Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #751
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:40 PM
I would go so far at to say Martin's age had much more to do with him being followed than his race. Sure, he fit the description of black teenagers who had previously been causing trouble, but a middle aged black man would more than likely have not raised an eyebrow. A teenaged white kid? Possibly. Is it not an age old tradition for middle aged folks and older to "not like the looks of those teenagers"?

Just a thought

Old 07-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #752
Blue Crack Distributor

The two houses Martin was standing between had both been broken into in the months before the incident. The suspects were young black males. The housing development it's self has 200 houses, yet 400 calls to the police in the previous year.

Sometimes its not some grand racist conspiracy. Sometimes it's just an awful tragedy.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #753
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:40 PM
It's possible - I would say probable, even - that Zimmerman acted on racial assumptions that Martin was a potential danger because of his skin color. That doesn't make him a KKK-style racist who set out with the intent to kill a black man. There are shades of racial tension here - it's not as easy as saying that race was or wasn't a prime factor in what happened. That said, I still find it very hard to believe that this situation would have transpired as it did if Martin were a white kid.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #754
Blue Crack Distributor

If the suspect was Asian, and he targeted a black kid... THAT would be racist.

Could George Zimmerman be racist? Yea, he could. There's zero evidence to point to that, but he could be. Did he find Martin suspicious only because he's black? Maybe... or maybe it's because he fit the description of suspects in robberies that occurred at the houses he was standing next to... which just happened to be young black males.

I really don't know what's in George Zimmerman's heart and head. All I can go by is the evidence. And all of the evidence says that this was simply a tragic, horrible incident.

Its still comes back to the gun. It's too easy to have a gun in Florida. Plain and simple. THAT is, and always has been, the issue here.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #755
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I won't quote anything specific because said poster is notorious for flying off the handle.
All of this points to someone who has spent way too much time tied to the case. 40 plus hours watching a televised court case... not healthy. go outside. Stop obsessing over it.
Why don't you just drop the personal agenda. It's fucking tiresome, but I guess it's how you get your jollies somehow? I know the type, to use your lovely phrase.

I'm interested in it, and I don't have to justify that to anyone here-least of all you. Do you ever get outside? Because you're certainly on Interference WAY more than I am (I have a job, family commitments, and much more. And a lack of interest), holding the feet of your selected targets to the fire on a daily and hourly basis. Patrolling the neighborhood of FYM. You are "notorious" for that. That and spreading your obsession with religion all over FYM. Not healthy, go outside. Stop obsessing over it. You are far more obsessed with religion than any Christian, or person of any other denomination, than I have ever met.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #756
ONE
love, blood, life

Hey guys, remember when I mentioned someone flying off the handle?

Weren't you told me put me on ignore the time before the last time you lost it?

And I've got some news for you since you want to play that game: arithmetic alone proves you're on here way more than I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
You are far more obsessed with religion than any Christian, or person of any other denomination, than I have ever met.
More so than one who attends church every Sunday? Sounds like a hollow taunt to me. Nice to hear you believe thinking about religion too much is unhealthy though. You're coming around!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #757
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Hey guys, remember when I mentioned someone flying off the handle?

Weren't you told me put me on ignore the time before the last time you lost it?

And I've got some news for you since you want to play that game: arithmetic alone proves you're on here way more than I am

More so than one who attends church every Sunday? Sounds like a hollow taunt to me. Nice to hear you believe thinking about religion too much is unhealthy though. You're coming around!
JT, your previous call out of MrsS was antagonistic and completely unnecessary, and you know it. Don't try and frame it as if this is purely MrsS's problem cause you've done nothing wrong.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #758
ONE
love, blood, life

At least I'm on topic

Anyway, back to the verdict
Old 07-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #759
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Could George Zimmerman be racist? Yea, he could. There's zero evidence to point to that, but he could be.
Didn't he refer to Martin as a 'coon' in the 911 call? (I'm aware there have been different interpretations to what had been said, however)
Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #760
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post

Didn't he refer to Martin as a 'coon' in the 911 call? (I'm aware there have been different interpretations to what had been said, however)
Uhh I think that was a myth.
However Martin did refer to Zimmerman as a creepy ass cracker.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #761
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone made note of Zimmerman's past misdemeanours, ie. abuse and confrontations with police?

Whilst not necessarily related to this tragic case, I thought it deserved a side mention.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #762
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Juror on Anderson Cooper said the initial vote was 3-2-1.
3 Not Guilty, 2 for Manslaughter and 1 for 2nd Degree Murder.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #763
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Juror on Anderson Cooper said the initial vote was 3-2-1.
3 Not Guilty, 2 for Manslaughter and 1 for 2nd Degree Murder.
I watched that interview a little while ago. Very insightful. The juror came across as intelligent and empathetic. She seemed to agree (as most of us do) that Zimmerman should not have gotten out of the car. However, she did not think there was enough evidence to convict him of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter.

One thing I did not catch before, the dispatcher asked Zimmerman, "where did he go?" - and this led (perhaps) to Zimmerman getting out of the car to see.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #764
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Sometimes its not some grand racist conspiracy. Sometimes it's just an awful tragedy.
Did you read the article he posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
It's possible - I would say probable, even - that Zimmerman acted on racial assumptions that Martin was a potential danger because of his skin color. That doesn't make him a KKK-style racist who set out with the intent to kill a black man. There are shades of racial tension here - it's not as easy as saying that race was or wasn't a prime factor in what happened. That said, I still find it very hard to believe that this situation would have transpired as it did if Martin were a white kid.
Agreed. I don't think that the gun issue is something to be ignored and I don't think this is a racist issue, but I think you're being a wee bit ignorant if you don't think that his skin color raised flags with Zimmerman.

Now, granted, he did fit the description, I get that.

That also goes back to the fact that Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car, never taken the law into his own hands and never followed Martin.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #765
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
However Martin did refer to Zimmerman as a creepy ass cracker.
That's not profiling though....

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin