Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #571
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,886
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcrusader View Post
I know the left has convicted him and waived their objections to the death penalty.
I know you're employing hyperbole, but has anyone actually changed their mind on the death penalty because of this case? I have never wanted the death penalty employed ever.

I personally couldn't care less about the result of this specific trial. It's the Stand Your Ground and gun control laws that concern me and many others.
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #572
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,494
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Also, all the liberals in here think he's going to be acquitted.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #573
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:57 AM
Zimmerman may be acquitted,
but there is no reasonable doubt that he is a killer
O J Simpson's acquittal is more legitimate than any Zimmerman acquittal will be.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #574
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 06:57 AM
To me, this is where the whole case resides...the unbelievable nature of what GZ claims as the struggle was taking place.

So let me get this straight...he wasn't strong enough to even punch back against a skinny seventeen year old kid...but he was suddenly strong enough to wrestle the gun away from that same kid after TM noticed the gun?

Not to mention the idea that GZ said TM didn't reach for the gun until TM saw it and said something ("You're gonna die tonight"...or something a 17 year old kid would SURELY say) and yet GZ said himself that he had it in his BACK waistband. In the dark. And with witnesses saying TM was ON TOP of GZ, beating him.

The idea that TM was going for the gun is paramount to his self-defense case. And correct me if I am wrong, no prints or DNA from TM were found on the gun? And the only real alternative to this is that GZ discreetly acquired the gun. Not to mention the fact that he would be lying about all of that.

Why would TM suddenly want to shoot a man just for following him around anyway?
That's the single thing that has bugged me the most. That TM is suddenly so angry (and if he's high on THC, why is he mad anyway?) that he wants to kill GZ...

I don't know. What a mess.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #575
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 07:57 AM
To me it's pretty simple. George Zimmerman acted foolishly, disregarded instructions given him by the police and ended up shooting an unarmed person. I am not bothered by the fact that Trayvon Martin may have attacked him, may have his hit his head on the sidewalk whatever. Trayvon clearly felt threatened, and was reacting to that. I find it puzzling that some people expect him to be some sort of MLK. . .he's a kid. The bottom line is if Zimmerman had left it alone, none of this would have happened.

And I feel that he should be held accountable for that. Unfortunately, it looks unlikely that he will be.
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 02:02 AM   #576
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Well, manslaughter of a minor (if it can be added in) in the state of FL is up to 25 years, I believe. That is no slap on the wrist. But the prosecution, according to people such as Alan Dershowitz, really fucked up by over-charging.

I just fundamentally don't believe that Zimmerman was in fear of his life. Period. I don't know why he would have been. I think he just chose to end a fight with a gun because he knew he could, if only subconsciously.

The idea that I'm supposed to believe that GZ was fearful of that kid...and that I am supposed to believe that TM was willing to kill someone (go after the gun) for simply following him. I just don't buy it. And the evidence doesn't conflict with my thinking...I've allowed it to speak to me. I've remained impartial until most recently. Part of me thinks GZ was so shamed by the event (getting beat down) he just over-reacted. And being Mr. Johnny Wannabe Law, he knew what he could plausibly say to the cops afterwards.

Whatever. I just hope there aren't riots after this.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #577
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post

Whatever. I just hope there aren't riots after this.
Of course there will be - and the networks will rake it in from the coverage. Both "sides" are fools - nothing more than blinded consumers.
__________________
AEON is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #578
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:57 AM
I am hearing part of Zimmerman's defense will be that he is non-aggressive because he is vegan.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #579
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I am hearing part of Zimmerman's defense will be that he is non-aggressive because he is vegan.
As a recently converted vegan - I will admit - I'm a bit more patient on the freeway. But I don't think tracking a hooded kid down while packing some heat qualifies one as "non-aggressive".

Judging by the weight gain - I'm guessing he slipped a few baby back ribs into the diet...
__________________
AEON is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #580
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcrusader View Post
Which explains why Martin was on top of Zimmerman?

In today's testimony, a gym owner where Zimmerman trained described Zimmerman's athletic ability, on a scale of 1 to 10, as a "point five".
This is exactly why I'm so perplexed by the right media's portrayal of this case. That makes absolutely no sense. Just because some ends up on top(in a fight) doesn't mean they weren't provoked or the aggressor. If it's me against an armed man, damn right I would try everything, and the likelihood that I get out alive may be higher than most since I've been trained, but still the likelihood isn't high. BUT one of the defenses against such an attack is to try and pin their arms, one of the only ways to do so is get on top.

If anyone has been in a fight, or hell even seen a fight knows that the one in advantage may shift throughout the fight. Placing him on top before he was killed, does NOT tell the entire story, and I think we need to stop pretending like it does.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #581
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
To me, this is where the whole case resides...the unbelievable nature of what GZ claims as the struggle was taking place.

So let me get this straight...he wasn't strong enough to even punch back against a skinny seventeen year old kid...but he was suddenly strong enough to wrestle the gun away from that same kid after TM noticed the gun?

Not to mention the idea that GZ said TM didn't reach for the gun until TM saw it and said something ("You're gonna die tonight"...or something a 17 year old kid would SURELY say) and yet GZ said himself that he had it in his BACK waistband. In the dark. And with witnesses saying TM was ON TOP of GZ, beating him.

The idea that TM was going for the gun is paramount to his self-defense case. And correct me if I am wrong, no prints or DNA from TM were found on the gun? And the only real alternative to this is that GZ discreetly acquired the gun. Not to mention the fact that he would be lying about all of that.

Why would TM suddenly want to shoot a man just for following him around anyway?
That's the single thing that has bugged me the most. That TM is suddenly so angry (and if he's high on THC, why is he mad anyway?) that he wants to kill GZ...

I don't know. What a mess.
Don't believe you're wrong about the prints and DNA. Of course the defense has only begun the attack on the evidence collection. A la OJ.
We'll see if the jury buys it.

Zimmerman was allegedly on sleeping meds and painkillers, will the judge admit that if that's true? That could probably affect behavior more than trace thc that could be in your system from way back.

Don't forget-Trayvon allegedly said you're going to die tonight mother fucker. Accdg to GZ's completely literal non embellished acct. High on pot angry young black man.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #582
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,432
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcrusader View Post

Perhaps we are failing to address the real problem. A US city with the most stringent levels of gun control still has an enormous gun violence problem.

If we shifted attention from the "gun" to the "violence", maybe we would see some of the positive change we are after.
As was stated by IWB, the guns flood in from elsewhere in the state and surrounding states that have more lax rules.

But I do agree with you that its a far more complex issue than just guns.

There's the huge mental health issue that this country should be utterly ashamed of.

There's the poverty issue.

But just because an issue has roots in many places doesn't meant we should just not address any of them.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #583
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,432
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

But what if Martin feared for his life?
He very well could have... just because one party in a confrontation feared for their lives doesn't preclude the other from fearing for theirs.

Which again comes back to the real issue... guns.

I'd love to send Zimmerman away for being reckless, idiotic, ignoring the dispatcher's requests, etc. etc. But given the facts that have been presented I just don't know how he gets convicted of murder.

Maybe if he was up on a charge of negligent homicide there would be a better shot at a conviction.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #584
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 06:57 AM
The judge can charge the jury to consider manslaughter, but apparently there is a big issue if the judge decides to do that - that might prevent it from happening. Maybe someone else can recall what that issue is.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #585
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,432
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
To me, this is where the whole case resides...the unbelievable nature of what GZ claims as the struggle was taking place.

So let me get this straight...he wasn't strong enough to even punch back against a skinny seventeen year old kid...but he was suddenly strong enough to wrestle the gun away from that same kid after TM noticed the gun?

Not to mention the idea that GZ said TM didn't reach for the gun until TM saw it and said something ("You're gonna die tonight"...or something a 17 year old kid would SURELY say) and yet GZ said himself that he had it in his BACK waistband. In the dark. And with witnesses saying TM was ON TOP of GZ, beating him.

The idea that TM was going for the gun is paramount to his self-defense case. And correct me if I am wrong, no prints or DNA from TM were found on the gun? And the only real alternative to this is that GZ discreetly acquired the gun. Not to mention the fact that he would be lying about all of that.

Why would TM suddenly want to shoot a man just for following him around anyway?
That's the single thing that has bugged me the most. That TM is suddenly so angry (and if he's high on THC, why is he mad anyway?) that he wants to kill GZ...

I don't know. What a mess.
On the flip side... why would George Zimmerman want to get into a fight with a random kid with the intent of shooting him?

For their to be murder, there needs to be some sort of intent involved. The state NEVER should have gone after a murder charge in this case. They should have gone after a lesser, easier to prove charge. They bent to public pressure, and now they'll likely end up letting Zimmerman walk... although I do believe that he will eventually be found civilly liable.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
 

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com