Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #901
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 AM
Admittedly I haven't bothered following this case as closely as most of you, but was Zimmerman gainfully employed at the time of this incident? Or was he just doing nothing but playing wannabe cop in his neighbourhood?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #902
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
And his cause for reasonable suspicion is because a teenage boy was wearing a hoodie in the rain?
Well - anyone is allowed to be suspicious of anything.

I reference the clothing as evidence that seems to point that TM had the character of a young man/older teen that desired to be a "gangsta" - and not only did he want to look the part, he wanted to play the part (based on the texts and photos on his phone) - and this is what motivated him to jump the "cracka" Zimmerman - which eventually led to his being shot.

Had TM just told Zimmerman to back off - or had he ignored Zimmerman and went home - there would have been no tragedy. Instead - the evidence supports that he waited for Zimmerman to catch up to him, he jumped him, he broke his nose, and then had him pinned to the ground while continuing the assault. Even though TM's clothing, location, actions led to attracting Zimmerman's attention - it was TM's decision to jump Zimmerman (in a manner which would have brought felony assault charges had both survived the incident) that caused his death.

There is zero evidence that TM was hit by Zimmerman. There is extensive evidence that Zimmerman was hit by TM.

TM had a right to be there that night. He had a right to wear a hoodie. He had a right to wear fake gold teeth. He had a right to be offended for being followed by a "cracka". He had a right to tell Zimmerman to back off. However, he did not have the right to physically assault Zimmerman.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #903
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Had TM just told Zimmerman to back off - or had he ignored Zimmerman and went home - there would have been no tragedy.
Or, you know, had Zimmerman not gotten out of his vehicle and followed him like the police asked him to.

Nowhere in your post did I see any of this tragedy being attributed to Zimmerman. It was all onus on Martin to do this or that or the other thing. Kind of weird.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #904
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Or, you know, had Zimmerman not gotten out of his vehicle and followed him like the police asked him to.

Nowhere in your post did I see any of this tragedy being attributed to Zimmerman. It was all onus on Martin to do this or that or the other thing. Kind of weird.
I agree that Zimmerman shouldn't have gotten out of the car, but he had a legal right to do so. It was unwise - but not criminal.

Martin had a legal right to think Zimmerman was a "cracka". He had a right to verbally confront Zimmerman for following him (again - probably unwise, but not criminal.)

However - the inciting incident, the point of no return, the line in the sand where hypothetical ends and the tragedy begins is when Martin jumped Zimmerman.

Everything up until that point was legally allowed.

Martin became an actual criminal (felony assault) the moment he jumped Zimmerman.

In my mind - there is a huge difference between following someone and reporting to 911 what you see - and felony assault.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #905
Blue Crack Addict

Again, apologies as I'm not as familiar with the facts - how was it established that TM jumped Zimmerman? Eye witness accounts?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #906
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Admittedly I haven't bothered following this case as closely as most of you, but was Zimmerman gainfully employed at the time of this incident? Or was he just doing nothing but playing wannabe cop in his neighbourhood?

to be honest (to borrow a phase)

any objective examination of this case will show that GZ is a worthless person, as an adult he was mooching off of relatives living at this complex in someone's home, he has a police and public record of being violent and striking others, he was thrown out of a 2 year college and barred from going back, I'd like to know why?
A family relation, on her own volition, witness 9, called the Police Dept and said GZ repeatably molested her over many years, up until the time he was over the age 18. She reported that she asked GZ to meet her at a restaurant, she had her parents there, when the meeting began he just said, 'I'm sorry' and walked out. TM's female friend that Limbaugh made sport of had some justification for her concerns.

TM's record? he got suspended from school for having a plastic bag with some marijuana residue

so evaluating these two individuals, if one wanted to be judgmental,
GZ is trash.

GZ refused to take the stand. A Civil case should be perused where he will have to take the stand and testify. This man is trash and a killer.
All of his cheer-leading fans deserve to have the truth spoon fed to them.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #907
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post

Well - anyone is allowed to be suspicious of anything.

I reference the clothing as evidence that seems to point that TM had the character of a young man/older teen that desired to be a "gangsta" - and not only did he want to look the part, he wanted to play the part (based on the texts and photos on his phone) - and this is what motivated him to jump the "cracka" Zimmerman - which eventually led to his being shot.
Woah. You're making some ugly assumptions about Martin based on some pretty slim evidence. Have you seen a picture of Trayvon from that night? He is hardly dressed like a gangsta, wannabe or not.

Quote:
Had TM just told Zimmerman to back off - or had he ignored Zimmerman and went home - there would have been no tragedy. Instead - the evidence supports that he waited for Zimmerman to catch up to him, he jumped him, he broke his nose, and then had him pinned to the ground while continuing the assault.
The evidence supports? How do you know Trayvon didn't tell Zimmerman to back off? How do you know that he didn't try to ignore Zimmerman but got increasingly concerned for his safety when the guy wouldn't stop tailing him (something that the evidence, such as it is, doesn't shed any light on)? Oh, that's right, because the only version of events we have is Zimmerman's version, because Trayvon is dead.

Quote:
Even though TM's clothing, location, actions led to attracting Zimmerman's attention - it was TM's decision to jump Zimmerman (in a manner which would have brought felony assault charges had both survived the incident) that caused his death.
It's Trayvon's fault that he got shot? Lovely.

Quote:
There is zero evidence that TM was hit by Zimmerman. There is extensive evidence that Zimmerman was hit by TM.
The first person to throw a punch isn't necessarily the one who started the confrontation.

Quote:
However, he did not have the right to physically assault Zimmerman.
On that we are agreed. But I don't agree with a law that finds Zimmerman has the right to incorrectly profile an innocent kid, tail him on a rainy night, (ignoring police dispatch in the process), and then shoot and kill the kid when the kid gets the better of him in a fight - and then not suffer any legal consequences for that action.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #908
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Again, apologies as I'm not as familiar with the facts - how was it established that TM jumped Zimmerman? Eye witness accounts?
there are very few facts, many things are being reported as facts by people that have bias.
We all have bias and must admit that so the bias can be identified and challenged to try for objectivity.

as for admitted evidence? jesus, some people think it is the same as facts.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #909
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
All of his cheer-leading fans deserve to have the truth spoon fed to them.
Hey Deep,

I don't think Zimmerman has that many "fans" - I just don't think he's guilty of murder in this case.

I am also contending that Martin played a critical part in this tragedy. You simply cannot jump someone in a civil society because you don't like what they're doing. Not only is it illegal - there's no way of predicting how far the fight will escalate. What if Zimmerman was some sort of MMA guru and broke Martin's neck? What if Zimmerman received a concussion and died of a brain hemorrhage? What if Zimmerman had a concealed weapon....oh wait...

You see - there's no way of predicting how a physical confrontation will end. Violence begets more violence more often than not. And in this case - the violence was initiated by Martin.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #910
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
there are very few facts, many things are being reported as facts by people that have bias.
We all have bias and must admit that so the bias can be identified and challenged to try for objectivity.

as for admitted evidence? jesus, some people think it is the same as facts.
True - I think we blurred the line between facts and evidence for the sake of the discussion.

There is no "evidence" that Zimmerman ever struck Martin. There is plenty of "evidence" that Martin struck Zimmerman.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #911
Blue Crack Addict

OJ got the correct verdict in the criminal case, not guilty based on the prosecution and evidence. He did not take the stand, his right. So be it. Some people believe 'justice' was not served. The Goldman and Brown family got a Civil Case where OJ was compelled to take the stand, with preponderance of evidence he was found guilty.

So my question to you. Would you support a Civil Case against GZ so the Martin family can have GZ compelled to take the stand and testify?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #912
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
OJ got the correct verdict in the criminal case, not guilty based on the prosecution and evidence. He did not take the stand, his right. So be it. Some people believe 'justice' was not served. The Goldman and Brown family got a Civil Case where OJ was compelled to take the stand, with preponderance of evidence he was found guilty.

So my question to you. Would you support a Civil Case against GZ so the Martin family can have GZ compelled to take the stand and testify?
I'm not a legal expert - so I'll let our resident lawyers handle this.

From my own - non-lawyer perspective - I've always thought a Civil Case after a jury trial is a bit like double jeopardy, even for OJ Simpson.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #913
Blue Crack Addict

you do realize it is just for damages and not criminal charges, so no double jeopardy at all.
the state can not bring charges again.
If a person was successful in defending against a civil case first, should they have grounds to say the state can not charge and try them criminally?

I think we all agree that if the U S legal system if working properly, people that commit crimes have a real chance of walking away scot-free,

surprising that you think OJ should have walked completely with no repercussions at all.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #914
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

surprising that you think OJ should have walked completely with no repercussions at all.
Don't get me wrong - I think OJ is guilty of murder. But I did agree with the jury - there was reasonable doubt because of the tainted evidence.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #915
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
you do realize it is just for damages and not criminal charges, so no double jeopardy at all.
Sure - different penalties, different system - I get all that. It just seems to me that once someone is acquitted - they're acquitted across the board (unless new evidence comes to light).

Again, this is my non-lawyer opinion. I would just hope that if I was accused falsely of a crime - then acquitted - that I wouldn't have to keep defending myself again and again and again for the same "act".

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin