Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #781
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I think Aeon means it as "to take a punch" ie, get hit with one. Somewhere in or around the kisser
Yes, thank you.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #782
The Fly

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post

Yes, thank you.
Ok. Understand it now. Thanks.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #783
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:12 PM
Rush spent three hours today talking about this case and how it wasn't about race, it was about the fear of a gay rapist. Martin beat Zimmerman because he thought he was going to get raped by a GAY man. He had to emphasize GAY as much as he could. He took something that the phone witness said on Piers Morgan last night and twisted into a bigot's wet dream. What was pathetic was that his listeners salivated over this theory.

The politicization of this case on both sides makes me sick...
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #784
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:12 PM
Rush gets money for being heard. Don't listen.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #785
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Rush spent three hours today talking about this case and how it wasn't about race, it was about the fear of a gay rapist. Martin beat Zimmerman because he thought he was going to get raped by a GAY man. He had to emphasize GAY as much as he could. He took something that the phone witness said on Piers Morgan last night and twisted into a bigot's wet dream. What was pathetic was that his listeners salivated over this theory.

I mean that's just some of the most asinine things I have ever heard, but considering the source, I'm hardly surprised.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #786
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:12 PM
Sensationalizing yet another factoid from the case. It was reported elsewhere, but I think it goes to the credibility of the witness - it seemed so out of place
Old 07-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #787
Blue Crack Distributor

So wait... so Martin committed the hate crime? I'm so confused.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #788
The Fly

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

Rush is an idiot. However I wonder if Rachel Jeantel did plant fear into Trayvon's mind by saying he could be a rapist. Could've been a motive but unlikely.

The politicization continues. Rush saying Trayvon was homophobic.

Yesterday, Bernie de la Rionda said Zimmerman was a coward for not testifying. Angela Corey called him a murderer. Seems they are sore losers for doing a terrible job and do not respect the jury.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #789
Refugee

If I hear another celebrity bitch about the verdict I'm going to lose it
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #790
ONE
love, blood, life

Rachel Jeantel is an idiot. It takes me about an hour after hearing her speak for all the idiot residue to wash off my brain so I can start thinking straight again
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #791
Refugee

MLK's niece on viral hoodie image: 'Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would not wear a hoodie'

Quote:
The niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. says she is not a fan of the viral image of her uncle wearing a hoodie in support of Trayvon Martin. The image, created by artist Nikkolas Smith and spread widely by activist Van Jones on Twitter, shows a contemplative King wearing the garment, which has become a symbol of support for the slain 17-year-old.

“I can almost promise you Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would not wear a hoodie,” said Alveda King on the Andrea Tantaros radio show Tuesday when asked about the image. Alveda King is a former state representative in Georgia and a right-wing anti-abortion activist and minister.

King said she and two of her cousins are calling on Americans not to “fight or debate” about the case, which she thinks did not raise any significant racial issues. The 29-year-old neighborhood watchman who shot the unarmed Martin, George Zimmerman, was acquitted of all charges against him on Saturday. Zimmerman is half Hispanic, Martin was black. “You've got two grieving and hurting families,” King said, before quoting her uncle. “We all need to live together as brothers.”

Tantaros asked King if she had seen the hoodie photo. “What do you think of this image? And what would your uncle think?” she asked.

“Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would very likely not wear a hoodie,” she said. “I can assure you he would not wear sagging pants. I don't even think I’ve ever even seen his sons with sagging pants.” King then said the verdict had been reached and that Americans must accept it, before adding again, seemingly agitated, “I can almost promise you Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would not wear a hoodie.“
Marines are taught Combat Hunter, which is a program that teaches how to spot dangerous people and track targets, etc. Profiling is a big part of it, and there's no room for political correctness. Now everyone profiles everyone subconsciously, most people just suck at it. To those that know how to do it, how you look, act, and dress are powerful heuristic indicators. But that doesn't have to do anything with the color or someones skin.

Walking around with a hood up suggests you don't want to be seen/recognized/attract attention. Combine that with the fact that there's been recent burglaries in that very area, and its dark out. That makes you suspicious, from a professional standpoint. I'm not saying that Zimmerman in any way professionally knew how to profile someone, but the fact is that if I were in his shoes, I would agree with him. It wouldn't make a difference to me if he were white black brown or purple. (well maybe if he was purple) And I don't think it would have made a difference to Zimmerman either.

In fact, didn't Zimmerman not even know Trayvon was black when he initially made the 9/11 call to report him?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #792
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
Walking around with a hood up suggests you don't want to be seen/recognized/attract attention.
Hoods are also effective against rain.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #793
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
They also keep your head warm.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #794
Refugee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
They also keep your head warm.
Clearly missing my point. I'm not saying that's why he had his hood up... but what things like that can look like to someone else.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #795
Blue Crack Supplier

Wow, MLK's niece?

What authority.

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin