Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
This story makes me so angry.
Yeah, this.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,272
Local Time: 01:06 PM
I honestly couldn't care less if this situation involved a white man and a black man, or two white people, or a Hispanic person and black person, or whatever. I do think there was a racial element here, yes, but I also think Zimmerman just sounds like a nutjob in general-he seemed to be suspicious of that whole freaking neighborhood from what I've read about him. The bottom line is, a teenager is dead because of a guy on a power trip. That's about as simple as I can make the story. Whatever Zimmerman's race, he's in the wrong, and he should be punished for what he's done.

And yeah, those 911 tapes are truly disturbing stuff. I always thought it sounded like a teenager screaming, too, but who knows.
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #48
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,668
Local Time: 03:06 PM
Of course:

Fox's Geraldo Rivera:"I Think The Hoodie Is As Much Responsible For Trayvon Martin's Death As George Zimmerman" | Media Matters for America
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 02:06 PM
I wear hoodies all the time and have never once felt like I've been threatened because of it. The difference is that I'm white.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life
 
ryancoke71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,678
Local Time: 03:06 PM
That is just stupid (Geraldo's link). Good Lord! "Don't let your kids go out wearing hoodies."

This whole story makes me so sad. I can't listen to those 911 tapes. I can't even imagine his poor family having to hear those.
__________________
ryancoke71 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #51
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 08:06 PM
So, wait. If I go out in the rain while wearing a hoodie, I'm suddenly a criminal and any random idiot can shoot me?

What the fuck man. Why does this law even exist. It makes no sense!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,501
Local Time: 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Another reason why Florida is a cesspool of a state.


indeed.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I honestly couldn't care less if this situation involved a white man and a black man, or two white people, or a Hispanic person and black person, or whatever. I do think there was a racial element here, yes, but I also think Zimmerman just sounds like a nutjob in general-he seemed to be suspicious of that whole freaking neighborhood from what I've read about him. The bottom line is, a teenager is dead because of a guy on a power trip. That's about as simple as I can make the story. Whatever Zimmerman's race, he's in the wrong, and he should be punished for what he's done.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
And yeah, those 911 tapes are truly disturbing stuff. I always thought it sounded like a teenager screaming, too, but who knows.
I tried to avoid listening to the tapes the transcripts alone were difficult to read but then I heard the tape on the nightly news and I instantly had tears in my eyes. I find everything about this murder horrific and disturbing. I think the "Stand your Ground" law is a stupid, senseless law that should have never passed. I also just found out that Georgia has a similar law.
__________________
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #54
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 01:06 PM
For the most part the am talk show folks have avoided this story, said Zimmerman was stupid and left it at that, or used it to make predictions about how the media would use this to come after your guns. All pretty predictable of these guys.

BUT Beck decided to take it a step further this morning and predicted that the media and Obama will use this to attack the Jews
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #55
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
So, wait. If I go out in the rain while wearing a hoodie, I'm suddenly a criminal and any random idiot can shoot me?
Actually, Geraldo does mention "dark-skinned" kids specifically in reference to the hoodie being a trigger.

In the mind of a more articulate person that could be turned into good commentary on the state of race relations in this country, but Geraldo doesn't quite get there.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,091
Local Time: 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Actually, Geraldo does mention "dark-skinned" kids specifically in reference to the hoodie being a trigger.

In the mind of a more articulate person that could be turned into good commentary on the state of race relations in this country, but Geraldo doesn't quite get there.
So, I shouldn't wear my hoodie while sporting my killer tan. Gotcha.

Fucking Geraldo. Isn't there a vault he can open or something?
__________________
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #57
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Actually, Geraldo does mention "dark-skinned" kids specifically in reference to the hoodie being a trigger.

In the mind of a more articulate person that could be turned into good commentary on the state of race relations in this country, but Geraldo doesn't quite get there.
Good to know, I'm safe though. My skin colour changes from white as a sheet to lobster red.

It's pretty disturbing how something that seems quite the racist murder can be carried out without punishment. Are they even planning on arresting the guy after the public outrage?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 02:06 PM
Don't wear hoodies. You'll get shot. Don't wear revealing clothes. You'll get raped.

It's never the assailant's fault. You need to stop becoming a victim.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #59
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 705
Local Time: 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Another reason why Florida is a cesspool of a state.
What about Disney World, South Beach, and Tampa Bay?
__________________
HBK-79 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #60
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 08:06 PM
At a press conference following the World Bank nomination this morning:
Obama on Trayvon Martin
__________________

__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
 

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com