Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #376
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
You're filling in so much information with no evidence what so ever. There's no point pointing to the little evidence you do have
The only point I'm filling in is that trayvon possibly attacked Zimmerman first. Everything else is backed up by at least *some* evidence.
__________________

__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #377
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Trayvon doubled back, and either confronted Zimmerman and had words, or just out and out sucker punched him;
You completely made this part up in your mind. You don't know how the actual confrontation started. And this is the key point in your argument
__________________

__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #378
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
possibly
Of course it's possible. But there are many different possibilities at this point in the situation. Know what I'm saying?

I'm not taking either side. But there are people constructing scenarios on both sides of the fence with little to back them up
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #379
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
You completely made this part up in your mind. You don't know how the actual confrontation started. And this is the key point in your argument
If, within a minute or two, I believe, of the conflict, Trayvon had run off out of Zimmerman's sight, how would you assume the conflict began? I am assuming here, and I admitted this was the only part where I was, but it seems to jive (heh.) with the evidence we do have.
__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #380
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
If, within a minute or two, I believe, of the conflict, Trayvon had run off out of Zimmerman's sight, how would you assume the conflict began? I am assuming here, and I admitted this was the only part where I was, but it seems to jive (heh.) with the evidence we do have.
It would make sense if what you're saying happened. There are probably 50 other scenarios that would also make sense. And probably 50 more that don't really make sense, but are possible. That's the key point in the event where who was right and who was wrong is mostly determined. It's a dangerous point to be jumping to conclusions
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #381
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 04:07 PM
We know that right before the confrontation, Zimmerman lost Trayvon. We know that the only injuries Trayvon had were a bullet wound, and bruised knuckles. We know that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, black eyes, and a head wound. An eye-witness now says that they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman, beating him "MMA style." I really don't feel like my version of events is jumping to toooooooo many conclusions.
__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #382
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,258
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
So Zimmerman decides to follow a 17 year old for a few blocks, I guess he deserves to be beaten to death...
Except he's not dead. Trayvon is. Trayvon didn't start this-he was just walking home. Had Zimmerman not followed him, none of this would've happened.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #383
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Except he's not dead. Trayvon is. Trayvon didn't start this-he was just walking home. Had Zimmerman not followed him, none of this would've happened.
If Zimmerman didn't shoot, and Trayvon beat him to death, what would you say?
__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #384
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
We know that right before the confrontation, Zimmerman lost Trayvon.
Could've found him again
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #385
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Could've found him again
He certainly could've, and that's one reason we'll probably never know for CERTAIN what happened in those few minutes. But IMO that seems unlikely; he'd stopped following him, and Trayvon had run away. I doubt he would've hung up with the police, and managed to run Trayvon down (whom he had no real way of finding) within a minute or two.
__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #386
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:07 PM
All it would've taken was to catch a glimpse of him in the distance to continue pursuing. You could very well be right, but there's so little we know and an infinite number of combinations of events at that moment. That's all I'm saying. I mean, there could even be a completely different scenario that still makes Zimmerman seem to be innocent.
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #387
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
All it would've taken was to catch a glimpse of him in the distance to continue pursuing. You could very well be right, but there's so little we know and an infinite number of combinations of events at that moment. That's all I'm saying. I mean, there could even be a completely different scenario that still makes Zimmerman seem to be innocent.
I can respect this opinion and I'd agree with that. It just bugs me sometimes that so many people seem to believe the only way "justice" can be "served" in this case is if Zimmerman's convicted of murder, and put away for life, when there's really very little evidence to say he's guilty of second degree.
__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #388
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,258
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
If Zimmerman didn't shoot, and Trayvon beat him to death, what would you say?
Depends on the circumstance. If Zimmerman had done nothing to provoke Trayvon and he'd beat him to death for the hell of it, Trayvon would absolutely be in the wrong and I would definitely expect him to be punished.

But if he attacked Zimmerman because Zimmerman either was harassing him or perceived to be harassing him, which, again, is likely what he was thinking when he did go after Zimmerman in this situation, then he's just as justified in his response as Zimmerman supposedly is in his, right? I've asked that before in this thread: Zimmerman can "stand his ground" based on the supposed threat Trayvon posed and that's okay, but Trayvon couldn't "stand his ground" based on the supposed threat Zimmerman posed to him?
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #389
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
I can respect this opinion and I'd agree with that. It just bugs me sometimes that so many people seem to believe the only way "justice" can be "served" in this case is if Zimmerman's convicted of murder, and put away for life, when there's really very little evidence to say he's guilty of second degree.


I agree. It's just too difficult to say right now and all the media attention sure isn't helping people see things objectively. No matter the outcome of the trial, it's going to be a shit storm afterward
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #390
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

But if he attacked Zimmerman because Zimmerman either was harassing him or perceived to be harassing him, which, again, is likely what he was thinking when he did go after Zimmerman in this situation, then he's just as justified in his response as Zimmerman supposedly is in his, right? I've asked that before in this thread: Zimmerman can "stand his ground" based on the supposed threat Trayvon posed and that's okay, but Trayvon couldn't "stand his ground" based on the supposed threat Zimmerman posed to him?
As far as I'm concerned, it's only "standing your ground" if you're being physically harmed. If Trayvon is going "MMA style" on Zimmerman's head, Zimmerman has the right to defend himself; If Zimmerman follows Trayvon for a block and then stops, Trayvon does not have the right to attack.
__________________

__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
 

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com