Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #481
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:24 AM
Barbara Walters also went down to Florida to interview him, and she wouldn't say-but the implication was that he wanted to be paid for the interview. So it never happened. I also read recently that a female family member is accusing him of molesting her. She says it went on for years.

Zimmerman Apology: Trayvon Martin Shooter Tells Parents He's Sorry During 'Hannity' Interview

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman charged with murdering unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, said during his first televised interview: "I'm not a racist. I'm not a murderer."

Zimmerman, joined by his defense attorney Mark O'Mara, sat down with conservative Fox News talk show host Sean Hannity and discussed the events that unfolded the February night Zimmerman shot and killed the 17-year-old Martin, the national outrage the shooting caused and what he perceived as the media's rush to judgment.

"Is there anything that you regret? Do you regret getting out of the car to follow Trayon that night?" Hannity asked. "Do you regret that you had a gun that night?"

"No, sir," Zimmerman, 28, replied. "I feel that it was all God's plan and not for me to second-guess it or judge it."

Old 07-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #482
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:24 AM
I know that people who believe that God has a plan for them include the bad stuff, but I don't know that God really wants people killed (self-defense or not) as part of His grand master plan for you.

I mean, was it God's plan for Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer to kill all those women?

Even if you truly believe that, it does not come across well to say that "God's plan" made you responsible for someone else's death.

Maybe His plan is to open your eyes to the way you live your life, or to open your eyes to something you need to change about your self, but I'm sure He'd prefer that nobody die in order to have your eyes opened.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I know that people who believe that God has a plan for them include the bad stuff, but I don't know that God really wants people killed (self-defense or not) as part of His grand master plan for you.

I mean, was it God's plan for Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer to kill all those women?

Even if you truly believe that, it does not come across well to say that "God's plan" made you responsible for someone else's death.

Maybe His plan is to open your eyes to the way you live your life, or to open your eyes to something you need to change about your self, but I'm sure He'd prefer that nobody die in order to have your eyes opened.
Well said.

I hate it when people say things like "It was God's plan" or "I prayed about it" when essentially all it is is a cop out.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #484
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:24 AM
I can understand the family saying "God's plan" types of things in regards to a relative who has died, even in a horrible fashion, as it might provide comfort to them.

But when the person responsible says it, it's almost a slap in the face to the family of the deceased. "Hey, this was God's plan for me - sorry his plan for your kid was that he die so I could learn a lesson."

Sheesh.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #485
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Yeah God's plan is an excuse for my behavior=lame excuse.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
"Is there anything that you regret? Do you regret getting out of the car to follow Trayon that night?" Hannity asked. "Do you regret that you had a gun that night?"

"No, sir," Zimmerman, 28, replied. "I feel that it was all God's plan and not for me to second-guess it or judge it."
Uh-huh. Sure.

Not to mention, okay, even if he really believed he was doing it in self-defense...there's nothing he regrets about that night? Nothing at all? He doesn't feel bad that he took a young man away from his family? He doesn't feel any regret that he wound up killing someone who wasn't armed?

Maybe I'm weird, then, 'cause that stuff sure as hell would weigh on my mind.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #487
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

^ exactly. it's also an incredibly hollow apology, considering he didn't even seem to give a shit that he took a teenager's life. even if zimmerman's ever-changing story is true (he even contradicted himself in the freaking interview, come on) he should at least say he's sorry for taking a life. to just focus on how it was like totes self-defence is a slap in the face to martin's parents.

not to mention if he really cared about apologising to them, he would've done it privately and not on a fucking tv show. i think he cares more about saving face with the public (sweetie, you do know even if you swayed peoples' opinions, they can't serve on your jury?) than anything else. i don't know if he's guilty or not but it just seems like he's treating this like a reality show or something more than him eventually taking the stand for a murder charge.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

Don't know anything about her credibility and/or motives, but the female relative also claims that his family is openly racist.

He supposedly has a very good lawyer, but I don't get all this pre-trial behavior. It must be some sort of strategy, but obviously it makes no logical sense. Zimmerman's words and actions are such a turnoff. What he's already done is bad enough, even if it actually was in self defense. But keep hangin with Hannity, George. Maybe he'll give you shelter and protection for a month.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:24 AM
To me, George's comments clearly indicate that his shooting was deliberate, and not an accident. Had it been a defensive move, I think he would have a lot of remorse and guilt. But he doesn't, so that tells me he likely set out to shoot Trayvon. If it really was an accident, and he still believes it was "God's plan", then frankly I would question his empathy levels and common sense.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #490
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Eh, I think it indicates that he shot him on purpose but I don't know that it indicates he set out to shoot him. I think his rationale is that "I didn't plan to shoot but ended up in a situation where I had to." His lack of remorse is typical of our culture unfortunately where it seems that no one from the castoff American Idol contestant to the shooter of innocent people has regrets anymore, no one learns anything.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #491
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

regardless of whether it was murder or manslaughter, his actions since the shooting have come off as incredibly cocky to me. he may be innocent and he may know he's innocent, but to be acting like this? if he's found innocent, it won't mean much if everyone hates him because of his behaviour. he'll never have to sit in jail but good luck finding friends, good luck finding jobs, etc.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

Anyone following the case? I've seen some of it, and so far to me it's looking like an acquittal. I guess he could be found guilty of a lesser charge like manslaughter, depending on the charge to the jury. Not sure about that (reading further back in the thread it seems he could be, it's an automatic lesser included charge in FL?). It just seems to be that the reasonable doubt will be a big factor, and the witness credibility. You had the girl who was on the phone with Trayvon and the sensation she caused. Personally I thought she stuck to the basic story quite well, in spite of his lawyer's incessant badgering. I liked her spunk and her willingness to stand up to his condescending ways, but of course all that matters is the jury's impression of her testimony.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #493
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Well said.

I hate it when people say things like "It was God's plan" or "I prayed about it" when essentially all it is is a cop out.
Very much agreed. It is true, that sometimes we can MAKE something good out of bad things happening (acts of heroism after tsunami, teachers facing a shooter to save kids, kid in China standing in front of tank...etc) - but that is not the same as God deliberately planning/scheming new ways to inflict suffering.

God's "Plan" is the redemption of the universe. Anything that is not directly related to making earth/universe/reality more like heaven is acting AGAINST God's plan (think "-on earth as it is in heaven" from Matt. 6:10).

This case is a very odd one. I hate that it has become a Left/Right thing. It doesn't seem that either person was an ideal citizen (who is?). Zimmerman is obviously guilty of running around with a gun playing Walking Tall, but is he guilty of murder - that remains to be seen, that is what the trial is about, and not about politics. To reach a judgement prematurely on either side is playing into the hands of those that want to sell commercials while you watch to coverage.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #494
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post

This case is a very odd one. I hate that it has become a Left/Right thing. It doesn't seem that either person was an ideal citizen (who is?). Zimmerman is obviously guilty of running around with a gun playing Walking Tall, but is he guilty of murder - that remains to be seen, that is what the trial is about, and not about politics. To reach a judgement prematurely on either side is playing into the hands of those that want to sell commercials while you watch to coverage.
Exactly.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #495
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
To reach a judgement prematurely on either side is playing into the hands of those that want to sell commercials while you watch to coverage.
Welcome to the modern American judicial system.

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin