Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #436
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:37 AM
I also love how they hate the whole "creating a victim culture" bit. You mean, the thing that very same article seems to be doing? Seriously, whine much?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #437
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
I've ignored this thread up to now because I instinctively knew all along that the way the story was being presented was not what actually happened - and so it has turned out.

Now for a dose of reality:

My 10 Favorite Hate-Crime Hoaxes - Taki's Magazine
This is REALITY? And what exactly are we suppose to gather from this "reality"? Do we gather that because these people lied that these things don't really happen?

Maybe you should do a little research on your author here. He's admittedly lied in numerous articles and interviews, he explains it's part of his persona, we can tell by his writing that he's an asshole, and he did invent the hipster movement.

In your lifelong attempt to prove that white males are the real victims in life I've seen you embrace and fall for some incredibly shady sources.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #438
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:37 PM
Score another one for finance guy! Finance guy 2 - Liberal media sheep 0. That dose of reality really hit 'em hard. You're doing such a fab job with all this investigative journalism I'm so glad to be on your informed team. I can't decide if we're more like the Hardy Boys or the Scooby gang. Where to next? Are your whitey senses tingling?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #439
45:33

Local Time: 04:37 AM
How does it feel being a caricature, finance guy?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #440
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
You're doing such a fab job with all this investigative journalism I'm so glad to be on your informed team.
I thank you.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #441
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, you're smart. You're definitely trolling, so, well done.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #442
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem
"when did we become such complete faggots about everything"

Christ, what an asshole.

I wish I even knew what this could mean.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

In your lifelong attempt to prove that white males are the real victims in life I've seen you embrace and fall for some incredibly shady sources.
BVS

omg, i have read bits & pieces of fg's posts over the years... economics themed.
BUT I had no idea tho that he leaned much more to bigotry..

if you fg only did some wider ranged research/ read more stories told by African-Americans that would show you that individual white racists and institutional racism still very much exists in the USA. Living/driving while black is still, often a dicey situation.

i will cite one example...
a study done no more than about 4 years ago cited that black men with a college degree and NO criminal record , are STILL less likely to be hired than HS Grad white men WITH criminal records.

one of the saving graces is that younger ,oh 30 and under white people are at times are more in contact with black people and some of the racism is beginning to diminish because of more acquaintances & friendships etc formed.

As for white men being victims....well, yeah, they can be...BUT
esp in the case of poorer & working class/blue collar white men- they can be victims of waaay richer white men who have been sending good paying jobs- closing all manner of factories overseas for years andyears now!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:37 AM
Judge revokes George Zimmerman's bond

the whole thing with George Zimmerman, is that anything he has said should be considered as a lie, unless it can be independently corroborated
Old 06-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #445
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
BVS

omg, i have read bits & pieces of fg's posts over the years... economics themed.
BUT I had no idea tho that he leaned much more to bigotry..

if you fg only did some wider ranged research/ read more stories told by African-Americans that would show you that individual white racists and institutional racism still very much exists in the USA. Living/driving while black is still, often a dicey situation.

i will cite one example...
a study done no more than about 4 years ago cited that black men with a college degree and NO criminal record , are STILL less likely to be hired than HS Grad white men WITH criminal records.

one of the saving graces is that younger ,oh 30 and under white people are at times are more in contact with black people and some of the racism is beginning to diminish because of more acquaintances & friendships etc formed.

As for white men being victims....well, yeah, they can be...BUT
esp in the case of poorer & working class/blue collar white men- they can be victims of waaay richer white men who have been sending good paying jobs- closing all manner of factories overseas for years andyears now!
I do not lean to bigotry. I utterly reject your thesis and frankly I am extremely disappointed in your rush to judgement, as I have always respected your posts and perspective on here.

And to be honest, given that you're not a regular here, if you're clapping your hands at BVS, you're clapping hands at FYM's most consistent troll, someone whose posting style and approach to the forum has embarassed even some of the liberals on here.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #446
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy

I do not lean to bigotry. I utterly reject your thesis and frankly I am extremely disappointed in your rush to judgement, as I have always respected your posts and perspective on here.

And to be honest, given that you're not a regular here, if you're clapping your hands at BVS, you're clapping hands at FYM's most consistent troll, someone whose posting style and approach to the forum has embarassed even some of the liberals on here.
If you find BVS to be a troll, report the offending posts - enough with the personal jabs and public insults.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #447
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
If you find BVS to be a troll, report the offending posts - enough with the personal jabs and public insults.
Couldn't be arsed.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #448
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy

Couldn't be arsed.
Speaking of questionable "style and approach to the forum"...
Old 06-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #449
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:37 AM
Zimmerman has had some defenders in here, or some that have said he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Well, based on his own behavior and conversations I would think some may want to reconsider.

Quote:
"The defendant's wife lied to this court," prosecutor Bernardo de la Rionda told the judge.

Zimmerman has received about $200,000 from anonymous donors to fund his defense, even though his defense lawyer had previously described him as penniless.

The motion to revoke Zimmerman's bond cited transcripts of phone calls he made to his wife from jail. In the calls, which were recorded by the facility, the couple spoke in code about the donated money and Zimmerman instructed his wife to transfer money into her personal account, according to the motion.

"He (Zimmerman) understands the court's concern now we've had a chance to look at it," O'Mara said on Sunday, though he would not speculate about whether Zimmerman's wife might be charged with perjury. "I believe she'll have counsel."

Zimmerman solicited money for his defense through a website, TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com, that has since been taken down. It has been replaced by a new online site for contributions to Zimmerman's defense called gzdefensefund.com.

De La Rionda also told the court that when Zimmerman surrendered his passport to the court at his April 20 bond hearing, he did so knowing that he had a second unexpired passport.

The motion said Zimmerman obtained a passport in 2002. That passport, which expired in May 2012, was the one he turned in to the court during his April bond hearing and his lawyer told the judge it was his only passport.

But prosecutors said Zimmerman in 2004 reported that passport lost or stolen and obtained a new one, which is valid until 2014. Zimmerman also discussed the passport with his wife in one of the recorded calls from jail, the motion said.

He told his wife he thought the passport was in a bag and she replied, "I have one for you in a safety deposit box," the prosecutors said. "OK, you hold onto that," Zimmerman allegedly told her.
Florida shooter George Zimmerman returns to jail | Reuters
Old 06-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #450
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Lying to a court is a pretty big deal, it costs you money and time. AND these lies are pretty easy to prove, so why would you risk it?

If you're willing to take this risk, then how difficult is it to imagine you lie to the police when you're life is on the line and the only other person that was there is dead? That lie is much easier and very difficult to prove.

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin