Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #556
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcrusader View Post

Just a couple of things from the criminal process. First, in just about every criminal case, a defense counsel moves for acquittal after the prosecution rests its case. Some attorneys suggest that is malpractice to not make such a motion.

The motion only argues that the prosecution failed to establish a case on its face. It has nothing to do with the defense, as the defense has not presented its case at this point.

I know all that. But the defense does argue for it, and the prosecution rebuts. All of that aside, it's still not a prima facie case of self defense-which is what his post seemed to be suggesting.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #557
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
But the NRA doesn't and the Congress has been bought by political interests and is acting in direct opposition to the will of the people on this matter.
Ding ding ding. On that matter and many others. I've said it over the years here in FYM about many different subjects. Whether it's the tax lobby, the health insurance lobby, etc. The NRA example is the most pristine example you could ask for. 90% of Americans in various polls say they support background checks. And yet NOTHING, at all, is done. Even after Newtown.

More and more people are FINALLY wising up. Although not enough. Maybe some people might still be in a bit of denial about it and still want to believe that their elected leaders are better than this. They're not. They care more about staying in office than almost anything else.

Lobbies and special interests have effectively bought the government off. All because of campaign donations and the power of not getting 'primaried' by a powerful lobby. That's not tin-foil hat conspiracy stuff.

It's ABSOLUTELY TRUE. And totally legal. America, fuck yeah!

Old 07-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #558
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The instigation of the fight does not matter when faced with the only question that does... did George Zimmerman fear for his life? If the jury believes that he did, then they can't convict him of murder.

I mean... they can, but they shouldn't.
you really believe this??

a person can pursue somebody, cause an altercation, and then kill them with a gun and be let off??
because they claim they feared for their life.

if that is the case, a kook could pursue you or me or anyone kill them and walk
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #559
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:

Perhaps we are failing to address the real problem. A US city with the most stringent levels of gun control still has an enormous gun violence problem.

If we shifted attention from the "gun" to the "violence", maybe we would see some of the positive change we are after.
Partly. We could also address how utterly idiotic this is:

Quote:
More than a quarter of the firearms seized on the streets here by the Chicago Police Department over the past five years were bought just outside city limits in Cook County suburbs, according to an analysis by the University of Chicago Crime Lab. Others came from stores around Illinois and from other states, like Indiana, less than an hour’s drive away. Since 2008, more than 1,300 of the confiscated guns, the analysis showed, were bought from just one store, Chuck’s Gun Shop in Riverdale, Ill., within a few miles of Chicago’s city limits.
Can't buy fireworks in Massachusetts. Can advertise on billboards throughout the greater Springfield area for fireworks stores located literally just over the border in New Hampshire. At least here people aren't running around using fireworks as murder weapons.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #560
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

you really believe this??

a person can pursue somebody, cause an altercation, and then kill them with a gun and be let off??
because they claim they feared for their life.

if that is the case, a kook could pursue you or me or anyone kill them and walk
Apparently that's the case, if you follow the way this case is playing out to a "logical" conclusion. Of course now Zimmerman claims Trayvon was persuing him, and Zimmerman only got out of his car to check a house address. One that a photo shows was clearly visible in the dark, it had a light right next to it. And the neighborhood only had a few streets, and he's in the neighborhood watch.

And now accdg to his lawyers he was obese at the time, at the very least fat and out of shape. His trainer says he couldn't land a punch. Lmao.

Big blow to the prosecution today-Serino, the lead investigator, said that Trayvon's father said it wasn't his son's voice screaming. When he first played the tape for him.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #561
Blue Crack Supplier

as America gets fatter and fatter, more and more of us are going to need more guns to protect ourselves when we decide to harass black teenagers.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #562
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The instigation of the fight does not matter when faced with the only question that does... did George Zimmerman fear for his life?
But what if Martin feared for his life?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #563
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

Well then he should have had a gun, obviously.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #564
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

why?
Zimmerman is not black, does not look like a "fucking punk (coon), fucking asshole, that always gets away"
Do you think Zimmerman has the natural ability to turn an ordinary sidewalk into a lethal weapon?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #565
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Which explains why Martin was on top of Zimmerman?

In today's testimony, a gym owner where Zimmerman trained described Zimmerman's athletic ability, on a scale of 1 to 10, as a "point five".
Old 07-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #566
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Which explains why Martin was on top of Zimmerman?

In today's testimony, a gym owner where Zimmerman trained described Zimmerman's athletic ability, on a scale of 1 to 10, as a "point five".

Zimmerman had a gun. That renders his fitness moot. Perhaps Trayvon feared that Zimmerman was going to shoot him?

Notably, Zimmerman has gained 120 lbs in the past year.

That's some good legal counsel.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #567
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

Ha! I was thinking the same thing.
But I guess misrepresenting physical attributes of those involved is par for the course in this case
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Zimmerman had a gun. That renders his fitness moot. Perhaps Trayvon feared that Zimmerman was going to shoot him?

So, he got on top of him and started pounding his head?

I know the left has convicted him and waived their objections to the death penalty. Perhaps living with this open hostility led to his weight gain?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

So, he got on top of him and started pounding his head?

I know the left has convicted him and waived their objections to the death penalty. Perhaps living with this open hostility led to his weight gain?

Well, gee, if we're going to play that game, I suppose the right loves it whenever an unarmed black teenager get shot?

If I were in a struggle with someone who was armed, I'd for sure do what I could to make sure I didn't get killed.

All this said, I believe it's entirely possible that Zimmerman is telling the truth. That doesn't mean that it isn't Zimmerman's fault and it also lets us know, again, that guns really do kill people.

My issue here isn't race, though that's impossible to ignore. It's about guns.

Horrible, horrible guns.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #570
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
this gym owner, like many of the best friends of Zimmerman are not credible at all, any other gym owner would have said something like, he came in a 2 but we got him up to a 6, not on a 1 to 10, at my gym we get our paying customers in shape to a whopping .5

the .5 comment should have all jurors completely disregarding him as not credible.

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin