Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #496
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:02 AM
i hold this insane law mostly responsible.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #497
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i hold this insane law mostly responsible.
Zimmerman will not be relying on the Stand Your Ground defense.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #498
Blue Crack Supplier

Self defense is a smarter tactic, no question.

Here we see the effect of individuals feeling empowered to act as Die Hard-style vigilantes.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #499
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:02 AM
Self defense is very convenient when the only other party that could have given any insight as to who threw the first blow is dead.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #500
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Self defense is very convenient when the only other party that could have given any insight as to who threw the first blow is dead.
This isn't the first time a court has considered self-defense where one party has died.

The jury will consider Zimmerman's testimony, the testimony of the various witnesses and the physical evidence. The jury is empowered to weigh the validity of such testimony and evidence, accept it as fact, disregard it completely or something in between.

Probably a better process that the trial the media has conducted.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #501
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcrusader View Post
This isn't the first time a court has considered self-defense where one party has died.

The jury will consider Zimmerman's testimony, the testimony of the various witnesses and the physical evidence. The jury is empowered to weigh the validity of such testimony and evidence, accept it as fact, disregard it completely or something in between.
Of course not, it's just very unfortunate that it almost comes down to the lawyer at this point.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #502
Blue Crack Supplier

I just wish George Zimmerman had listened to the police and stayed in the car like he had been told.

Otherwise an unarmed teenager might still be alive today.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #503
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I just wish George Zimmerman had listened to the police and stayed in the car like he had been told.
This alone is my biggest gripe with Zimmerman. The rest of the story is pretty much hearsay, and one can conclude guilt either way, both men aren't pillars of society, but Zimmerman acting like a vigilante will always be my sticking point with this case.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #504
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcrusader View Post

Probably a better process that the trial the media has conducted.
From what I hear the prosecution has pretty well bungled the trial, so I'd be surprised if he's found guilty.

But it is what it is.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
This alone is my biggest gripe with Zimmerman. The rest of the story is pretty much hearsay, and one can conclude guilt either way, both men aren't pillars of society, but Zimmerman acting like a vigilante will always be my sticking point with this case.
Yeah - I'm not sure anyone can prove beyond a reasonable doubt what went down that night. But I do think it is clear the Zimmerman is lacking judgement in many key areas, and he was/is a danger to the very community he claimed to be defending.

Neighborhood watch is a good thing. You see something off - call it in. Heck, you can be as racist as Archie Bunker and call everything in (of course, you can only cry wolf so many times before you are ignored - but that is another point).

What is NOT a good thing is running around with a frickin' handgun playing Starsky and Hutch.

Trayvon Martin should not have been killed because Zimmerman should not have been there tracking him down with a gun. What in the world did he think would happen? How could something like this end well?

That being said - I'm not it can be proven that Zimmerman is anything more than fool.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #506
Blue Crack Addict

Zimmerman told the police that he carried a gun everywhere except to and from work. That night he was packing while going to Target to grocery shop. I guess he intended to take it into Target and not leave it in the car.

Comes in handy in aisle 2
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

Comes in handy in aisle 2
Or for that mad dash on the Day After Thanksgiving sale.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #508
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's one indication of a paranoid wannabe cop/vigilante. I guess his employer wouldn't permit it, or he would have brought it there too.

Confluence of that and all other circumstances that led to a tragedy. I don't know exactly what happened, but the only other person who does is dead.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #509
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
That night he was packing while going to Target
ironyyyyyyyy
Old 07-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #510
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
From what I hear the prosecution has pretty well bungled the trial, so I'd be surprised if he's found guilty.
Yes they have. Incompetent. I watched all day yesterday, it's hot and humid as hell here so I just wanted to stay in the AC. The medical examiner that they put on as their last witness (huge mistake) was a complete disaster. If that guy keeps his job after this trial, well that's beyond my comprehension. He seems so clueless, I wouldn't be surprised if he would autopsy someone who is still alive. Don't know if they ever rehearsed him or at least watched video of his other court appearances. Then he brings his own notes to the stand and the defense was then entitled to them, notes that were never part of pretrial discovery.

Trayvon's mother did so well on the stand. She should have been the last witness.

My only legal experience is a paralegal certificate, but so much of it is just common sense and instinct.

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin