Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #346
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
What does this have to do with anything?
And why mention that and not the prescription drugs in Zimmerman's system?

Honestly, I don't think Zimmerman is going to be found guilty. And you know what? Fine. That's what the justice system is here for. My outrage, and I think that of many others, was that it took so long for a charge to be filed.

Yeah, yeah "stand your ground" law - but is it so simple as "well, this guy said he acted in self defense, so I guess we should take his word, despite the fact that he wasn't supposed to have a gun as part of the neighborhood watch and the dispatcher told him not to follow the guy." ? No, it is not that simple.

Honestly, this whole thing is just so fucking sad. Zimmerman chose to go out and act upon what he saw as suspicious. Well, maybe he should have just called the cops to say "hey, something doesn't look right here," but he took it upon himself (again, with a gun, which he was not supposed to do). Zimmerman chose to take a gun. Not fine. What could have been nothing more than plain old assault ended with someone dead.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #347
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post

and as for the marijuana, what, are we buying into the myth that it makes people aggressive or something?
Drug crazed negroes!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #348
ONE
love, blood, life

And I find it amazing that indy is accusing others of abandoning threads when the going gets tough
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #349
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, yeah, it's illegal. Fine. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not Zimmerman shot in self defense.

Are they trying to besmirch his character? Like because he smoked a little weed makes him a thug or a gang-banger? I'm sure that's it, honestly.

I guess that's how it works, because lord knows anyone who might remotely be a "thug" means that they always must be the aggressor in any situation.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #350
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:50 PM
i'm like cori in that i'm not optimistic that zimmerman will be found guilty. but even if all that happens is this ridiculous law is repealed or a new law is put in place clarifying a lot of things, rather than a blanket "as long as someone steps foot on your property, you can chase them like a wild animal for as long as you choose and shoot them in cold blood and not even be taken downtown for questioning" as it is now, then martin didn't die in vain.

ideally, i'd love it if zimmerman were found guilty and they repealed the law, but i gotta be realistic.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Are they trying to besmirch his character? Like because he smoked a little weed makes him a thug or a gang-banger? I'm sure that's it, honestly.
Pretty much, yeah. If that's the case, man, every pot smoker's a thug/gang-banger apparently now. Wow. That's a lot of people with that label.

And he wore a hoodie, too. So he even LOOKS the part! And it's a young black teenager doing all that stuff*! The horror!

*Whether Zimmerman is racist or not, who knows, but please, let's not even try and deny that the coverage by some, as well as the defense of Zimmerman by some, doesn't have a racial element lurking somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
And I find it amazing that indy is accusing others of abandoning threads when the going gets tough
Seriously.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #352
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm confused as to what I"m supposed to be seeing in this 7-11 video...
Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #353
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Pretty much, yeah. If that's the case, man, every pot smoker's a thug/gang-banger apparently now. Wow. That's a lot of people with that label.

And he wore a hoodie, too. So he even LOOKS the part! And it's a young black teenager doing all that stuff*! The horror!

*Whether Zimmerman is racist or not, who knows, but please, let's not even try and deny that the coverage by some, as well as the defense of Zimmerman by some, doesn't have a racial element lurking somewhere.

Seriously.
The coverage that had racial elements to it was the coverage condemning Zimmerman before the facts were known. That's not even debatable.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

No comments on the marijuana found in Mr Martin's bloodstream.
This comes from the "she was wearing a short skirt" line of reasoning.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #355
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This comes from the "she was wearing a short skirt" line of reasoning.
Really? It's not logical to think that being under the influence of drugs could possibly lead to making less than stellar decisions?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #356
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
The coverage that had racial elements to it was the coverage condemning Zimmerman before the facts were known. That's not even debatable.
Yes, he got some of that, too. But so did Martin.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #357
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Really? It's not logical to think that being under the influence of drugs could possibly lead to making less than stellar decisions?
If it's true that Zimmerman had prescription drugs in his system at the time, then the same goes for him.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
If it's true that Zimmerman had prescription drugs in his system at the time, then the same goes for him.
Both of these would be prejudicial.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #359
War Child

Evidence: Trayvon Had Bruised Knuckles, Zimmerman Broken Nose

"The medical report from George Zimmerman’s family doctor after the Trayvon Martin shooting shows that Zimmerman’s nose was broken; he also had a pair of black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head, a bruised upper lip, and a back injury. He was examined by the doctor the day after the shooting. The three-page medical report will likely be used as evidence for the defense.
Meanwhile, the Trayvon Martin autopsy shows that other than his gunshot wound, the only injury on Martin was that the skin on his knuckles was broken. Combined with the evidence from Zimmerman's medical report, the logical conclusion is that Martin was beating up Zimmerman severely before Zimmerman shot him."

Nothing but bruised knuckles, hm..?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

That was directed towards the people in the Court of Public Opinion who are going around stating "Martin was smoking pot!" with their pointy fingers of shame.

But I like that a you can come in and explain stuff like that, because it does help clarify some things.

Edit: I thought I'd seen something that said he'd had prescription drugs in his system, but fine, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Doesn't matter what I say or think - I'm not on the jury.

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin