Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #391
War Child

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I agree. It's just too difficult to say right now and all the media attention sure isn't helping people see things objectively. No matter the outcome of the trial, it's going to be a shit storm afterward
It really, really is. If he gets acquitted, I don't even know what to expect.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:10 AM
he killed a kid, that was just walking home minding his own business
let's hope he does some jail time

Old 05-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey
And I find it amazing that indy is accusing others of abandoning threads when the going gets tough
He asked me to make more detailed posts. I did so on the topic of same sex marriage and he ignored them.

Ramifications, you guys.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #394
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
To me, this remains primarily a gun issue.

Guns are why small crimes become big murders.
exactly. i don't care if martin did punch him. that only gave zimmerman the right to fight back with his fists (or better yet, he could've just gone back to his fucking house and called the cops). if i punch you in the face, it's totally cool for you to shoot me? even though i'm not waving a gun around too or even threatening to shoot you? it just seems a bit absurd to me.

i've still yet to hear anything that justified him being shot. yes martin delivered several blows to zimmerman, but there's obviously been no proof as to whether they were unprovoked or in self defense. i figure that'll come out in the trial.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #395
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
exactly. i don't care if martin did punch him. that only gave zimmerman the right to fight back with his fists (or better yet, he could've just gone back to his fucking house and called the cops). if i punch you in the face, it's totally cool for you to shoot me? even though i'm not waving a gun around too or even threatening to shoot you? it just seems a bit absurd to me.

i've still yet to hear anything that justified him being shot. yes martin delivered several blows to zimmerman, but there's obviously been no proof as to whether they were unprovoked or in self defense. i figure that'll come out in the trial.
I don't completely agree with this, though I understand where you're coming from. It is possible and not all that uncommon to kill someone with your fists, especially when you're also slamming their head on the pavement. It's also possible to receive permanent brain damage to varying degrees. I knew a guy who got sucker punched outside a bar when I was younger; he fell and hit his head on the curb and was never the same person again afterward. If I was in a situation where I felt I was in this sort of danger, I would take every measure availale to make sure that doesn't happen. Does that apply to this case? I don't know
Old 05-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #396
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:10 AM
One would wonder about the safety of letting Zimmerman walk free. Regardless of self defense, being in a fight that was supposedly "that serious" is bound to have long term effects on someone. I doubt he'll want to go anywhere without his gun now. I view him as a massive liability. This is a guy that's paranoid enough to call the police over people just walking around a neighborhood. Now one of the people he was paranoid about went after him and he had to kill them.

He'll probably just be more trigger happy in the future.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #397
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfreckles View Post
One would wonder about the safety of letting Zimmerman walk free. Regardless of self defense, being in a fight that was supposedly "that serious" is bound to have long term effects on someone. I doubt he'll want to go anywhere without his gun now. I view him as a massive liability. This is a guy that's paranoid enough to call the police over people just walking around a neighborhood. Now one of the people he was paranoid about went after him and he had to kill them.

He'll probably just be more trigger happy in the future.
You might be right, but you can't lock someone up for that reason. And if he is innocent of any wrong doing, isn't that just placing blame on a victim? What if someone were to say the same about a rape victim. Again, it might not even be applicable in this case, but time will tell I suppose
Old 05-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #398
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
You might be right, but you can't lock someone up for that reason. And if he is innocent of any wrong doing, isn't that just placing blame on a victim? What if someone were to say the same about a rape victim. Again, it might not even be applicable in this case, but time will tell I suppose
That's the trouble I have with this. I was raised around guns and I was always taught that even if I fear for my life, never try to shoot someone in a vital area, always try to disarm them if you can. Whether it's by hitting them in the head with your gun, or shooting an arm or limb, etc. Just because a gun can kill people doesn't mean you should use it for that. Seemed like Zimmerman was just aiming to kill (even if there was a struggle, he was more likely to miss or hit trayvon in the chest, not the back of his head). It was a kill shot. If he had disarmed Trayvon, and Trayvon was honestly being a violent maniac, then Trayvon would have been put away for assault.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #399
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfreckles View Post
(even if there was a struggle, he was more likely to miss or hit trayvon in the chest, not the back of his head).
I'm pretty sure I read he died from a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #400
War Child

Yeah, he was shot in the chest. If Zimmerman WAS just going for the kill shot, that wouldn't really be the best option.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #401
ONE
love, blood, life

Ya, the chest seems like a non specific area to shoot someone. It's the biggest area, so the mostly likely to be aimed at.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #402
ONE
love, blood, life

But I also found this which makes the whole bloody knuckles thing seem blown out of proportion

Quote:
The official report, prepared by the medical examiner in Volusia County, Fla., also found that the 17-year-old had one other fresh injury – a small abrasion, no more than a quarter-inch in size – on his left ring finger below the knuckle.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #403
War Child

Oh, I hadn't seen that previously. Just let's you know that media coverage on both sides are willing to manipulate public opinion at the cost of honesty.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #404
ONE
love, blood, life

Indeed.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:10 AM
there are definitely two sides, if not more

but this one?

Quote:
The official report, prepared by the medical examiner in Volusia County, Fla., also found that the 17-year-old had one other fresh injury – a small abrasion, no more than a quarter-inch in size – on his left ring finger below the knuckle.
of the following possible sides, which might apply?

a. Zimmerman's side
b. Trayvon's side
c. incorrect side
d. correct side
e. right side
f. wrong side
g. likely criminal side
h. typical law abiding citizen side
i. ??
j. ??

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin