Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Gingrich, Romney, Santorum discuss Trayvon Martin - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

can't make up my mind what to think of that ^

this case from the first day I heard about it has been mind-boggling to me.

the first day, I thought ok, perhaps this kid was trespassing, when I was a kid I cut through peoples yards all the time, I would climb fences, hop walls, even disable gates to make a 'short cut'.

it had been called a 'gate guarded' community, did he sneak in?

the police did a alcohol and drug test on the kid, he was as clean as new nun.

no medical marijuana, no chronic he got from his boys in the hood, he didn't steal a beer out of the fridge, all of those things are not uncommon for kids his age. if any of that had happened, I am sure many would be calling him a 'law-breaker' and saying that the watch captain, spotted a trouble maker

the police did not check Zimmerman for drugs or alcohol. did not take his gun, check it for finger prints, the 'blood' Zimmerman has on himself, was it his or the kids? did they check Zimmerman's vehicle?

as for the hoodie, the million hoodie march, jesus christ. please just stop!
that is one of the stupidest things brought up in this case.

i am an older white man in The O C, I wear a black hoodie, when its cold or raining, sometimes I wear a beanie, knit cap.

the kid just as easily could have been wearing a beanie in the rain, he would have still got shot.
will somebody please shoot The Edge.
and then give him a drug and alcohol test.

Quick, somebody shoot this gang banger, looks like a weapon in the hand, a detonator in right hand and fuel bomb in left hand for sure, and if not? her fault for faking it.

definitely a weapon in the waistband or pockets, better to shoot first and ask questions later. better to be judged by a jury of my peers, than be carried by six ! ! !

Old 03-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
i am an older white man in The O C, I wear a black hoodie, when its cold or raining, sometimes I wear a beanie, knit cap.

the kid just as easily could have been wearing a beanie in the rain, he would have still got shot.
will somebody please shoot The Edge.
and then give him a drug and alcohol test.
I know you're mostly kidding, but this has got to be one of the most retarded leaps in logic I've ever read (then brought around to a pointless U2 reference for good measure)

Old 03-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #63
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, March 23
Quote:
We’d had “the talk” before. Now I had another reason to have the father-son chat: The fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old black boy in Florida.

Miles had heard snippets about the tragedy, which occurred in a Florida town 30 miles from where he was born. He knew that Trayvon, wearing a hoodie and packing a cellphone, a bag of Skittles and an Arizona tea, had been unarmed. He learned that the shooter, George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, had claimed self-defense and remains free.

This tragic incident is a parent’s nightmare. It cuts deeper, though, and its sting lingers for parents who aim to protect, insulate and prepare their sons for a reality they must shoulder: Being a young black man in America.

So “the talk” focuses on survival. Dads, especially, pass on a healthy paranoia steeped in practicality, designed as a lifesaver. These are the kinds of things we impress upon sons: Be aware of your surroundings. Keep your hands in full view when approached by police. “Yes sir” and “No sir” answers are givens. Know situations will arise in which you’re treated suspiciously, with skepticism, simply because you’re young, black and male. Accept the fact that, for some, your color will trigger the worst stereotypical imagery, some of which your peers sadly personify and perfect. Thief. Carjacker. Home invader. A menace to society warranting extermination. Understand these things fathers preach. Carry yourself with confidence, above reproach. Be smart. Watch your back. Don’t press to have the last word. Avoid dust-ups.

Sometimes before the talk ends, dads might share personal stories of their younger days, before the hair grayed. How, when we were teen drivers, cops would occasionally follow us and sometimes stop us. How occupants in a passing car might yell the n-word. How high school players on an opposing team might utter that same word under their breath to mess with our psyches. And while these experiences aren’t societal norms, they occur. They happen enough to give the impression that ignorance and hate thrive in the 21st century. And yes, it’s a double-edged sword.

The Trayvon Martin tragedy has ignited a national debate on racism, self-defense and relationships between blacks and police. Then there are the self-defense laws in Florida and Georgia that say a person being attacked has no duty to retreat before opening fire. Laws such as these render “the talk” vital. White boys who wear hoodies and eat Skittles don’t routinely get shot to death. Black boys do. We have to let our young men know they are Trayvon Martin. And he has been silenced.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #64
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Numerous cities will have demonstrations calling for justice for Trayvon Martin this weekend--I know of a couple in Chicago, and one in Cleveland, all early this evening; Monday afternoon we plan on taking our kids to the one in Indianapolis, there's one in Detroit that evening too. That's just the Great Lakes Midwest, I assume there'll be demonstrations in many other places as well.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 03-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

some people just don't get it

we live in post-racial America, white America elected a black president, Obama would not be president with out white folks voting for him.

slavery and jim crow is illegal and has been over for decades, why are people still trying to exploit it?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

A Mom's Advice To Her Young, Black Sons : NPR

I listened to that yesterday,

I know it's true and real.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I know you're mostly kidding, but this has got to be one of the most retarded leaps in logic I've ever read (then brought around to a pointless U2 reference for good measure)
what?

do you think if Trayvon did not have his hood up and was wearing a beanie in the rain,
he would not look like he was on drugs, and a f*cking coon?

hoodie, beanie, ball cap

Old 03-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I really the internet.

I present to you Geraldo in a Hoodie.

Geraldo in a Hoodie
Old 03-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

and baggy pants,
I always thought he was affiliated
I bet he is with one of the cartels, explains why he is still on the air.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
what?
It was more the "he wore a hoodie in the rain, I wear a beanie in the rain, edge wears a beanie, let's shoot edge" retardation I was referring to.

By the way, who intentionally wears wool in the rain??? Weirdo
Old 03-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Notice the holy aura he's emitting around him?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #72
Blue Crack Supplier

Bruce Springsteen "American skin (41 shots)" Subtitulado - YouTube

41 shots and
Lena gets her son ready for school
She says "on these streets, Charles
You've got to understand the rules
If an officer stops you
Promise me you'll always be polite,
that you'll never ever run away
Promise Mama you'll keep your hands in sight"
Old 03-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

I almost wrote American skin, two or three times today.
Trayvon could take his hoodie off, but he would still be wearing his American skin. And if you listen closely or not to the Zimmerman 4 minute 911 call, it really was the American skin that caught his eye.

The only real safe way yo wear American Skin, is naked in chains.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:20 AM
Wow. The GOP candidates actually said something reasonable for once. Obama's words were good, too.

That piece yolland shared from that Atlanta paper makes me so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
I tried to avoid listening to the tapes the transcripts alone were difficult to read but then I heard the tape on the nightly news and I instantly had tears in my eyes. I find everything about this murder horrific and disturbing. I think the "Stand your Ground" law is a stupid, senseless law that should have never passed. I also just found out that Georgia has a similar law.
I heard them on the news, too. And agreed on the "Stand your Ground" law-I don't know if my state has one or not. I should look into that.

Also, Geraldo Rivera's an idiot (but I'm sure that's not news to anyone here). Yes, because what you wear is just crying out for people to suspect you and attack you.

trojanchick, thank you for that picture . Oh, Geraldo.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

And New Gingrich just called President Obama's remarks on Trayvon Martin "disgraceful".

Gingrich is denying that Trayvon's murder was related to his race.

Quote:
“Is the president suggesting that if it had been a white who had been shot, that would be OK because it didn’t look like him. That’s just nonsense dividing this country up. It is a tragedy this young man was shot. It would have been a tragedy if he had been Puerto Rican or Cuban or if he had been white or if he had been Asian American of if he’d been a Native American. At some point, we ought to talk about being Americans. When things go wrong to an American, it is sad for all Americans. Trying to turn it into a racial issue is fundamentally wrong. I really find it appalling.”
Gingrich Calls Obama Comments on Martin Slaying ‘Disgraceful’ - Matthew Shelley - NationalJournal.com

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin