seen a story on TV in which a minority person was accused/convicted of committing a crime against white people.

When children get gang-raped but the bad guys are Muslim, even the police won’t touch it.

Depending on where you live it might not make big news headlines, no. But note the first part of that sentence: depending on where you live. Not to mention, um, watch Fox News for a few hours and you'll get a whole different story.

Also, Zimmerman is still in the wrong and Ravi's still a jerk. Sorry.

I've ignored this thread up to now because I instinctively knew all along that the way the story was being presented was not what actually happened - and so it has turned out.

Now for a dose of reality:

My 10 Favorite Hate-Crime Hoaxes - Taki's Magazine

This is REALITY? And what exactly are we suppose to gather from this "reality"? Do we gather that because these people lied that these things don't really happen?

Maybe you should do a little research on your author here. He's admittedly lied in numerous articles and interviews, he explains it's part of his persona, we can tell by his writing that he's an asshole, and he did invent the hipster movement.

In your lifelong attempt to prove that white males are the real victims in life I've seen you embrace and fall for some incredibly shady sources.

Score another one for finance guy! Finance guy 2 - Liberal media sheep 0. That dose of reality really hit 'em hard. You're doing such a fab job with all this investigative journalism :up: I'm so glad to be on your informed team. I can't decide if we're more like the Hardy Boys or the Scooby gang. Where to next? Are your whitey senses tingling?

In your lifelong attempt to prove that white males are the real victims in life I've seen you embrace and fall for some incredibly shady sources.

:applaud: BVS :lol::lol:

omg, i have read bits & pieces of fg's posts over the years... economics themed.
BUT I had no idea tho that he leaned much more to bigotry..

if you fg only did some wider ranged research/ read more stories told by African-Americans that would show you that individual white racists and institutional racism still very much exists in the USA. Living/driving while black is still, often a dicey situation.

i will cite one example...
a study done no more than about 4 years ago cited that black men with a college degree and NO criminal record , are STILL less likely to be hired than HS Grad white men WITH criminal records.

one of the saving graces is that younger ,oh 30 and under white people are at times are more in contact with black people and some of the racism is beginning to diminish because of more acquaintances & friendships etc formed.

As for white men being victims....well, yeah, they can be...BUT
esp in the case of poorer & working class/blue collar white men- they can be victims of waaay richer white men who have been sending good paying jobs- :fist: closing all manner of factories overseas for years andyears now!

:applaud: BVS :lol::lol:

omg, i have read bits & pieces of fg's posts over the years... economics themed.
BUT I had no idea tho that he leaned much more to bigotry..

if you fg only did some wider ranged research/ read more stories told by African-Americans that would show you that individual white racists and institutional racism still very much exists in the USA. Living/driving while black is still, often a dicey situation.

i will cite one example...
a study done no more than about 4 years ago cited that black men with a college degree and NO criminal record , are STILL less likely to be hired than HS Grad white men WITH criminal records.

one of the saving graces is that younger ,oh 30 and under white people are at times are more in contact with black people and some of the racism is beginning to diminish because of more acquaintances & friendships etc formed.

As for white men being victims....well, yeah, they can be...BUT
esp in the case of poorer & working class/blue collar white men- they can be victims of waaay richer white men who have been sending good paying jobs- :fist: closing all manner of factories overseas for years andyears now!

I do not lean to bigotry. I utterly reject your thesis and frankly I am extremely disappointed in your rush to judgement, as I have always respected your posts and perspective on here.

And to be honest, given that you're not a regular here, if you're clapping your hands at BVS, you're clapping hands at FYM's most consistent troll, someone whose posting style and approach to the forum has embarassed even some of the liberals on here.

financeguy said:
I do not lean to bigotry. I utterly reject your thesis and frankly I am extremely disappointed in your rush to judgement, as I have always respected your posts and perspective on here.

And to be honest, given that you're not a regular here, if you're clapping your hands at BVS, you're clapping hands at FYM's most consistent troll, someone whose posting style and approach to the forum has embarassed even some of the liberals on here.

If you find BVS to be a troll, report the offending posts - enough with the personal jabs and public insults.

Zimmerman has had some defenders in here, or some that have said he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Well, based on his own behavior and conversations I would think some may want to reconsider.

"The defendant's wife lied to this court," prosecutor Bernardo de la Rionda told the judge.

Zimmerman has received about $200,000 from anonymous donors to fund his defense, even though his defense lawyer had previously described him as penniless.

The motion to revoke Zimmerman's bond cited transcripts of phone calls he made to his wife from jail. In the calls, which were recorded by the facility, the couple spoke in code about the donated money and Zimmerman instructed his wife to transfer money into her personal account, according to the motion.

"He (Zimmerman) understands the court's concern now we've had a chance to look at it," O'Mara said on Sunday, though he would not speculate about whether Zimmerman's wife might be charged with perjury. "I believe she'll have counsel."

Zimmerman solicited money for his defense through a website, TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com, that has since been taken down. It has been replaced by a new online site for contributions to Zimmerman's defense called gzdefensefund.com.

De La Rionda also told the court that when Zimmerman surrendered his passport to the court at his April 20 bond hearing, he did so knowing that he had a second unexpired passport.

The motion said Zimmerman obtained a passport in 2002. That passport, which expired in May 2012, was the one he turned in to the court during his April bond hearing and his lawyer told the judge it was his only passport.

But prosecutors said Zimmerman in 2004 reported that passport lost or stolen and obtained a new one, which is valid until 2014. Zimmerman also discussed the passport with his wife in one of the recorded calls from jail, the motion said.

He told his wife he thought the passport was in a bag and she replied, "I have one for you in a safety deposit box," the prosecutors said. "OK, you hold onto that," Zimmerman allegedly told her.

Florida shooter George Zimmerman returns to jail | Reuters

Lying to a court is a pretty big deal, it costs you money and time. AND these lies are pretty easy to prove, so why would you risk it?

If you're willing to take this risk, then how difficult is it to imagine you lie to the police when you're life is on the line and the only other person that was there is dead? That lie is much easier and very difficult to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom